14th August 2016, 04:33 PM
Akshay.SA

Diploma holder can get admission in IIT or NIT for first year of Engineering through JEE Main?

Hello sir, This is Akshay recently I have completed my diploma in mechanical engineering. Can I get admission in IIT or NIT colleges for first year CS engineering through jee main exam? Please give me reply.

22nd August 2016, 12:24 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Default Re: Diploma holder can get admission in IIT or NIT for first year of Engineering through JEE Main?

Yes, definitely.
See, you need to understand two things.

1) If you do diploma and then want to pursue engineering with the same branch then you are admitted to the 2nd year of the 4 year B.tech course.

2) And when you take admission in some other branch then you have to do the complete engineering i.e. from the 1st year itself.

Your case is the 2nd one and hence you are definitely eligible for NIT or the IIT if you clear their entrance exams and then based on your score, rank and preference you will be allotted the seat.
17th June 2017, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Diploma holder can get admission in IIT or NIT for first year of Engineering through JEE Main?

I completed my diploma in mechanical engineering with 79%. Can I get admission in 2nd year in IIT or NIT college without 12th PCM .if no , than can i get admission in first year.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?