15th January 2012, 10:14 AM
Unregistered

How can I apply for IAS exam exam? What is the procedure and pattern of the exam? How can I start my studies?

i want to know that i want to apply for ias so how can i apply n what is the pro cedure and a pattern of exam and how can i start studies?

16th January 2012, 09:06 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I apply for IAS exam exam? What is the procedure and pattern of the exam? How can I start my studies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i want to know that i want to apply for ias so how can i apply n what is the pro cedure and a pattern of exam and how can i start studies?
Nice to see that you are Interested to become IAS Officer in Future.

IAS Stands for Indian Administrative Services and to become IAS Officer you have to cracked the UPSC Civil services Examination.

Civil Services Examination is conducted every year by the UPSC for recruitment to various services like the Indian Administrative Service, Indian Foreign Service and Indian Police Service, as well as Group A and Group B Central Services.

The Notification of this examination will be Published in the employment Newspaper or in the UPSC Website.

Eligible candidates may fill the Civil Services Application form Online Only.

The examination is Conducted by UPSC In 2 stages :

>> Preliminary examination
>> Main examination

Preliminary examination is Objective type and there are 2 papers in this examination : Paper I and Paper II. You have to cracked both these papers, Only then you are eligible to appear for Main examination.

Main examination is Descriptive and there are 9 papers in the Main examination, You have to choose the subjects for Main examination on the basis of Graduation.

So, please prepare well for the Preliminary examination as per the pattern and syllabus, only then you will get success in the examination.

Important Dates :
-------------

>> Date of Notification Released : 04/Feb/2012
>> Last date of apply for Examination : 05/March/2012
>> Preliminary Examination Date : 20/May/2012
>> Main Examination : 05/Oct/2012.

So, please wait for the Notification and then fill the application form Online and if you need more about Civil services examination then please check official website :

http://upsc.gov.in

Preliminary Examination Pattern :
-----------------------------

17th January 2012, 12:20 AM
Sharma sujeet

Default Re: How can I apply for IAS exam exam? What is the procedure and pattern of the exam? How can I start my studies?

To become a IAs you have to cracked the UPSC exam.there is two exam in this.1-entrance 2-main.
17th January 2012, 12:54 AM
rkexam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yet Registration for IAS exam in not started but it will be available.

For the availability Of online application you can simply go to

http://upsc.gov.in/

for Full information about eligibility you can simply go to

http://upsc.gov.in/general/faq.htm#PageTop

With Regard
RK
20th January 2012, 10:57 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for IAS if i am a MBBS passed? What's the procedure? Can i apply? Is this a right decision of mine to become IAS after MBBS.
4th February 2012, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

I am doing my graduation and i am in b.a(prog) 2 year Can i apply for IAS exam?
4th February 2012, 05:03 PM
Unregistered

what are the eligiblity criteria to write ias exam
15th March 2012, 12:07 AM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

Civil Services Examination is conducted every year by the UPSC for recruitment to various services like the Indian Administrative Service, Indian Foreign Service and Indian Police Service, as well as Group A and Group B Central Services.The Notification of this examination will be Published in the employment Newspaper or in the UPSC Website.
Eligible candidates may fill the Civil Services Application form Online Only.The examination is Conducted by UPSC In 2 stages :Preliminary examination Main examinationPreliminary examination is Objective type and there are 2 papers in this examination : Paper I and Paper II. You have to cracked both these papers, Only then you are eligible to appear for Main examination.
18th May 2012, 11:32 PM
Unregistered

Is there any exemption for Chartered Accountant from preliminary exams of UPSC?
21st May 2012, 09:28 AM
Unregistered

Please tell about the qualification to take ias exam.
8th July 2012, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

Minimum Age limit for IAS CANDIDATES?
8th November 2012, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

please tell about the the qualification to take IAS exam . i have done my graduation . what can i do .
8th November 2012, 04:23 PM
sudha001

Thumbs up Re: How can I apply for IAS exam exam? What is the procedure and pattern of the exam? How can I start my studies?

HELLO fRIEND ,

HOW TO APPLY FOR CIVIL SERVICES EXAMINATION (UPSC)

Civil Services Examination is the most prestigious examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment to various All India Services including I.A.S., I.P.S., I.F.S.,I.R.S., and various Group A Services and Group B Services.

(1) Plan of Examination

Normally applications are invited though UPSC notifications in leading News Papers.

The Civil Services Examination consists of three stages

1)Civil Services Preliminary Examination ( Objective Type) (Usually conducted in May)

2)Civil Services Main Examination (Written) (Conducted during October/November)

3)Interview and final Selection (During April/May)

A.
Preliminary Examination:
- (IT HAS TWO PAPERS)

Paper I 200 Marks (Questions are of Objective Type)
Paper II 200 Marks

B.
Main Examination

2. Minimum Educational Qualification: egree of any recognized university.

3. Age Limit: 21 -30 Years (General ),
21 -35 years (SC/ST )

4.Number of attempts permitted
General Category:4
OBC: 7
SC & ST :No limit on number of attempts

Qualifying in the prelims and mains exam will leas you to go for an interview round , and this round also you have to clear . Then only you will get a chance to become an IAS officer . it requires lot of hard work and true dedication needed .

Following are the list of books that i am recommending you , it will help you alot only when you will prepare it seriously.

All The Best ...
8th November 2012, 07:26 PM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Hi,

IAS - Indian Admisnistrative Services

UPSC - Union Public Service Commission conducts CSAT - Civil Services Aptitude Test for IAS.

To become an IAS officer ,you will have to clear CSAT exam.

There are three stages of this exam -

1- Preliminary exam
2- Main exam
3- Interview

Eligibility criteria for CSAT-

1. Candidate should be of Indian origin.

2- Graduation in any discipline from a recognised university.

3- Age - 21-30 years.

The examination is conducted in two stages:

1.Civil Services Preliminary Examination or Civil Services Aptitude Test(CSAT):-
The exam contains questions on –
General Studies, comprehension skill, verbal and
quantitative aptitude and communication skills.

2.Main Examination and Personal interview:-

Those who qualify Preliminary round appear for Main examination.
Those who qualify Main examination are called for Interview.

The Main examination comprise of following papers.

Essay type Indian Language Qualifying Paper
English Qualifying Paper
General Essay type paper
General Studies(Paper-I&II )
Optional subject-I(Paper-I&II )
Optional subject-II(Paper-I&II )

Visit www.upsc.gov.in
8th November 2012, 09:01 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear........

Indian Administrative Service (IAS) for this you have to appear Civil Service Exam which is conducted through UPSC every year .
Eligibility ..........

Qualification required:

>>The candidates should be a graduate in any discipline from a recognize university
>>The final year students can also apply for this exam

Age Limit :

>>The age limit is 21 - 30 yrs.
>>There is upper age relaxation for SC/ST & OBC candidates.

No. Of Attempt :

>>General :4 Times
>>SC/ST :Unlimited
>>Obc :7 Times

Exam Pattern :

For details follow this below chart :

List of best books for IAS exam:

For more details log on to ......
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck.............
26th April 2013, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

How attempts for the MBC candidates?plz help me....
19th August 2015, 04:31 PM
Unregistered

AM OC CANDIDATE HOW MANY CHANCES ARE GIVEN TO MY CASTE AND WHAT TYPE OF SKILLS YOU NEED
29th April 2018, 08:58 PM
Unregistered

Kone I'm studying b.Com 2nd year, I want to know what is the procedure for I.a.s exam and what are the exams will be, and how to apply for the exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?