10th February 2010, 05:42 PM
k firdos begum

Eligibility for engineering service examination?

respected sir

i am 23yrs old ,completed my B.E (engineering) in biotechnology from visveswariah technological university,belgaum (VTU).

1.am i eligible to write "ENGINEERING SERVICE EXAMINATION" exam?

11th February 2010, 03:16 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for engineering service examination?

candidate for this examination must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on the 1st August, 2010 i.e. he must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1980 and not later than 1st August, 1989.
14th February 2010, 01:53 AM
pradeep.g.u
Senior Member+

eligibility for engineering service examination is you should be an engineering graduate
16th February 2010, 05:13 PM
rrmohantysmile
Senior Member+

hey you can check the following links given below to know what all is exactly needed to be eligible for ESE...
www.webindia123.com/career/compexam/eng/eligi.htm
www.upscexam.com/...examinations/...engineering_services.../Engineering-Services-Examination-Eligibility.html
hope you follow the links and get what you want at just one step.. bbye take care nad all the best to you for ESE ...good luck
18th February 2010, 06:53 AM
princearyan
Senior Member+

i think you are not eligible for I E S exams
because here only 4 deparments have chance
to appear in this exam
ME,CIVIL,ECE,EE
and age limit is in between 21to 30
by the way you go through this website
www.upscexam.com/...examinations/...engineering_services.../Engineering-Services-Examination-Eligibility.html
good luck...
18th February 2010, 05:34 PM
atanu
Senior Member++

yes,, you are eligible for the exam of engineering services
and age is minor factor mainly you should have completed your engineering
before the results of exam.............
18th February 2010, 06:40 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

candidate for this examination must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on the 1st August, 2010 i.e. he must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1980 and not later than 1st August, 1989.
16th March 2010, 09:25 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

A candidate for this examination must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on the 1st August, 2004 i.e. he must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1974 and not later than 1st August, 1983.
24th March 2010, 04:58 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

dear friend
yes you are eligible for for engineering service examination.
the age limit is 21 to 30 years.
for more detail you can visit the official website.
all the best.
14th June 2010, 08:59 PM
drdo99
Banned

The eligibility is only a engg. Pass out from 4 departments:
1. Ete
2. Civil
3. Electrical
4. mechanical
The divison of the syllabus for paer 1 & 2 has been given like this:

1. Materials and Components :
Structure and properties of Electrical Engineering materials; Conductors, Semiconductors and Insulators, magnetic, Ferroelectric, Piezoelectric, Ceramic, Optical and Super-conducting materials. Passive components and characteristics Resistors, Capacitors and Inductors; Ferrites, Quartz crystal Ceramic resonators, Electromagnetic and Electromechanical components.

2. Physical Electronics, Electron Devices and ICs:
Electrons and holes in semiconductors, Carrier Statistics, Mechanism of current flow in a semiconductor, Hall effect; Junction theory; Different types of diodes and their characteristics; Bipolar Junction transistor; Field effect transistors; Power switching devices like SCRs, GTOs, power MOSFETS; Basics of ICs - bipolar, MOS and CMOS types; basic of Opto Electronics.

3. Signals and Systems
Classification of signals and systems: System modelling in terms of differential and difference equations; State variable representation; Fourier series; Fourier transforms and their application to system analysis; Laplace transforms and their application to system analysis; Convolution and superposition integrals and their applications; Z-transforms and their applications to the analysis and characterisation of discrete time systems; Random signals and probability, Correlation functions; Spectral density; Response of linear system to random inputs.

4. Network theory
Network analysis techniques; Network theorems, transient response, steady state sinusoidal response; Network graphs and their applications in network analysis; Tellegen's theorem. Two port networks; Z, Y, h and transmission parameters. Combination of two ports, analysis of common two ports. Network functions : parts of network functions, obtaining a network function from a given part. Transmission criteria : delay and rise time, Elmore's and other definitions effect of cascading. Elements of network synthesis.

5. Electromagnetic Theory
Analysis of electrostatic and magnetostatic fields; Laplace's and Poisson's equations; Boundary value problems and their solutions; Maxwell's equations; application to wave propagation in bounded and unbounded media; Transmission lines : basic theory, standing waves, matching applications, microstrip lines; Basics of wave guides and resonators; Elements of antenna theory.

6. Electronic Measurements and instrumentation
Basic concepts, standards and error analysis; Measurements of basic electrical quantities and parameters; Electronic measuring instruments and their principles of working : analog and digital, comparison, characteristics, application. Transducers; Electronic measurements of non electrical quantities like temperature, pressure, humidity etc; basics of telemetry for industrial use.

ELECTRONICS & TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING PAPER - II
(For both objective and conventional type papers)

1. Analog Electronic Circuits :
Transistor biasing and stabilization. Small signal analysis. Power amplifiers. Frequency response. Wide banding techniques. Feedback amplifiers. Tuned amplifiers. Oscillators. Rectifiers and power supplies. Op Amp, PLL, other linear integrated circuits and applications. Pulse shaping circuits and waveform generators.

2. Digital Electronic Circuits :
Transistor as a switching element; Boolean algebra, simplification of Boolean functions, Karnaguh map and applications; IC Logic gates and their characteristics; IC logic families : DTL, TTL, ECL, NMOS, PMOS and CMOS gates and their comparison; Combinational logic Circuits; Half adder, Full adder; Digital comparator; Multiplexer Demulti-plexer; ROM an their applications. Flip flops. R-S, J-K, D and T flip-flops; Different types of counters and registers Waveform generators. A/D and D/A converters. Semiconductor memories.

3. Control Systems :
Transient and steady state response of control systems; Effect of feedback on stability and sensitivity; Root locus techniques; Frequency response analysis. Concepts of gain and phase margins: Constant-M and Constant-N Nichol's Chart; Approximation of transient response from Constant-N Nichol's Chart; Approximation of transient response from closed loop frequency response; Design of Control Systems, Compensators; Industrial controllers.

4. Communication Systems :
Basic information theory; Modulation and detection in analogue and digital systems; Sampling and data reconstructions; Quantization & coding; Time division and frequency division multiplexing; Equalization; Optical Communication : in free space & fiber optic; Propagation of signals at HF, VHF, UHF and microwave frequency; Satellite Communication.

5. Microwave Engineering :
Microwave Tubes and solid state devices, Microwave generation and amplifiers, Waveguides and other Microwave Components and Circuits, Microstrip circuits, Microwave Antennas, Microwave Measurements, Masers, lasers; Microwave propagation.
Microwave Communication Systems terrestrial and Satellite based.

6. Computer Engineering :
Number Systems. Data representation; Programming; Elements of a high level programming language PASCAL/C; Use of basic data structures; Fundamentals of computer architecture; Processor design; Control unit design; Memory organisation, I/o System Organisation. Microprocessors : Architecture and instruction set of Microprocessors 8085 and 8086, Assembly language Programming. Microprocessor Based system design : typical examples. Personal computers and their typical uses.
11th August 2010, 08:14 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

I think that you are eligible to apply for IES or Indian Engineering Services exam conducted by the UPSC.

As you have done your graduation in Biotechnology,you are eligible for this exam..

Because as per the eligibility of IES exam candidates must be a graduate in engineering from a recognized university.

All the best!
12th August 2010, 01:21 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello friend

see, the Eligibility criteria for engineering service examination is given below

1.minimum graduation in engineering with 60% aggregade.

2.age limit 21-29 year.

if you have all of those criteria then you can appear UPSC exam.through the exam you can crack IES exam.

all the best.......
12th August 2010, 05:18 PM
amit1057
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
Eligibility for engineering service examination :-

A candidate for this examination must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years .

more information regarding for Eligibility visit the official website.
www.upscexam.com
All the best!
13th August 2010, 12:19 AM
ravi k
Senior Member+

dear frnd,

i am sorry.

you are not eligible for IES.

go for other fields.

ALL THE BEST.
13th August 2010, 01:17 AM
happy to help

Age: A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on the first day of August of the year in which the Examination is being held. The upper age may be relaxed in respect of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes and such other categories of persons as may from time to time be notified in this behalf by the Government of India, to the extent and subject to conditions notified in respect of each category. The upper age is also relaxable upto 35 years for departmental candidates.

Educational Qualification:
(i) Degree in Engineering from a University or
(ii) Pass in A and B of the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers (India); or
(iii) Degree/diploma in Engineering from such foreign University/College/Institution or
(iv) Pass in Graduate Membership Examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunications Engineers (India); or
(v) Pass in Associate Membership Examination Part II and III/Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India or
(vi) Pass in Associate Membership Examination (Sections A and B) of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (India) or
(vii) Pass in Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November, 1959
Provided that a candidate for the posts of Engineer, Group 'A', in Wireless Planning and Coordination Wing/Monitoring Organization, Ministry of Communications, Indian Broadcasting (Engineers) Service and Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics Engineering Posts) may possess any of the above qualifications or the qualification mentioned below, namely,
M.Sc. Degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject.

BEST OF LUCK
13th August 2010, 02:16 AM
Sathishkannan

For the engineering service exam one engineering is enough since you are engineering degree holder you are eligible the thing you have to do is you have to prepare for the exam.
13th August 2010, 02:17 AM
satish shrivastav

Hi
to know the eligibility criteria for IES you should visit www.upscexam.com
13th August 2010, 05:24 AM
Rickers

Hello,

The basic requirement is a candidate must have complete his/her B.Tech graduation from reputed college.
All branches are excluding computer sc./IT are eligible for IES.
The age must be within 21-30. not exceeds 30.

Thank you!!!!!!
13th August 2010, 05:31 PM
bholag

dear friend,
Eligibility for engineering service examination is that your age must be within 21-30 years.
And the exam is conducted by UPSC.
For more details visit:
www.upsc.gov.in
13th August 2010, 06:18 PM
August
Senior Member+

dear friend

the eligibility for IES is that u have to be a engineering graduate from any AICTE approved university. your age is also between 21 to 30.

so u are eligible for it.

all the best.
15th August 2010, 09:40 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,
If you want to get the knowledge about the Eligibility for engineering service examination,
Then no need to worry ,you can get the information for the Eligibility for engineering service examination
On the following websites.http://www.upsc.gov.in
Just go and get the all the inform
18th August 2010, 04:45 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

The eligibility criteria for engineering service exam is only u have to complete ur graduation in engineering field.. After completion of ur graduation u can go for engineering service exam.

all the best.
15th January 2011, 03:30 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Hello dear,
To appear for this exam you have to be a graduate and 21-30 yrs old.
16th January 2011, 12:08 AM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

Hi friend,
Sorry, you are not able for this exam.
5th February 2011, 11:26 PM
Unregistered

can i appear in this exam with cse dept???????????
9th February 2011, 07:20 PM
Unregistered

hi.. can i appear in Engineering service exam.. im from Cse department
15th May 2011, 12:14 AM
sandya nandini

sir if in acdemics getting arrear and then after getting those cleared also...we shall be eligible for IES exams ???????shall we sir
15th May 2011, 12:18 AM
sandya nandini

hi...sir after clearing the arrears in academics,will i be eligible to attend IES exams.???
20th May 2011, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

age 23,i have passed in electronics communication engineering in anna univercity trichy, am i eligible civil service IAS exam? how to apply?
11th January 2012, 10:01 AM
Unregistered

i am doing final year B.E in Biommedical engg. Can i write the engineering service exam?
21st March 2012, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

i completed B.Tech IT ME VLSI wat kiind of government jobs will i get
24th March 2012, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

my birth date 04.03.1991. i am eligible to will write ies exam 2012
17th June 2012, 12:09 AM
Unregistered

i have completed my BE but i have not yet received the mark sheet and i have arriears in the seventh sem . Am i eligible
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?