11th December 2010, 01:50 AM
argmsf

Completed AMIIM course in Metullargy with 55% marks : Am I eligible for GATE exam?

I have completed AMIIM (associate member of Indian institute of metal) which is equivalent to b tech in metallurgy, with 55% in aggregate marks. I want to give gate exam to read m tech with metallurgy. Am i eligible?

12th December 2010, 02:58 PM
ramakant sharma

Smile Re: Completed AMIIM course in Metullargy with 55% marks : Am I eligible for GATE exam?

hello dear

As per the gate eligibility criteria a candidate having equivalent qualification of b tech than he / she is eligible for gate exam so as per criteria you are eligible to apply for the exam.

all the best
16th December 2010, 02:55 AM
argmsf

Default Re: Completed AMIIM course in Metullargy with 55% marks : Am I eligible for GATE exam?

Thank you sir for your kind help. one more question i have. is there any marks barrier in b tech to get admission for m tech course in individual institute.
25th January 2011, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Completed AMIIM course in Metullargy with 55% marks : Am I eligible for GATE exam?

i have passed plus2.now i am employee in a public sector steel plant as a technician. Can i join btech. In AMIIM.
23rd May 2011, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

ARE THERE ANYCOACHING CENTRES FOR AMIIM from the Indian Institute of Metals
22nd June 2011, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

i compieted diplomo in metallurgy,i will stud amiim is possible
7th August 2011, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

Jeeva : Hi friends.. Its me jeeva from chennai.. i have joined AMIIM Metallurgy engg after completing my M.Sc Chemistry.. I need the info about study materials.. Kindly provide details about study materials and where i can get?.. If any one knows please mail me at [email protected].. Thanks
29th August 2011, 08:49 PM
argmsf

Hello jeeva. you can get only syllabus and previous year's question papers from your IIM chapter. They have not any study materials. you have to read the suggested books of their given syllabus. Best of luck.
19th October 2011, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,
I have completed AMIIM with 55% marks with great effort,but in industry it is not recognized as equivalent to B.E.Metallurgy, so Iam feeling now my efforts are of no use.

is there any announcement or any government order showing that AMIIM IS EQUIVALENT TO METALLURGY
30th October 2011, 06:41 PM
Unregistered

I am a student member of IIM and pursuing AMIIM. Can some one guide for coaching classes who can help in preparation??
12th November 2011, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

Hai i am rambabu from hyderabad .i have completed diploma in metallurgy . I applied for amiim.in part A exemption given for physics,chemistry,maths,drawing and basic metallurgy with 40%marks secured in diploma.my question is the aggrigate including practicals marks or not.
12th November 2011, 08:19 PM
Unregistered

Hai i am rambabu from hyderabad .i have completed diploma in metallurgy . I applied for amiim.in part A exemption given for physics,chemistry,maths,drawing and basic metallurgy with 40%marks secured in diploma.my question is the aggrigate including practicals marks or not.
13th November 2011, 02:07 PM
Shankar, D.Met

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir,
I have completed AMIIM with 55% marks with great effort,but in industry it is not recognized as equivalent to B.E.Metallurgy, so Iam feeling now my efforts are of no use.

is there any announcement or any government order showing that AMIIM IS EQUIVALENT TO METALLURGY
Hi...

AMIIM is approved by Ministry of Education & UPSC, based on this already completed members appeard/completed M.E /M.Tech and working in the Institutes (Ex. NIT, Trichy). Please ask IIM centre itself if you need any futher clarification.
25th November 2011, 10:45 PM
Unregistered

Sir,i sent RS.1625/ DD along with my certificates. Till to day i have not received any information regarding membership as well as syllabus curriculam.
6th December 2011, 01:49 AM
Unregistered

I have passed section A papers in AMIIM..Am I eligible to attain gate exam.?
29th December 2011, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

Jeeva : Hello sir... I want some clarification about Exams and paper validation. Exam is easy or very tough? and paper correction is liberal or strict?.. Please reply
29th December 2011, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

Sir Im completed diploma in metallurgy with 62% . And one year industrial experience but in first year chemistry &physics subjects below than 40 marks Im elshible for a IIM exam ?
13th February 2012, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

if AMIIM is eligible to get working visa at kuwait? . I have applied AMIIM as equalivalent to B tech metallurgy. please send me detail
17th February 2012, 06:12 PM
Unregistered

I have completed AMIIM, can I go to Kuwait with technical qualification by using of AMIIM certificate
17th February 2012, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

I have completed AMIIM. Can I go to Kuwait with technical eudcation by using of AMIIM certificate
25th March 2012, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed AMIIM. Can I go to Kuwait with technical eudcation by using of AMIIM certificate
Hi

You can work any where in the middle east, provided get a certificate from IIM head office, Saying that Equivavalent to Bachelor of Engineering in Metallurgy and to be addressed in Indian Embassy by kuwait or others

Regards,
RaviQ8
31st March 2012, 05:38 AM
Unregistered

hello ,

please any 1 can suggest me the books to refer for part 1 exams....

Did any is having question papers set of part 1 and can scan me on ([email protected])
29th May 2012, 02:34 AM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,
Now i am member of AMIIM, I want to know about the study material available for part -1 on this organization or not.
([email protected])
19th September 2013, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

Is thr any rikognision issu for amiim
29th September 2013, 09:39 PM
Unregistered

I have complete AMIIM with 55% marks in metallurgy.Im I appearing Gate for m.tech
2nd October 2013, 11:32 PM
mayabhai2012

metallurgy me koi future nahi h Please dont take metallurgy
26th November 2013, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

Is AMIIM eligible for IAS EXAMS.................?
24th January 2014, 04:14 PM
Unregistered

sir
i hv completed section A with 7.25 CGPA.
so ,how to calculate %age of above section.
pls replyyyyyyyy
28th February 2014, 08:24 PM
Unregistered

In industry those who have passed from AMIIM will be treated equaly as b.tech in metallurgy.And please inform me about any
coaching institute in west bengal.
8th March 2014, 09:36 PM
Unregistered

hi. Myself bikram from odisa. Thier is a confusion that. I was a student of metallurgy(diploma). Wht is best to do in corespondense AMIE or IIM. plz suggest.
16th April 2014, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

i am a btech graduate (mech)having 6years exp now i want to pusrsue metallury engg from AMIIM.should i hav to appear PART A exam also,apart from part b??plz revert
16th April 2014, 06:04 PM
Unregistered

shantanu: if any one who needs coaching for AMIIM exam please contact with me by sending a mail @: [email protected]
28th August 2014, 11:04 AM
Unregistered

For part -1 exam, how many years require to be completed the all papers.

S.Dutta(Cooch Behar)
8th June 2015, 03:27 PM
Unregistered

I have some notes of part-I and Part-II of AMIIM.But who will pay money will give them.Contact.me:07873260109.I have complet AMIIM with Gpa 7.5.
5th December 2015, 07:41 AM
Unregistered

Respected sir,
I am already got student membership in IIM but jam unable to attend the exam since 2 years now I want to continue. So send me the details that what can I do to continue. Is there any renewal process for membership. Please send me details. [email protected] is my id.

Thank you sir.
15th March 2016, 11:57 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir ,
I am pankaj sinha and I am complete diploma in metallurgical eng.sir I want to join AMIIM ,how to apply .plz reply sir
11th July 2017, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my AMIIM in the 2007. Further, I did M.S from Anna university and then Ph.D fro Homi Bhabha National Institute. There was some issues on recognition, but I could succeed.
19th July 2017, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am diploma in metallurgy after matriculation, now i am working in a private industry, & I have 1 year experience in industry,, sir may i eligible to do btech from iim,, sir i m very confused,, please help me,, my id [email protected].
Thanks sir
15th March 2020, 03:31 AM
Unregistered

can anyone help for amiim exam its study material any coaching institute offfline or online preparation
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?