30th June 2012, 11:42 AM
nishant kamde

What can I do after geology to get a job?

i am doing b.sc in geology what can i do aftr geology from get job

16th August 2012, 08:24 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What can I do after geology to get a job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant kamde View Post
i am doing b.sc in geology what can i do aftr geology from get job

There are various Job opportunities in both Public and Private sectors for graduates in Geology. Careers exist in various organizations, such as government agencies, mining companies and environmental consulting. The Union Public Service Commission [UPSC] conducts examinations across the country to select a Geologist [Jr.], an assistant geologist in the geographical study of India and early hydro-geologist [Scientist B] in the Central Board of groundwater. Qualified candidates can also work with companies such as Oil and Natural Gas Corporation, Research and body mineral coal in India. The job prospects for geologists in the private sector is going to increase after the implementation of the New National Mineral Policy. The Secretary General of Federation of Indian Mineral Industries has stated that the shortage of geologists is not only in India but also world-wide. Hence there is good scope for geologists in the country as well as in other countries.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?