13th June 2017, 10:20 AM
Unregistered

Can I pursue Masters in Automobile Engineering, preferably outside India after completing my bachelors in Electrical Engineering?

I have completed my bachelors in Electrical domain. Core Electrical. I was never able to see my future in that despite numerous scopes in that field. I have been developing quite an interest in automobile sector, for quite a long time(post 4th year time) and I was thinking to start preparing for the same. Will that be a good option?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do masters in automobile or any other branch after completion of Bachelors in Computer Engineering?
  2. In which universities can I pursue masters in India after Bachelors in Psysiotherapy?
  3. Am I eligible to do masters in Automobile engineering in Germany after completion of B.Tech Electrical Engineering in India?
  4. Can I pursue masters in Automobile Engineering after completing diploma and degree in Electrical Engineering?
  5. How can I apply for jobs in India after completing masters in automobile engineering from UK?
  6. Am I eligible to do masters in automobile after completion of B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering?
  7. Can I do masters in automobile engineering after completing B.Tech in electrical and electronics engineering?
  8. Which entrance exam to give to pursue masters in Automobile Engineering? What is the syllabus for Automobile in GATE?
  9. Is there any university available in India which provides masters degree in automobile engineering through distance mode?
  10. Masters in Automobile Engineering after pursing B.Tech in Electrical Engineering? List of reputed colleges in India offering M.Tech? Universities in USA offering the same?
  11. Best universities in Canada and Germany to do Masters in Automobile Engineering?
  12. How to pursue M.Tech in automobile engineering after completing B.Tech in electrical engineering
  13. Which are the best universities which offer masters in Automobile?
  14. How to pursue Masters after completing bachelors in Physiotherapy? What is the age limit to pursue masters program?
  15. Best universities for Masters in Automobile in Germany and Canada after B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering)? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. What are the courses available that I can pursue after completing class 12th Science (PCMB)?
  17. List of streams available to study in B.Tech
  18. Best universities to pursue Masters in Physiotherapy in India? Which field is the best to do MPT?
14th June 2017, 12:56 PM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I pursue Masters in Automobile Engineering, preferably outside India after completing my bachelors in Electrical Engineering?

As you are a Electrical branch student , i will not advice you to move towards automobile sector as you have already done bachelor degree in electrical branch . Still as per your request i am providing some short term course detail in automobile sector which can be done as a part time or in regular mode.

>> Diploma in Automobile (12 month duration)
>> Certificate in motor vehicle mechanic (1 year duration)
14th June 2017, 02:57 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pursue Masters in Automobile Engineering, preferably outside India after completing my bachelors in Electrical Engineering?

Yes you can pursue Master's degree in Automobile Engineering. There is no any special criteria followed for admission in any sector.
Eligibility criteria are as follows:-
Candidate must have to clear entrance exam.
Candidate must have attained at least 45% aggregate in graduation.
Candidate must be a holder of graduation degree from a recognized university.
14th June 2017, 07:50 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can do Masters in Automobile engineering outside India like Germany, USA, UK, London etc. In general if you want to study Masters in India you are not eligible because in India the candidate should complete their graduation in Automobile engineering.

To study masters in Automobile engineering in foreign countries the eligibility required is mentioned below.

Eligibility criteria:
- The candidate should complete their graduation in any stream with 50% from any recognised university.
- You need to attend GRE/ TOEFL/ IELTS exam the eligibility score for GRE is 50%, for TOEFL the score is 550 in paper based exam, 213 in computer based exam, 80 in internet based exam, for IELTS the score is 6.0.
- If you score highest score in the exam then you'll get the best college.
14th June 2017, 08:10 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to apply master's degree in automobile engineering after completion of Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering but it is not advisable to change your stream after completion of graduation degree. Changing stream directly affects your basic concepts, understanding, career target etc.
Even it will be very difficult to pursue master's in automobile engineering for a candidate from electrical background.
In nutshell, you are suggested to go either for job or master's in core field.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?