13th March 2018, 10:12 PM
Unregistered

Can we apply for both NET and SET together in the same year?

Are there any restriction in applying for both National Eligibility Test and State Eligibility Test at the same time in same year? Can we apply and sit for both the exams in the same year?

27th March 2018, 08:29 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can we apply for both NET and SET together in the same year?

There is no such restriction. You can apply for both State Eligibility Test and National Eligibility Test.

Eligibility criteria for NET and SET exam:

1. You must be post graduate. Final year post graduation candidate can also apply for examination.

2. You should have at least 55% marks in master's degree.

There is no upper age limit for Lectureship.
27th March 2018, 11:29 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that NET refers to National Eligibility Test while SET refers to State Eligibility Test and both of these examinations are two independent examinations held by concerned bodies for recruitment of assistant professor or JRFs in centrally funded and state government funded universities respectively.

As far as you are concerned about your possibility to appear in NET and SET in same year then I would like to let you know that as mentioned above both the examinations are independent and hence you can certainly appear in both of these examinations in the same year provided you satisfy their eligibility criteria.
28th March 2018, 01:30 AM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. It is conducted for college lectureship. If you want to become lecturer in central government college then it is necessary to pass the National Eligibility Test.

SET stands for State Eligibility Test, it is same as the NET. The only difference is that SET is conducted by each state of India. For example the state of Gujarat conducts Gujarat SET entrance exam. Once you cleared that, you will get lecturer job in Gujarat government college.

The criteria for both the exam is same. The University Grants Commission which conducts NET exam, has decided the criteria. Although state level exam is conducted by the State Education Board, it is necessary to meet the criteria decided by the UGC.

You must have completed the Master's Degree to appear for these exams. The NET exam is conducted two times in a year. Firstly it is conducted in JUNE and second it is conducted in December. While SET varies from state to state. Some states like Maharashtra conducts the exam twice on the other hand states like Gujarat conducts it once.

No, there is no restriction in applying for both NET and SET at the time in same year. You can apply and sit for both the exams in the same year.
7th October 2020, 06:12 PM
Unregistered

I have done my Mechanical Engineering in Karnataka. I am currently in the final year of Mtech. Can Iapply for SET/NET for the exam to be held in 2021? Kindly help with correct info
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?