14th June 2018, 04:21 PM
Poojarai18

Having 4 years of degree in B.Com am I allowed to appear for IPS exam?

I completed my B.Com last year i.e in the year 2017. Due to health problem I have a year back so my graduation period is of 4 years. Am I eligible for applying in IPS exam?

15th June 2018, 01:15 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Having 4 years of degree in B.Com am I allowed to appear for IPS exam?

Yes, you are eligible to appear Civil Service Examination conducted by UPSC. The examination is conducted for recruitment as an I.A.S, I.P.S etc.

The eligibility to appear in examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit to appear in examination is 21-32 years.

Even candidates having backlogs in their academic course are eligible to appear in examination. But, it is compulsory to clear the backlogs before final recruitment.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th June 2018, 01:54 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Having 4 years of degree in B.Com am I allowed to appear for IPS exam?

If you have clearly passed your B.Com course and there is no any pending backlogs of yours in graduation course, then you are eligible for IPS Exam.

According to qualifying exam criteria for appearing in IPS Exam, the candidate must have passed graduation course or must be in final year of his/her graduation course.

As you have completed B.Com course with 4 years duration, so you are eligible to apply for IPS Exam (formally called Civil Services Exam).
15th June 2018, 02:56 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

First thing I would like to let you know that for becoming an IPS ( Indian Police Service ) officer you need to qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

The minimum education required for appearing in Civil Services examination is a bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized board. Students pursuing final year of their degree course are also eligible.

So, having completed your B.Com ( Bachelor of Commerce ) degree course in four years (i.e; having backlogs in your bachelor degree course ) you still are eligible for appearing in Civil Services examination as backlogs in academic degree is not considered for deciding the eligibility of candidates for appearing in Civil Services examination.

For more details regarding Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th June 2018, 02:57 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Services.

Union Public Service Commission conducts Civil Services examination for IAS, IPS, IRS etc.

Eligibility criteria:

Bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for exam. You can apply for Civil Services exam even if you have completed it in four years.

Age criteria for exam is 21-32 years.
15th June 2018, 03:12 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Services. IPS comes under Civil Services of India. Union Public Service Commission conducts Civil Services examination for selection of candidates to different All India Services and Central Services.

The academic qualification required to apply for this exam is bachelor's degree in any stream with passing percentage of marks. You can apply for exam after completing your Bachelor of Commerce in four years. The age limit is 21-32 years for general category candidates.
15th June 2018, 05:07 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Services.

The eligibility criteria for IPS exam:

Candidate should be graduate from a recognized university. Only passing percentage of marks is required in bachelor's degree to apply for exam.

Age criteria for IPS exam is 21-32 years. There is three years upper age relaxation for OBC and five years for SC/ST candidate.

You can apply for IPS exam even if you have completed bachelor's degree in four years.
15th June 2018, 05:21 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

In case of Union Public Service Commission, it does not matter in how many years you have completed your bachelor's degree. What matters is that you must have passed your bachelor's degree.

Academic qualification: Graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age criteria: 21-32 years for general category candidates.

You can apply for Civil Services examination without any doubt.
15th June 2018, 05:26 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

I.P.S stands for Indian Police Service and for selection as an officer candidates have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination which is conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university having backlogs during the course is not an issue to appear in examination.

The age limit is 21-32 years.

So, you can start preparation for examination and after qualifying in examination will become eligible for final selection.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th June 2018, 05:32 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to apply for IPS entrance exam.
Educational qualification should be graduation/Bachelor degree from a recognized university.
It is must to have a graduation degree. If you have completed it in 4 years then also you are allowed for this post.
15th June 2018, 07:27 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

The full form of IPS is Indian Police Services.

You can apply for Civil Services examination if you have completed your bachelor's degree in four years.

The requirement of this exam is that you must be a graduate from a recognized university. The minimum age is 21 years. You just need to have passing percentage of marks to apply for exam.
15th June 2018, 08:23 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

Yes, you can apply for I.P.S recruitment examination.

There is no issue of having backlogs if you have already cleared it.

To become an I.P.S Officer you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination which is conducted by UPSC.

Candidates with bachelor degree qualification and age limit 21-32 years are eligible to appear in examination.
15th June 2018, 08:59 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You have to appear and qualify in Civil Service Examination for recruitment as an I.P.S Officer.

The required qualification to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit is 21-32 years.

It is mandatory that candidates should have no backlogs while appearing for the interview of the examination for more details visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th June 2018, 09:00 PM
stutiswet2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poojarai18 View Post
I completed my B.Com last year i.e in the year 2017. Due to health problem I have a year back so my graduation period is of 4 years. Am I eligible for applying in IPS exam?
Yes, since you had completed your graduation in B.Com so you are eligible for applying in IPS exam. IPS exam is conducted by UPSC every year. You will need to qualify three stages i.e. Preliminary Exam, Main Exam and Personal Interview to crack IPS exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?