11th January 2016, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

Education and rank required to become an IPS Officer?

I want to become an ips officer after ssc. What type of education should I do for becoming an ips officer and what rank should I get in all exams?

11th January 2016, 07:22 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Education and rank required to become an IPS Officer?

IPS stands for Indian Police Service and to become an I.P.S Officer candidates have to qualify in Civil Services examination.

Civil Services examination is conducted by UPSC every year and to appear for examination required qualification is graduation from a recognised university and age between 21-32 years with relaxation in age category for reserved category.

The examination is conducted in three stages and it is necessary to qualify in all stages for final selection for the service. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
11th January 2016, 08:26 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. This service comes under Civil Services. UPSC conducts Civil Services examination for different services like IAS, IPS, IRS etc. For this exam, minimum of bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Those candidates who is in final year of bachelor's degree can also apply for exam. As you have completed only SSC , a long way to go for Civil Services examination. You need to crack all stages of Civil Services exam like Preliminary, Mains and interview.

Top rankers of exam are alloted IPS. You must be among top 200-300 when you appear for this exam in order to be selected as IPS officer. At this level, you need to build strong fundamentals such reading NCERT science and social science books, make a habit of reading newspapers etc.
11th January 2016, 08:39 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

It's very good that you have a career planning to become IPS. For that , You will have to complete graduation in any discipline. You will also require to prepare for IPS while graduation.

Eligibility

Education Qualification
You must have passed bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized board.

Age Limit
Your age must be between 21-32 years.

Maximum Attemps
General - 6
OBC -9
SC/ST - No Limits

Exam Pattern

Preliminary Exam
It comprises of two papers each having 200 marks

Main Exam
Paper A : 300 Marks from a selected subject by candidate
Paper-B : English 300 Marks Papers to be counted for merit

- Paper-I : Essay (250 Marks)
- Paper-II : General Studies-I (250 Marks)
- Paper-III : General Studies-II (250Marks)
- Paper-IV : General Studies -III (250 Marks)
- Paper-V : General Studies -IV (250 Marks)
- Paper-VI : Optional Subject - 1 (250 Marks)
- Paper-VII : Optional Subject - 2 (250 Marks)
- Sub Total - 1750 Marks

Personality Test - 275 Marks

Important Dates 2016
- Starting Online Application : 23th April , 2016
- Last Date to Apply : 20th May , 2016
- Preliminary Exam : 7th August , 2016
- Main Exam : 3rd December , 2016
11th January 2016, 09:14 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to become an ips officer after ssc. What type of education should I do for becoming an ips officer and what rank should I get in all exams?
If you have completed graduation degree then you are eligible for IPS officer exam.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. IPS exam is conducted by UPSC through civil service exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 32 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Number of Attempts:-

For open category:- 5 attempts
For OBC category:- 7 attempts
For ST/SC category:- Unlimited

Physical fitness criteria for IPS exam:-

Height

For Men : 165 cm(AROUND)
For Women :150 cm(AROUND)

OBC /SC/ST :

Male:160 cm and female :145 cm

Chest

Male candidates-84 (+ 5cm).

Female candidates-79cm(+ 5cm).

Eye Sight

For Worse Eye :6/12 or 6/9 distant vision
For good Eye :6/6 or 6/9 distant vision
11th January 2016, 09:36 PM
pabolu srivalli

Thumbs up Re: Education and rank required to become an IPS Officer?

IPS is the Indian Police Services examination which is conducted for the recruitment of candidates under the civil services of India,and this selection process and every thing will be conducted through the UPSC board which is the Union Public Services Commission and it conducts the recruitment for various in civil services all over the India

In order to appear for the IPS selections you must possess at least degree or bachelor in any of the discipline of study and then appear for the IPS recruitment

There are no particular education qualifications which needs to be satisfied in order to appear for the IPS and any graduate with at least 55% of the marks can appear for the IPS selections with in 30 years of age limit

The selection process will be done in three levels of examinations such as the
  • Preliminary Examination
  • Mains examination
  • Interview

These are the three levels of examinations which will be conducted for the recruitment in order to select the candidates in the IPS or IAS officers.
11th January 2016, 10:40 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

It is necessary to qualify in Civil Services examination conducted by UPSC for selection of candidates as IAS, IPS etc..

To appear for Civil Services examination minimum required qualification is graduation from a recognised university.

Also candidates have to qualify in all stages of examination to get the job and rank must be between 1-500. The information about examination is available at www.upsc.gov.in.
12th January 2016, 01:18 AM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

IPS(Indian Police Service)exam conducted by UPSC for the different posts in Indian Civil Services.

To apply for IPS exam candidate must have graduate degree in any discipline from any university recognised by government.

Age Limit- Minimum age limit is 21 year .

Maximum age for a General candidate is 32 years.

Maximum age for a OBC candidate is 35 years.

Maximum age for a SC/ST candidate is 37 years.

Physically handicapped- Maximum age for a candidate is 42,45 and 47 years for general, OBC, SC/ST respectively.

No. of Attempts-

GEN- 4 times
OBCs- 7 times
SC/ST- No limit

IPS exam consist of total nine papers which are based on different topics. These are as follows-

Paper I- General Studies
Paper II- Language Exam
Paper III- General English
Paper IV- Essay
Paper V, VI, VII, VIII and IX- Optional Subjects.

Selection Procedure-

CSAT(Civil Service Aptitude Test)
Civil Service Main Exam
Interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?