14th November 2011, 08:19 AM
Unregistered

How to become IAS Officer?

How to become an i a s officer
its my dream

14th November 2011, 01:52 PM
tejesh_09

Default Re: How to become IAS Officer?

IAS stands for IDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES conducted every year by UPSC through CIVIL SERVICES EXAMINATION which is a most prestigious service in India.

To became an IAS officer you have to appear for the Civil Service Examination and crack its selection procedure which is held in three phases:-

CSAT examination Preliminary
Written examination Main
Interview

Age limit:-

21 years to 30 years for general candidate. There is 5 years relaxation in upper age limit for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC candidate.

Educational Qualification:-

Any Indian citizen completing graduation in any discipline with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification.
14th November 2011, 03:18 PM
belide
Senior Member+++

If you want to become IAS you should attempt the entrance conducted by UPSC
you should qualify written test and them you will be getting a chance to attend an interview in which you should act smart..
if you does well in that interview you can become IAS

This is one of the way to become IAS. you can better know by visiting UPSC official site for other ways to become IAS.
All The Best!
14th November 2011, 05:29 PM
sumit525

To become an IAS officer one have to appear for exam conducted by UPSC every year. Eligibility criteria may be get on UPSC website.
14th November 2011, 05:37 PM
avinashkiitian
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How to become an i a s officer its my dream
IAS Exam Information.

IAS is stand for the Indian Administrative Service. IAS exam is also known as the Civil Services exam which is conducted by the UPSC in every year for the selection of the talented candidate as the post of IAS officer. This job is consider as the one of the most famous job of India. To appear in the IAS exam you need following eligibility criteria.
  • Educational Qualification = Graduation degree in any stream from a recognize University. The final year graduation students are also eligible to apply for the IAS exam.
  • Age = The age must be between 21 to 30 years for the general category candidates. The age relaxation is also applicable for the reservation category candidates.

The IAS examination is conducted in three step : (1) Preliminary examination (CLAT exam). (2) Main examination. (3) Personal Interview. The notification for the IAS exam is generally comes in the month of March or in April. After successful selection of the IAS examination you will be call for main examination and then for personal interview.

This is the basic information about the IAS examination. If you satisfy the above eligibility criteria then you are eligible for the IAS examination. The details information regarding IAS examination is available on the official website of UPSC. So, for any more information please visit the official website of UPSC :~ http://www.upsc.gov.in
15th November 2011, 01:56 AM
dr.shekhr

HI dear,

IAS stands for IDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES conducted every year by UPSC through CIVIL SERVICES EXAMINATION which is a most prestigious service in India.

To became an IAS officer you have to appear for the Civil Service Examination and crack its selection procedure which is held in three phases:-

Written examination Main
Interview

21 years to 30 years for general candidate. There is 5 years relaxation in upper age limit for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC candidate.

Any Indian citizen completing graduation in any discipline with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification.
Thnks
16th November 2011, 09:38 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
its my dream
HOW BECOME A IAS OFFICER

This exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year.

Those candidate are graduate from any recognized university with any discipline are eligible for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

Optional subjects for IAS main exam:

Economics , Electrical Engineering,Geography, Geology ,History, Law,Management,Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Science, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science and International Relations, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology,Statistics, Zoology, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Anthropology,Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce and Accountancy.

You can choose the subject in sense of your strength .

The IAS selection process is consist in three way

1)Preliminary exam
2)Main exam
3)Inter View.

EXAM DATE:-

Civil Services Preliminary Exam, 2012

Date of notification: 04-02-2012

Last Date for Receipt of Applications: 05-03-2012

Date of Exam: 20-05-2012

Civil Services Main Exam, 2012

Date of Commencement of Exam: 05-10-2012
30th November 2011, 10:52 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
its my dream
Nice to see that, you are Interested to become IAS Officer in Future. So, If you are Really Interested to become IAS Officer, then Here I am Provide you the complete Information about "How to become IAS Officer".

IAS Stands for Indian Administrative Service.

To become IAS Officer, You have to cracked the UPSC Civil services examination, This examination is Conducted by UPSC every year in two Stages, Preliminary examination and Main examination.

Firstly you have to cracked the Preliminary examination, This is the first stages and those who cracked this examination are eligible to Sit in Main examination, Preliminary examination are Objective and there are 2 Papers in this examination, the duration and marks are same for both papers.

Eligiblity Criteria :
---------------------------------------------------------

>> To apply for UPSC Civil services examination, you have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline form a recognised University.

>> Final year appearing candidates are also apply for this examination.

>> To apply for this examination, your age should between 21 to 30 Years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

>> There is no minimum percentage is required to apply for this examination.

So, If your graduation is complete and your age should not be more than 30 years, then you are eligible to apply for civil services examination.

About Notification :
----------------------------------------------------------

The Notification of Civil services examination will be published in the month of February every year.

The Notification will be Published in the employment Newspaper or in the UPSC Website, If you are Interested then please fill the application form Next year.

The Notification will be Published on 04/Feb/2012

The last date of apply for this examination 05/March/2012

Preliminary examination Date : 20/May/2012.

So, please wait for the Notification and then fill the application form Online.
30th November 2011, 11:00 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Indian Administration Service exam is held once in year, this exam is part of Civil service exam and exam is conducted by UPSC.

Eligibility criteria for IAS exam:
You should have complete graduation degree with any stream from a recognized university.
Age should be between 21 to 30 years for General category candidates,21to 33 year for OBC category candidates,21 to 35 years for SC/ST category candidates

Number of attempts:
4 attempts for General category candidates.
7 attempts for Obc category candidates
14 attempts for SC/ST category candidates.

If you fit with above mentioned criteria,then you can appear for this year IAS exam.
To become IAS officer,you should crack all three exam thatare
>>Preliminary Exam
>>Main Exam
>>Interview

Important dates for IAS-2012 exam:
Indian Administration Service(Preliminary exam) Notification for this year: Issue of application form from 4th Feb 2012 to 5th March 2012.
Exam will held on 20th May 2012.
Indian Administration Service (Main Exam) notification for this year:
Exam will held on 15th Oct 2012.

Here is the link,you can fill the application form online.

http://upsconline.nic.in/mainmenu2.php
30th November 2011, 11:05 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi Dear
IAS exam is not a child play game.
It is a exam for this all candidate wish to become a IAS officer in life.
Those student have concentrate prepare for this exam must be get this job.

For IAS criteria:-

*Candidate pass graduation in any stream
*Candidate should be an Indian
*Age- 21 to 30 years
5 years relaxation for OBC candidate
7 years relaxation for SC/ST candidate
* Maximum 4 times give by the general candidate
7 times for OBC candidate
No limits for SC/ST candidate

If you satisfy all these category then you give IAS exam.

This exam has 2 exam
*Priliminary exam
*Final exam
If you qualify final exam then candidate become IAS.

Good Luck...........
30th November 2011, 11:23 PM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
its my dream
Dear Friend,
You have not mentioned in which standard you are reading now. But don't take any tension I will provide you the necessary information.
The selection of IAS officer is done through the Civil Service examination conducted by the UPSC. The examination is conducted every year.
The eligibility criteria to appear in the IAS examination is that the candidate should be a graduate from a recognized institute and the age of the candidate should be between 21 years to 30 years.
Age relaxation of 3 years and 5 years are provided to the OBC and SC/ST candidates respectively.
So if you are a graduate then apply for the civil service examination.
Civil Service examination is conducted in three steps
  1. CSAT examination
  2. Main Examination and
  3. Interview
To become an IAS officer you have to clear all these examintion.
For more details you can log on to the official website of the UPSC.
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Best Wishes.....
30th November 2011, 11:41 PM
mahi 16

Indian Administration Service exam is held once in year, this exam is part of Civil service exam and exam is conducted by UPSC.

Eligibility criteria for IAS exam:
Candidate should have complete graduation degree with any stream from a recognized university.
Age should be between 21 to 30 years for General category candidates,21to 33 year for OBC category candidates,21 to 35 years for SC/ST category candidates

Number of attempts:
4 attempts for General category candidates.
7 attempts for Obc category candidates
14 attempts for SC/ST category candidates.

Important dates for IAS-2012 exam:
Indian Administration Service(Preliminary exam) Notification for this year: Issue of application form from 4th Feb 2012 to 5th March 2012.
Exam will held on 20th May 2012.
Indian Administration Service (Main Exam) notification for this year:
Exam will held on 15th Oct 2012.
1st December 2011, 12:23 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
its my dream
HI,
You become I.A.S officer after completing graduation.

I.A.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.
Eligibility criteria:-
>pass the graduation from recognized university with minimum 50% marks.
> Age limit:-
For open category:-21-30year
For OBC category :- 21-33year
For ST/SC category:-21-37 year
> Number of attempts:-
For open category:- 4
For ST/SC category:-7
> Must be citizen of India.

good luck!
1st December 2011, 12:53 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
To become an IAS officer you have to fulfill following eligibility criteria..

IAS exam is a civil service exam which is conducted by UPSC every year.

Eligibility for IAS exam:-

Educational qualification:-
Candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade..
Candidate must be a citizen of India.

Age eligibility:-
Age should be in between 21-30 years.
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years.
After fulfilling the eligibility criteria you can appear in IAS exam.
If you able to crack the exam then they will call you for the interview.
After cracking the interview you will get a chance to be an IAS officer.

All the best.
1st December 2011, 12:57 AM
gaurav2talk
Senior Member+

Eligibility Criteria For Ias critera
(i) Age limits :

21-30 years as on 1.7.2011
(ii) Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification.

(iii) No. of permissible attempts :

Four (Seven attemps of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs (Para 3 (iv) of Notice)

(iv) Fee :
Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only)
(No fee for SCs/STs/Physically disabled only)
1st December 2011, 10:27 AM
tejesh_09

IAS- INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE is a most prestigious civil service in India and is must dream for most young graduates, the examination conducted by UPSC every year in two phases:- Preliminary and Main exam followed by personal interview.

Any Indian citizen within a age group of 21 to 30 years having a graduation degree in any discipline can apply for this civil service examination. There is upper age limit relaxation for SC/ST candidate.

The IAS exam is not so easy to crack so if you are really interested then at least prepare the exam for one year before appearing for it. There are many coaching center all over India for preparation of IAS which you can obtained.
1st December 2011, 09:53 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my bsc nursing this year can i appear upsc exam to become IAS officer
28th March 2012, 01:48 AM
Unregistered

Guys plz tell me how much percentage i need to secure in class 12th to become an IAS...
11th April 2012, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

Will I take ComMaths Economics in class 11?By taking this stream I am able to do IAS?
14th April 2012, 07:46 PM
monisha_sarabhai

IAS (Indian Administrative Services) is basically for those who are firmly determined for dedication of themselves towards the own country.

If you are so interested for IAS,after being Engineers, Doctors, or Ph.d you can sit IAS exam conducted by UPSC.

Application forms will come out in the month of January.

According to the new exam pattern of the IAS exam

1) General-Studies paper which carries 150 marks

2) Optional paper which carries 150 marks.

Eligibility Criteria :-

1.Educational Qualification:To appear in IAS exam you should have a Graduation degree in any stream from a recognize University. If you are in final year you can also eligible to apply for the examination.

2.Age:The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of appearing of this examination. The age relaxation is also applicable for the candidates belong to reservation category.

No.Of Attemptes:

General Candidates - 4 Attempts

OBC Candidates - 7 Attempts

SC/ST Candidates - No Limits.

The General Studies paper and one Optional paper both the papers are the compulsory paper.

according to the list of optional paper are as:
1) Psychology

2) Commerce and Accountancy

3) History

4) Geography

5) Physics

6) Medical Science

7) Law

8) Mathematics

9) Mechanical Engineering

10) Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science

11) Public Administration

12) Agriculture

13) Sociology

14) Botany

15) Chemistry

16) Geology

17) Electrical Engineering

18) Civil Engineering

19) Economics

20) Philosophy

21) Zoology

22) Political Science

23) Statistics

for some questions or subjects follow the link:http://www.iupsc.com/label/ias/
2nd June 2012, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

how many honers paper should i take to prepare for IAS exam?
2nd June 2012, 03:07 PM
pravesh ankit

Quote:
its my dream
If you are interested in becoming an IAS officer, you probably know what the IAS is all about and why becoming an IAS officer is a very good career option. However, just incase you do not know, let us give you some quick information on IAS!
If you become an IAS officer, you become part of the Indian Administrative Service. You will be part of the Govt. You can work from “the inside” and change “the system”!!

If you have a dream for India, or if you, like us, believe that India will soon be a “super-power”. If you want to be part of the process of making India a great nation, IAS is for you! Being an IAS officer, there is a lot more power and control you have so that you can be part of Emerging India!

Besides that, IAS is a great career option! You get many “perks of the job” when you are an IAS officer. You will have “job security”, “discount on Govt. services”, “Govt. provided transportation” and many more things... Even though the monthly salary provided by the IAS career is not too high, the “perks” make up for the less salary!

However, getting into the IAS is not that easy! There is a very competitive “one year long” exam! To get into the IAS, you probably will have to try more than once before you succeed. And even if you clear the exam, then you have to get a very good score to qualify for the IAS! So, basically getting into the IAS is not that easy.
To get into the IAS, you will have to give the “UPSC held Civil Services Examination”. It is a common exam for getting into the IAS, IPS etc. To succeed in the “Civil Services Examination” you first need to understand how the examination is conducted or the “examination format”!
2nd June 2012, 03:10 PM
pravesh ankit

Smile Re: How to become IAS Officer?

Quote:
how many honers paper should i take to prepare for IAS exam?
IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service and to become IAS Officer you have to complete your Graduation degree course and then apply for UPSC Civil services examination. UPSC Conduct the Civil services examination every year and the examination is Conducted in 2 stages :

>> Preliminary examination
>> Main examination.

Firstly, you have to cracked the Preliminary examination and then you are eligible to appear for Main examination. Preliminary examination is Objective test and there are 2 papers in this examination and all are conducted in same day and all the examination will be of same marks.

In Main examination there are 9 papers and you have to choose the subjects in this examination on the basis of Graduation, the papers in Main examination are as follows :

>> 1 Essay type Indian Language Qualifying Paper (300 marks)
>> 1 English Qualifying Paper (300 marks)
>> 1 General Essay type paper (200 marks)
>> 2 General Studies papers (300 marks each)
>> 4 Optional subjects papers (300 marks each)

If you cracked the Main examination, then you are eligible to appear for Final Interview and then you will become IAS Officer.

IAS:Indian Administrative Service.UPSC will hold the IAS exam every year.

IAS exam is conducted in 2 stages

Preliminary exam.
Main exam.

After cracking the Preliminary exam you are eligible for main exam.

Eligibility:

Education qualifications;

You have to pass your graduation in any recognized university.

Age qualifications:

Your age should in between 21-30 years.
Upper age limit will be applicable for ST/SC/OBC candidates.

No.of Permissible attempts:

4 for General candidates.

7 for OBC
No limit for SC/ST's.

Nationality:Indian.

Fee:

Rs.100/- for General candidates.
No fee for ST/SC/OBC/Physically handicapped candidates.

Examination structure:

Preliminary examination(CPS):

CPS consists of 2 papers.The examination is a objective type papers.
The examination is conducted following subjects namely

Mathematics
English
General Ability..

Main Examination;

Who are clearing the preliminary examination those are called for main examination.

All d best..
2nd June 2012, 03:56 PM

IAS stands for INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES conducted every year by UPSC through CIVIL SERVICES EXAMINATION which is a most prestigious service in India.

Written examination Main
Interview

2nd June 2012, 04:38 PM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

Hi,

your desire to get in to civil services as an IAS officer is really appreciable

and yeah sure there are some eligibility parameters of the civil services examination which is conducted by UPSC

the eligibility criterion are

you should have any degree from any one of the indian university

and should full fil the age requirements of

min age limit of 21 years

max age limit of 30 years

and for all related further information and latest updates about this log in to the following web links

www.onestopias.com

www.upscportal.com

good luck
2nd June 2012, 04:42 PM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

Dear,

Information regarding the IAS examination:-

1.) The minimum educational qualification required is to be a graduate in any field.

2.) Age limitation is between 21-30 years with 5 year relaxation for the SC/ST candidate

and 3 years relaxation for the OBC.

3.) In order to sit for the mains paper , you need to clear the CSAT conducted by the

UPSC.

4.) General categories get 4 and reserved categories get 7 attempts to clear the exam.

For details about the form , visit :-

http://www.upsc.gov.in/.

Thanks.
2nd June 2012, 04:44 PM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

Quote:
its my dream
hi friend,

Eligibility Criteria of IAS exam.

Age limits : 21-30 years.

The candidate must possess a degree from an Indian University or an

educational institution deemed as a University or possess an equivalent

qualification. Those in the final year of a degree course can also appear in

the Preliminary Examination.

The candidate must have attained 21 years of age on August 1st of the year

of examination and must not have attained 30 years of age on that date. The

upper age limit will be relaxed by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for

SC/ST candidates. The upper age limit is also relaxed in favor of certain

categories of civil servants working under the Government of India and

Defense Services Personnel.

visit the this link

2nd June 2012, 04:45 PM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumit525 View Post
To become an IAS officer one have to appear for exam conducted by UPSC every year. Eligibility criteria may be get on UPSC website.

hi friend,

You can give your IAS exam after completing your graduation course.You need to complete your graduation course for giving CSAT examination conducted by the UPSC board.There is no minimum marks criteria you need for CSAT examination.

You can get the information about the notifications and all in the following link

A candidate must have attained 21 years and not more than 30 years to be eligible for the exam.The upper age limit is relaxable for reserved category candidates of SC/ST/OBC background.

all the best

2nd June 2012, 04:49 PM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

Quote:
Will I take ComMaths Economics in class 11?By taking this stream I am able to do IAS?
hi friend,

Eligibility Criteria For IAS

(i) Age limits :

21-30 years as on 1.7.2011. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories

(ii) Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification .

(iii) No. of permissible attempts :

Four (Seven attemps of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs

(iv) Fee :

Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only)
(No fee for SCs/STs/Physically disabled only)

good luck
2nd June 2012, 04:51 PM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

Quote:
i have completed my bsc nursing this year can i appear upsc exam to become IAS officer
hi
I.A.S exam exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Qualification:- Pass graduation with any stream fron recginiced university.

For Open category:- 21-30 year
For OBC category:- 21-33 YEAR
For ST/SC category:- 21-37 year

Number of Attempts:-
For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts

You can bye the form from Head post office/ G.P.O

You can apply both online and offline..

GOOD LUCK!

2nd June 2012, 04:53 PM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

hello

your desire to get in to civil services as an IAS officer is really appreciable

and yeah sure there are some eligibility parameters of the civil services examination which is conducted by UPSC

the eligibility criteria are

you should have any degree from any one of the indian university

and should full fil the age requirements of

min age limit of 21 years

max age limit of 30 years

and for all related further information and latest updates about this log in to the following web links

www.onestopias.com

www.upscportal.com

all the best

2nd June 2012, 05:03 PM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

Quote:
its my dream

hi friend,

ABOUT IAS EXAMINATION DETAILS :-

Firstly I have to inform you that the IAS Examination was conducted by UPSC and To become IAS officer you need to apply for the UPSC Civil Services Examination, But to apply for UPSC Civil services examination, You need to complete your Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University.

The Examination was conducted in Two stages,

First Preliminary examination

and then Main Examination,

Those who have Crack the Preliminary examination are eligible to apply for Main examination, The preliminary examination are Objective type and there are 2 Papers in this examination both will be of Same Marks and Duration. For Main examination you have to choose a optional subject according to your Interested or on the Basis of Graduation Subject.

The Application form Of UPSC Civil services examination are availiable in any designated Post offices in India, So you can obtained from there Otherwise you have another option to apply Online for This examination. Eligible candidates may apply for this examination online By visit the UPSC website, The Notification was published in the employment newspaper or in the Official website in the month of February every year.

- Graduation is the minimum eligibility to apply for IAS Examination.
- Age Should between 21 to 30 years.
- Final year graduate candidates are also eligible.

(a) Candidates may apply online using the website
http://www.upsconline.nic.in Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the above mentioned website.

(b) Candidates may also apply offline in the Common Application form devised by the commission for its examinations which can be processed on computerized machines.

This Civil Services application form alongwith an Information Brochure containing general instructions for filling up the form, an acknowledgement card and an envelope for sending the Civil Services application will be obtainable from the designated Head Post Offices / Post Offices throughout the country against cash payment of 30/- (Rupees thirty only).

Civil Services Form should be purchased from the designated Head Post Offices only and not from any other agency. This Civil Services form can be used only once and for only one Civil Services Preliminary Examination.

Candidates who wish to apply offline must use the form supplied with the Information Brochure only and they should in no case use photocopy / reproduction / unauthorisedly printed copy of the Form.
Since this Civil Services form is electronically scanned, due care should be taken to fill up the Civil Services application form, correctly.

Thank You

2nd June 2012, 05:12 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IAS - INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE, to become an IAS officer is a dream for almost all aspiring candidate for which he has to apply for and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

The aspiring candidate must be an Indian National having completed Graduation Degree exam in any stream of education within the age group of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for SC/ST candidate up to 5 years and for OBC candidate up to 3 years. The final year Graduation appearing candidate can also apply for Civil Service exam.

The candidate has to undergo two stages of written exam:-

Preliminary exam called as CSAT-Civil Service Aptitude Test after successfully completing this exam you will be called for the 2nd stage of written exam called Civil Service Main Exam. After cracking this exam successfully, the candidate will be called for the final stage of selection i.e. Personal Interview. After which the candidate is appointed as an IAS officer.

For further information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
2nd June 2012, 06:01 PM
mnbgvs

Quote:
its my dream

hi friend,

If you have a dream of being an IAS officer then be strong in your basic like history and civics.

Read newspaper daily so that your even strong in current events.

You can get the syllabus for CSAT exam in the following link so that you can know what subjects to concentrate

http://civilserviceindia.com/subject...-syllabus.html

all the best
2nd June 2012, 06:02 PM
mnbgvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumit525 View Post
hello friend,

to become an IAS officer you have to be more stronger in subject as well as in general knowledge.

to become IAS officer first you have to appear in a written examination conducted by UPSC. the syllabus of the examination mainly general knowledge and questions comes from various subject.

to do well in this examination you must be stronger in the following subject
History
Geography
Economics
Political science
Mathematics
General knowledge etc.

after written examination you have to appear in interview. then if you are selected you will be IAS officer after training.

best wishes.

2nd June 2012, 06:04 PM
mnbgvs

Quote:
Guys plz tell me how much percentage i need to secure in class 12th to become an IAS...

hi friend,

There is no standard tricks to be followed.

It all depends on your capacity and capability, irrespective of your performance/score in basic/higher degree exam. To get through the ICSE, however, two basic qualities must be there.

First, you should be mentally fully prepared to bear the strain of this one-year-long exam; and

second, you should have (or develop) a sound expression (written as well as verbal) in the medium (language) you want to appear with. Once you have obtained these two qualifications, other issues regarding preparation for the exam can be handled better and easily.

pattern of the exam will be

Paper-I
One of the Indian Languages to be selected by the candidate from the 18 languages included in the VIIIth Schedule to the Constitution (Qualifying Paper)
300 Marks

Paper-II
English (Qualifying Paper)
300 Marks

Paper-III
Essay
200 Marks

Papers IV & V
General Studies (300 Marks for each paper)
600 Marks

you should put your main focus on general studies.

2nd June 2012, 06:06 PM
mnbgvs

hi!

To become an IAS officer you need to successfully pass the civil services exam(CSE) conducted by UPSC. The CSE consists of 3 stage:
civil services aptitude test (CSAT)
mains exam
interview

Eligibility for CSE:

Age limit - A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years.age is relaxable for SC, ST & OBC candidates.

Education - Candidate must hold a bachelors degree of a recognized university. Candidates appearing in Final year exam of qualifying degree may also apply.

CSAT exam pattern:
There shall be two objective type-papers carrying equal marks i.e. 150 marks. THe first paper would be of general studies while the second paper would be of aptitude.

good luck
2nd June 2012, 06:27 PM
mnbgvs

Quote:
its my dream
Dear,

The minimum educational qualification required is to be a graduate in any field.

Age limitation is between 21-30 years with 5 years relaxation for the SC/ST and 3 years for the OBC category.

You need to clear the CSAt i.e. civil services aptitude test in order to appear for the mains.

General awareness is must in its preparation.
Some of the important topics are history , Indian politics , geography etc.

General categories get 4 , SC/St get unlimited , ObC get 7 attempts to clear the exam.

For more details:-

http://www.upsc.gov.in/ .

Thanks.

2nd June 2012, 06:37 PM
guruvana244

Quote:
its my dream
You should have graduation degree to appear for IAS exam conducted by UPSC .

Eligibility Criteria for IAS :

1.Age limit
21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, in which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs .

2.Educational Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree of a recognized university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering or an equivalent qualification.

3.Number of Attempts
Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs. If a person appears in the Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt.

For details:
www.upsc.gov.in
2nd June 2012, 07:28 PM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

~> How to become an IAS Officer ?
> To become an IAS officer (Indian Administrative Service Officer), you have to complete your graduation degree course and then apply for UPSC Civil Services Examination. UPSC conducts the Civil Service Examination every year and the examination is conducted in 2 stages :
~ Preliminary Examination
~ Main Examination
~~> Firstly, you have to crack the preliminary examination and then you are eligible to apply for the Main Examination.
> Preliminary Examination is Objective test and there are two papers in this examination. All the papers are conducted on the same day and the examination will be held of same marks.
> In Main Examination, there are 9 papers and you have to choose the subjects in this examination on the basis of Graduation. The papers in the Main Examination are as follows :
~> 1 Essay type Indian Language Qualifying Paper (300 marks)
~> 1 English Qualifying Paper (300 marks)
~> 1 General Essay type Paper (200 marks)
~> 2 General Studies Papers (300 marks)
~> 4 Optional Subjects Papers (300 marks)
> If you crack the main examination, then you are eligibile to appear for Final Interview and then you will become an IAS Officer.
~~> Eligibility Criteria :
~ To apply for this examination you have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognized University.
~ Final year appearing students are also eligible to apply for this examination.
~ Your age should between 21 to 30 years.
~ Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.
~ There is no percentage required to apply for this examination, after completing graduation you are eligible to apply for civil service examination, after completing graduation you can apply for civil service examination.
> The notification of this examination will be published in the Month of February i.e. on 04/02/2012 and the last date to apply for this examination was in the month of March i.e. 05/03/2012 and the preliminary examination was held on 20th May, 2012.
~~> No. of Attempts :
~ General Candidates :
4 times
~ OBC Candidates : 7 times
~ SCs/STs : No Limits.
~ To apply, please wait for the next notification and then fill Online Application Form on http://www.upsconline.nic.in.
> If you need more information, please check the official website :
19th May 2014, 05:03 PM
Unregistered

other than physics chemistry, mathematics,biology in what subject i have to take graduation for ias
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?