15th December 2011, 07:35 PM
annauniversity

Can a student get a job in Top Software Company with low CGPA and history of arrears?

can a student get job in a top software company having low cgpa and history of arrears...?

16th August 2012, 10:48 PM
Sammy11
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can a student get a job in Top Software Company with low CGPA and history of arrears?

Hi dear..

Well your CGPA could be low, but you at least need a minimum CGPA for 6.6 for average companies like Wipro, HCL, Dell, Infosys etc.

For getting into best IT companies like Google , Facebook, Oracle etc. a minimum 8.4 CGPA is required.

All the other companies mostly demand a CGPA for 6.4 or above , and if you clear their paper, you'll get the job !!

All the best..!!

Regards
Sammy
16th August 2012, 10:56 PM
ad55

Default Re: Can a student get a job in Top Software Company with low CGPA and history of arrears?

It would be very difficult for you to get a job in top company but if you can clear the placement exam then you might have a chance to get a job with good company
4th February 2013, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

i am doing my mba 1st year. i have 2 arrears will i be able to sit for placements if i clear alll these papers????????????
15th June 2013, 10:55 AM
Unregistered

I am doing my final year B.E(ECE).I have 1 arrear(engineering graphics).Will I be able to get placed in an IT company?
15th June 2013, 10:59 AM
Unregistered

I am doing my final year B.E(ECE).i have arrear in engineering graphics which is totally unrelated to ECE.will i be able to get placed in an IT company?
15th July 2013, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

i am having 5 paper arrears but my cgpa is 4.6 will get job any good companies?
15th September 2013, 07:35 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to get into IT companies like Wipro, Dell, HCL, Thesis, CTS, Infosys If they have history of arrears. If so how many arrears is allowed.
20th June 2015, 04:03 PM
Unregistered

I am first year ECE student I have 3 arrears can I get job in Google Facebook etc
26th July 2015, 11:56 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am doing my final year B.E(ECE).I have 1 arrear(engineering graphics).Will I be able to get placed in an IT company?
Well I am in your shoes currently. I completed my back logs after two years from the year I graduated. I completed my B.TECH in 2011.and cleared my arrears in 2013. To add to my grieviance MY Degree certificate clearly mentions the year(Dec 2013) that I wrote my last exam and mentions underneath it that I had passed my 8th sem in 2011. I was selected by TCS after 3 rounds of interview and later REJECTED by the same, citing that my experience count would be from the year that I cleared my arrears(sic).
So guys in TCS u WILL be rejected!!!
27th July 2015, 10:56 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

You need minimum 6.4 or 6.6 CGPA for companies like Infosys, Dell, Wipro etc.
Some of the best IT Companies like Google, Facebook etc. demands atleast 8.5 CGPA. For getting better jobs you have to fulfill all their requirements.
30th August 2015, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

I have good grades of 80 percent aggregate in 10 and 12 and in college I have cgpa of 7 with one history of arrear!! Will I able to get a placement on out of campus??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?