16th July 2011, 06:10 PM
sumanthc1

How to prepare for Civil Services Exam pursuing my B.Tech 2nd year?

hi.....i am studying B.tech 2nd year please tell me how to prepare for civil services from now? please give me a time table for my preparation?

Related Questions:
  1. Which Optional subjects should I choose for Civil Services Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech? Books and Magazines to prepare for this Exam?
  2. What should I do to prepare for Civil Services Exam along with my studies being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B-Pharmacy? How to prepare for General Knowledge, Current Affairs and other topics for Civil Services Exam?
  3. How to prepare for Civil Services Exam?
  4. What should I choose between civil services and M.Tech after completing B.Tech in CSE?
  5. How should I prepare for Civil Services? I am a student of M.Pharmacy 2nd year
  6. How can I join defence service? I am pursuing B.Tech in electronics and communication
  7. Can I give UPSC Exam being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year B.Tech with CSE? How to prepare for this Exam?
  8. Any possibility to get a job in Civil Services or Defence services after passing B.Tech in ETC?
  9. Guidance to prepare for IAS and IES Exams being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of BE in Civil Engineering? Previous 10 year Question Papers for these Exams?
  10. Courses to study in Graduation for pursuing Civil Services exam? Job opportunities after failing to achieve in Civil Services?
  11. How to prepare for Civil Services exam? Last 10 years Prelims Papers?
  12. How to prepare for civil service exam? I am doing first year B.E ECE
  13. How to do B.Tech after pursuing diploma in civil engineering?
  14. Eligibility for Civil services exam? Am I eligible for Civil services exam having 2 years of education gap?
  15. In which Companies I can get Internship being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of B.Tech in Civil Engineering?
  16. How to apply and study for Civil services exam being in 2nd year of BCA? -- [New]
  17. How to prepare for Civil Services exams while doing 2nd year in graduation in Horticulture? Preferred books for preparation of General Studies?
  18. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of B.Tech in CSE pursuing 2nd year? -- [Most Discussed]
21st July 2011, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to prepare for Civil Services Exam pursuing my B.Tech 2nd year?

what is the exat time for preparation of civil services while doing b.tech,kindly tell how to prepare for it.i want to start preparation from first year itself kindly enlighten me in this regards.
16th August 2011, 01:16 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what is the exat time for preparation of civil services while doing b.tech,kindly tell how to prepare for it.i want to start preparation from first year itself kindly enlighten me in this regards.
hello frnd, you should have to start preperation either from may or october as the new batches in coaching institutions starts in this period, firstly concentrate on GS then on optional subjects , be in reular touch with current affairs ,news, and don't miss the newspaper
remember you must be a graduate one, as it is the basic requirement for to sit in this exam so also focus on your b-tech and whenever you get some extra time llkein holidays utillise it for your cse prepration and in the 4th year join a test series.... and lastly your contribution is first .......so it is toughest exam in the world @needs really tough hardwork................
ALL THE BEST-GIRISH PANDIT
23rd August 2011, 10:18 AM
Unregistered

i want to prepare for civils exam.I am studyng 3rd btech.pls tel me the subjects which i have to prepare for civils exam and also give me the timetable for preparation.
16th October 2011, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

'm a mechanical 2nd year student , plz tell me about the various subjects i can opt fr civil xms !!!
26th November 2011, 03:26 AM
m.khushhal

Hi.....
Yoy need to work hard for cracking civil exam.,Civil service Exams are conducted by UPSC.
There will be 2 exam in civil service exams.
1.Prelims
2.Main
If you pass in the prelims then only you are eligible to write the main exam.
There will be different type of papers on
General studies
General Aptitude
Reasoning
English
General awareness
The exam consist both multiple choice questions and descriptive questions.
Totally there will be more than 6 papers.
Better to go for coaching institute then only you can clear he written exam because there will be heavy competition .
Prepare the exam syllabus regularly by preparing time table.
For more details visit:
www.upsc.gov.in
4th December 2011, 09:55 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Hi

Civil Service Exams are organized by the government to select candidates for the various posts in the Indian Administrative Services.
They are considered to be the most reputated posts and are honored everywhere in India and abroad.

So firstly the Eligibility for this exam says :

1. A candidate should be an Indian National.

2. He/She should be a minimum graduate from a recognized university by UGC.

3. The age of the candidate should vary as follows :

21-30 years for General Candidates
21-33 years for OBC Candidates
21-35 years for SC/ST Candidates

4. Any stream student can apply for this. i.e Science, Commerce, or Arts, anybody can apply.

This exam is conducted in two steps namely :

1. Preliminary
2. Mains

1.Preliminary Exam:
This consists of 2 papers having objective type questions (MCQ) of 400 marks.

Paper 1: 200 marks
Paper 2: 200 marks

Each paper is of 2 hours duration.

2.Main exam:
This is the next paper, of you clear the Prelims.
It consists of numerous papers and lasts 21 days.

Paper 1-Any one of the Indian Languages to be selected by the candidate
and it would be of 300 marks

Paper 2-English for 300 Marks

Paper 3-Essay for 200 Marks

Papers 4+5- General Studies and knowledge for 600 Marks

Papers 6+7+8+9- Any two subjects to be selected from the optional subjects and it would constitute of 1200 Marks taking the total Marks to 2000.

On clearing this, you would be called for a round of Personal Interview. After that you would be selected as a class 1 officer.

So coming to the preparations part, since you are in just 2 nd year right now, you have ample time to study for this exam.
Do buy some good books, and devote a regular time for the preparation of this exam.

For any more information, please Click Here

For books, study material and other helpful stuffs, please visit HERE

All the best

Regards
#RJ#
21st February 2012, 10:47 AM
Unregistered

i am interested in IAS but how to start my preparation right from Btech 1st year ? what are the books
to follow ? please suggest some online books ..
31st August 2014, 07:23 PM
Unregistered

Is there any corrections in qualification required for IPS at present or in future?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?