5th June 2015, 11:01 PM
Unregistered

How many times do I have to face IES exam?

How many times I have to face the ies exam

6th June 2015, 10:33 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many times do I have to face IES exam?

IES stands for Indian Engineering Service and the same examination is held by Union Public Service Commission once every year.

The minimum eligibility criteria for this examination are as here under :-

* You must be an Indian resident.

* Your age must be within 21 years to 32 years. Also there is the provision of age relaxation for other categories as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your bachelor of engineering course from a recognized university.

The examination is held in three stages which are as Preliminary test, Mains and Personal interview all conducted in order.

There is no limit of number of attempts provided for cracking this examination unless and until your qualification satisfies the eligibility criteria mentioned above.

For more detailed information regarding the same examination log on the link www.upsc.gov.in.
6th June 2015, 11:22 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

IES stands for the Indian Engineering Services. The exam is conducted by the Union Public service commission every year.

Any candidate who has done his bachelor's degree in engineering can apply for the exam.

The age limit for the general candidates is 21-30 years. For OBC candidate, there is an upper age relaxation of three years and for SC/ST candidates there is upper age relaxation of 5 years.

There is no limit on number of attempts for candidates of any category in IES. You can appear till your upper age limit.

There is no such restriction, about number of times, once you clear all the stages of this exam, you need not appear again.
6th June 2015, 01:09 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Very often, students ask this question about prestigious exams like
- IAS
- IES
- IFS
- SSC

and every time the answer that i give to them is "only once". You just need to crack once these exams. Though these exams give you chance to re-appear more than once but the ultimate aim should be to clear such exams in the 1st go itself.

Now, to answer your question directly. There is no limit for appearing in the IES exam as there is limit in the IAS exam.

You can appear any number of times.

Also, you should always try that whenever you plan to give this exam your preparation should be of ultimate level because this exam will test you in each and every of your concept.

Do prepare for the interview also while doing your preparation for the written. it will not only make your concepts strong but will also help you in dealing with the questions with a better clarity.
6th June 2015, 03:28 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

IES stands for Indian Engineering Service and the IES examination is held by Union Public Service Commission once every year.

No there is no limit of attempts provided for cracking the same examination it depends upon your qualification and required eligibility criteria for the same .

The qualification required for appearing in this examination are as :-

You must have the nationality of India.

Your age must not be below 21 years and must not exceed 32 years too. Age relaxation is provided for the categories other than general as per the government norms.

You must have a bachelor degree with any engineering course from a recognized university.

You must be physically and mentally fit as per the service requirement.

The examination is held in three phases which as Preliminary test , Mains and Personal interview respectively.

For more queries about the same examination refer to the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
6th June 2015, 03:44 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How many times I have to face the ies exam
There is no attempts limit for IES exam.

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination.

If you have completed bachelor engineering degree course then you are eligible to apply for IES Examination but your written exam subjects are -CIVIL, MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL, ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING. You can choose any one subject from above mentioned subject. M.Sc Degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering are also eligible for IES Exam. Final year student are also eligible for IES exam.

The applicant age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

SC/ST = 5 years
OBC =3 years
PWD =10 years
Ex-Servicemen = 5 years
6th June 2015, 05:19 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

IES exam stands for Indian Engineering Service exam which is conducted through UPSC every year , for this the candidates have to appear Civil Service Exam .

The eligibility criteria for this exam are as follows:

The candidates should be a graduate in engineering course i.e mechanical , Electricals , Electronics & Telecommunications etc..

The age limit is 21 - 30 years there is a age relaxation for reserved candidates.

The no of attempts.

General - 4
SC - No Limits
ST - No limits
OBC - 7

for more details visit website of upsc .. http://www.upsc.gov.in
6th June 2015, 05:22 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IES stands for the Indian Engineering Services. This entrance examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission every year.

From my point of view, it is the best UPSC entrance exam for the candidates having bachelor's degree in engineering. The entrance examination is conducted in four engineering streams:

>>Civil Engineering.

>>Mechanical Engineering.

>>Electronics and Communication Engineering.

>>Electrical Engineering.

Anyone who has done his bachelor's degree in engineering in any stream can apply for the IES exam.

The age limit for the general candidates is 21-30 years with three years and five years upper age relaxation to OBC and SC/ST respectively.

About number of attempts, there is no limit on number of attempts for candidates of any category.

Once you clear the all the stages of Engineering services exam which includes written test and personal interview, you need not face this exam again.

The important dates for the IES exam 2015 is already over. Now you need to wait for the 2016 notification for Engineering Services exam.

For any more details, you can visit the official website of UPSC that is www.upsc.gov.in.
6th June 2015, 09:28 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

IES exam:- aspirants can apply IES till it cross its age limit.

Age limit:- 21-30 years.

Number of attempts:-it varies from categories

1) 4 attempts for general category

2)7 attempts for obc category

3) no limits for sc/st category.

IES exam held once in a year,conduct by upsc.

IES exam held on 12th june 2015.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?