5th February 2010, 02:08 AM
sudha_1

Can IES be prepared in four months? or should I try next year only? suggest me, which one will be better

plz suggest me which one i have to choose now
due to some reasons i didnt studeid futher and no job.
but after 4 years now i have an opertuinity to study or do my job.
so what will be better now
what r the opertunities i have now
for satisfation i would like to do sth (not for sake of money, no one depentent on me)
presently i am thinking of IES , in 4 months effort can i get IES(bz after 4 years i have to start fresly) , or should i plan for next year IES , or any better option i have
plz suggest me , i have to proove my self ,

thaking u

Last edited by sudha_1; 8th May 2010 at 07:23 AM.
5th February 2010, 04:26 AM
rrmohantysmile
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can IES be prepared in four months? or should I try next year only? suggest me, which one will be better

i think for you it will be better if you get some job and along with it prepare for IES and brush up your skillls in the meantime and as well as get some earning so as to boost you up because in 4 months you will just be able to recollect your past study but can not prepare well for the exam but if you are very determined and sure then go for it other wise i will suggest you to try and get a job and do the preparation along with it which satisfies you better or suits you appropiately do that . all the best and good luck for the exams and preparations as welll
5th February 2010, 10:12 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can IES be prepared in four months? or should I try next year only? suggest me, which one will be better

i think IES can take some lots of time, you should have more practise, in four month you should not have clear the exams.

Be very particular about the subject you choose for prelims, as you will be appearing for an objective type of paper. History, maths, geography may prove to be very scoring.

Improve your communication skills. IFS aspirants must be proficient in at least one foreign language. So go ahead, have your say in this political mess of our country and try to make it a better place.
5th February 2010, 10:30 AM
anudmishra
Senior Member+

i would suggest you to take ies coaching for this year ad attempt the exam next year because the ies exam is very tough and and it is not easy to clear it and as you have to start fresh it will be even more tougher for you,so better write the exam next year,
all the best
5th February 2010, 12:57 PM
er_sheetal2005

Hi. . .dear how are you ?hope you will be fine. .it is very nice to fight IES exams..but it need a lot of hard work and practise .as told by you that you are neither studing nor doing any job from last two years..i think there will be certainly a knowledge gap which can be recovered by hard work.and deep studies.i will suggest you to work hard for a year and after that fight for the entrace..because it will be benefical for you..if you can wait for one year and will study hard you will definitely get the sweet result..and the other option of getting prepared in four month is not good.it will be very much tough for you dear to prepare the exam in so much short duration.entrace exam needs hard work with a lot of problem solving skills.and the other side, in one year you will get experienced means ready to fight the test .fine dear .all the best..
5th February 2010, 06:51 PM
kusum singal

you are not eligible for IES exam.
if you belong to sc/st categoy then you can apply.
6th February 2010, 12:42 AM
pradeep.g.u
Senior Member+

ya hard preparation for four months is ok for clearing ies .. be confident in tour preparation dont give up even if you could't clear this time
6th February 2010, 03:04 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

i guess four months are very less since you are giving ies better yo try it next year with more confidence however if you think that you have the potential to do it this time then go ahead
8th February 2010, 09:48 PM
thakurbaba307

if u r not working 4 months are good time, u just have to be focused and determined....make a plan and stick with it.......
10th February 2010, 08:32 AM
gautam d wonder lover
Senior Member++

since you have made a four year gap between your study,so it is not possible to prepare for ies only in 4 month,so i would suggest you to go for a job,meanwhile you will also prepare for ies.
23rd February 2010, 09:08 PM
princearyan
Senior Member+

you have gap in your studis then its good prepre for next tear....
26th February 2010, 12:40 PM
atanu
Senior Member++

dear friend.
we all are know that I E S is one of the toughest exam.............in all exam....
so in depth study in your field or deep knowledge in your field.....in which you are completed your engineering........should have mandatory......
only having a good knowledge and good personality can crack this exam......
i don't think that you are not able to prepare............for I E S......in four month
i think that you should give more time for this exam......
so
best of luck
12th August 2010, 02:57 PM
ravi k
Senior Member+

dear frnd,

yes, you can.

if you have grasp on the syllabus of IES ,then you can revise in 4 months.

for this you have to do hard labour.

try this year, if you fail then go for next year.

all d best.
13th August 2010, 01:01 PM
amit1057
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
It is very nice to fight IES exams..but it need a lot of hard work
you have to do hard labour try this year,
if you fail then go for next year.
All the best
14th August 2010, 01:31 AM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Hello friend,

You have got strong determination dear..

Definitely you can cover up or take well preparation within four months..

Anyway you have not provided any information regarding your branch of study...

Still, i will suggest you to get into some coaching center for sound preparation for the exam as it is a very tough exam...

So you can succeed in your future as you have strong will..

Go ahead...Best of luck!
15th August 2010, 06:32 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

there will be certainly a knowledge gap which can be recovered by hard

work.and deep studies.

i will suggest you to work hard for a year and after that fight for the

entrance.because it will be beneficial for you..if you can wait for one year and

will study hard you will definitely get the sweet result..and the other option of

getting prepared in four month is not good
26th August 2010, 01:14 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

ENGINEERING PAPER - I
(For both objective and conventional types papers)

1. EM Theory
Electric and magnetic fields. Gauss's Law and Amperes Law. Fields in dielectrics, conductors and magnetic materials. Maxwell's equations. Time varying fields. Plane-Wave propagating in dielectric and conducting media. Transmission lines.

2. Electrical Materials
Band Theory, Conductors, Semi-conductors and Insulators. Super-conductivity. Insulators for electrical and electronic applications. Magnetic materials. Ferro and ferri magnetism. Ceramics, Properties and applications. Hall effect and its applications. Special semi conductors.

3. Electrical Circuits
Circuits elements. Kirchoff's Laws. Mesh and nodal analysis. Network Theorems and applications. Natural response and forced response. Transient response and steady state response for arbitrary inputs. Properties of networks in terms of poles and zeros. Transfer function. Resonant circuits. Threephase circuits. Two-port networks. Elements of two-element network synthesis.

4. Measurements and Instrumentation
Units and Standards. Error analysis, measurement of current, Voltage, power, Power-factor and energy. Indicating instruments. Measurement of resistance, inductance, Capacitance and frequency. Bridge measurements. Electronic measuring instruments. Digital Voltmeter and frequency counter. Transducers and their applications to the measurement of non-electrical quantities like temperature, pressure, flow-rate displacement, acceleration, noise level etc. Data acquisition systems. A/D and D/A converters.

5. CONTROL SYSTEMS.
Mathematical modelling of physical systems. Block diagrams and signal flow graphs and their reduction. Time domain and frequency domain analysis of linear dynamical system. Errors for different type of inputs and stability criteria for feedback systems. Stability analysis using Routh-Hurwitz array, Nyquist plot and Bode plot. Root locus and Nicols chart and the estimation of gain and phase margin. Basic concepts of compensator design. State variable matrix and its use in system modelling and design. Sampled data system and performance of such a system with the samples in the error channel. Stability of sampled data system. Elements of non-linear control analysis. Control system components, electromechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic components.

ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING PAPER - II
(For both objective and conventional types papers)

1. Electrical Machines and Power Transformers
Magnetic Circuits - Analysis and Design of Power transformers. Construction and testing. Equivalent circuits. Losses and efficiency. Regulation. Auto-transformer, 3-phase transformer. Parallel operation.
Basic concepts in rotating machines. EMF, torque, basic machine types. Construction and operation, leakage losses and efficiency.
B.C. Machines. Construction, Excitation methods. Circuit models. Armature reaction and commutation. Characteristics and performance analysis. Generators and motors. Starting and speed control. Testing, Losses and efficiency.
Synchronous Machines. Construction. Circuit model. Operating characteristics and performance analysis. Synchronous reactance. Efficiency. Voltage regulation. Salient-pole machine, Parallel operation. Hunting. Short circuit transients.
Induction Machines. Construction. Principle of operation. Rotating fields. Characteristics and performance analysis. Determination of circuit model. Circle diagram. Starting and speed control.
Fractional KW motors. Single-phase synchronous and induction motors.

2. Power systems
Types of Power Stations, Hydro, Thermal and Nuclear Stations. Pumped storage plants. Economics and operating factors.

Power transmission lines. Modeling and performance characteristics. Voltage control. Load flow studies. Optimal power system operation. Load frequency control. Symmetrical short circuit analysis. ZBus formulation. Symmetrical Components. Per Unit representation. Fault analysis. Transient and steady-state stability of power systems. Equal area criterion.
Power system Transients. Power system Protection Circuit breakers. Relays. HVDC transmission.

3. ANALOG AND DIGITAL ELECTRONICS AND CIRCUITS
Semiconductor device physics, PN junctions and transistors, circuit models and parameters, FET, Zener, tunnel, Schottky, photo diodes and their applications, rectifier circuits, voltage regulators and multipliers, switching behavior of diodes and transistors.
Small signal amplifiers, biasing circuits, frequency response and improvement, multistage amplifiers and feed-back amplifiers, D.C. amplifiers, Oscillators. Large signal amplifiers, coupling methods, push pull amplifiers, operational amplifiers, wave shaping circuits. Multivibrators and flip-flops and their applications. Digital logic gate families, universal gates-combination circuits for arithmetic and logic operational, sequential logic circuits. Counters, registers, RAM and ROMs.

4. MICROPROCESSORS
Microprocessor architecture-Instruction set and simple assembly language programming. Interfacing for memory and I/O. Applications of Micro-processors in power system.

5. COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS
Types of modulation; AM, FM and PM. Demodulators. Noise and bandwidth considerations. Digital communication systems. Pulse code modulation and demodulation. Elements of sound and vision broadcasting. Carrier communication. Frequency division and time division multiplexing, Telemetry system in power engineering.

6. POWER ELECTRONICS
Power Semiconductor devices. Thyristor. Power transistor, GTOs and MOSFETS. Characteristics and operation. AC to DC Converters; 1-phase and 3-phase DC to DC Converters; AC regulators. Thyristor controlled reactors; switched capacitor networks.
Inverters; single-phase and 3-phase. Pulse width modulation. Sinusoidal modulation with uniform sampling. Switched mode power supplies.

This is the whole course of IES for electrical engineers...If you can complete it within 4 months time then Surely you will qualify....

Use your chances of attempting the IES exam carefully....

Good luck !!
28th August 2010, 05:01 AM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

IES is a exam conducted by UPSC.. so it is not easy to crack this type of exam with in four month..
for good preparation you have to study well your basic subject... try to make clear the basic concept..
it will be better for you to join coaching class.. they will give you the idea of your question format..

if you really want to go for IES then you can drop a year for taking good preparation..

all the best..
28th August 2010, 05:29 AM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

IES is a exam conducted by UPSC.. so it is not easy to crack this type of exam with in four month..
for good preparation you have to study well your basic subject... try to make clear the basic concept..
it will be better for you to join coaching class.. they will give you the idea of your question format..

if you really want to go for IES then you can drop a year for taking good preparation..

all the best..
29th August 2010, 12:32 AM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
According to me it is not possible to crack IES exam within four months.its one of the toughest exams conducted by UPSC.so my suggestion will be to have full preparation and sit for the exam next year.you should have all the basic concepts clear and have a deep knowledge of all the subjects of your branch.you can join any coaching institute for better results.
All The Best!!
29th August 2010, 12:38 AM
rushi adhia

HI,

I think that you need a good practice for IES as you have started freshly after 4 years so you can opt for IES in the next year and so you will get more time for preparation.

-All the best
29th August 2010, 02:18 AM
subhash5687
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudha_1 View Post
plz suggest me which one i have to choose now
due to some reasons i didnt studeid futher and no job.
but after 4 years now i have an opertuinity to study or do my job.
so what will be better now
what r the opertunities i have now
for satisfation i would like to do sth (not for sake of money, no one depentent on me)
presently i am thinking of IES , in 4 months effort can i get IES(bz after 4 years i have to start fresly) , or should i plan for next year IES , or any better option i have
plz suggest me , i have to proove my self ,

thaking u
dear i think you have to plan for next year it is not easy to break ies in 4 month
best of luck dear
15th January 2011, 03:27 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Hello Dear,
IES is not a cat dog game ... u have to prepare for it for atleast for 6 months.
16th January 2011, 12:09 AM
saswata06

I would suggest you to take IES coaching for this year and attempt the exam next year because the ies exam is very tough and and it is not easy to clear it and as you have to start fresh it will be even more tougher for you,so better write the exam next year.
16th January 2011, 12:10 AM
amlendu
Senior Member++

Dear,
i think for you it will be better if you get some job and along with it prepare for IES and brush up your skillls in the meantime and as well as get some earning so as to boost you up because in 4 months you will just be able to recollect your past study but can not prepare well for the exam but if you are very determined and sure then go for it other wise i will suggest you to try and get a job and do the preparation along with it which satisfies you better or suits you appropiately do that . all the best and good luck for the exams and preparations as welll

Thanks.
16th January 2011, 12:13 AM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

HI FRIEND,
I think IES take time for preparation but never stop for try so prepare your self for this exam in the limited time in a better way as you can if you could not then you could try in next year.
16th January 2011, 12:19 AM
payal1004

Hi frnd
as u hv mentioned dat u want to prove up urslf i thnk u shud not take chance for this . u can try up some job and prepare for IES exam
13th July 2011, 05:41 PM
Unregistered

for ies any physical test should qualify
28th January 2012, 12:26 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

i think IES can take some lots of time, you should have more practise, in four month you should not have clear the exams.

Be very particular about the subject you choose for prelims, as you will be appearing for an objective type of paper. History, maths, geography may prove to be very scoring.

Improve your communication skills. IFS aspirants must be proficient in at least one foreign language. So go ahead, have your say in this political mess of our country and try to make it a better place.
11th February 2012, 11:19 PM
Unregistered

i have good knowledge of electrical engg subjects... i want to clear IES this time... but the problem is i am marathi medium student i don't know english that much also i am weak in general knowledge. technically i am sound. my qualification is ITI, DIPLOMA, BE and MTech .... can 3 months of study is enough for m to clear IES. plz suggest
thank u in advance....
12th February 2012, 07:12 PM
BHAUMIK K. PATEL

Thumbs up Re: Can IES be prepared in four months? or should I try next year only? suggest me, which one will be better

It need a lot of hard work and practise .as told by you that you are neither studing nor doing any job from last two years.
I want to suggest you to work hard for a year and after that fight for the entrace..because it will be benefical for you.

All the best and do good.
28th March 2012, 09:42 PM
kaveribiswas

i think for you it will be better if you get some job and along with it prepare for IES and brush up your skillls in the meantime and as well as get some earning so as to boost you up because in 4 months you will just be able to recollect your past study but can not prepare well for the exam but if you are very determined and sure then go for it other wise i will suggest you to try and get a job and do the preparation along with it which satisfies you better or suits you appropiately do that .
10th December 2012, 07:09 PM
Unregistered

i am signal technician in southernrailway.now i am doing final year msc electronics and communication in madurai kamaraj university in
correspondence course. can elegible for ies exam.
21st February 2013, 10:36 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible for me to crack IES in Mech within 4 months. I am an average student and I have pass out last year.
24th December 2014, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

iam working at govt job , appeared ies twice not yet even qualified, i have 5 months time, is enough !
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?