20th May 2015, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

How can I become a Pilot after B.Tech?

Sir, i am Param vanshs singh . I have completed my graduation in b.tech ( Mechanical ). I want to become a Pilot after b.tech......

20th May 2015, 06:27 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: How can I become a Pilot after B.Tech?

# You can fulfill your dream of becoming pilot in Indian Navy just applying to Naval Academy through Combined Defence Service (CDS) Examination.

# You are just required to appear for CDS Examination and finally join the Naval Academy.

# Required eligibility criteria for Naval Academy (NA) in Combined Defence Service Examination (CDS) Examination are:

* Any engineering degree OR B.Sc (Physics & Mathematics)
* Age limit of 19-22 years.
* Indian citizenship
* Unmarried status
* Sex must be Male
* Must be physically & biologically healthy in all respects.
* Must have good moral character

# CDS Examination are advertised two times in a year by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

# CDS Examination Process:

* Wriiten Objective Type Test
* Personal Interview/Group Discussion
* Physical and Medical Test
20th May 2015, 07:30 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Pilot is wonderful career with full of enthusiasm and passion. Those who want to be an aviator must be a good learner in all aspects. It is such a career with higher recognition in a society. Of course the salary range of the pilot will be more around the lakhs per month in India.

In order to become Pilot you need to join pilot training school and for that you need to complete the 10+2 with PCM with 50% from recognized board. Second most important requirement is that you need to be physically fit through out your career.

List of pilot training schools in India are:

** Government Aviation Training Institute, Bhubaneshwar

** Coimbatore Flying Club, Coimbatore

** Indian Aviation Academy, Mumbai

** All India Institute Of Aeronautic, Dehradun

** Government Flying Training School, Bangalore

** West Bengal Flying Trying Institute, Kolkata

** Rajiv Gandhi Aviation Academy, Secunderabad

The Pilot training course duration is for two years and fees vary from Rs 5 lakhs to 12 lakhs depending on the training institution.
21st May 2015, 12:35 AM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

There are three different routes to become s pilot.
1) CDS examination route:- it stands for combined defense service,it conduct by upsc twice in a year,in the month or april and september.
2) PBAT:- pilot battery aptitude test. Aspirants has to clear PABT written exam.
3)NCC direct entry:- the who has ncc passed certificate wiyh minimum of 'C' grade,can directly attend the interview conduct by service selection board(SSB).
4) short service commission(SSC):- its a not the permanent job unlike above three modes.
Aspirants need to work mimimum of 14 years of service,after that continuation of service or retirements depends on the aspirants choice.
Qualification of indian pilot:-must be graduate from a recognized university
Percentage rrquired:- minimum of 60%.
Height :- atleast 157 cm
Nationality:- must be indian.
Must be single
Medically sounds healthy.
For more updates read employment newpaper.
7th July 2020, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

I want to be a pilot right now iam studying btech 3rd year in branch IT what are the routes to become a pilot n how much time should i spend to become pilot
15th August 2020, 09:33 PM
deepikapandey9999

Summarizing the whole thing,

Assure that you have sorted your financial preparation for the fees of a pilot training.
Pursue Science stream in 12th (or a stream including Physics, chemistry and maths along with English). Simultaneously search for a good training institute.
In 12th, get at least 60% in PCM and be fluent in English.
Search for an Institute for pilot training. (Eg: BFC, IGRUA, IGIA, NITF, CTC Aviation, etc). Ignore if done in point 2.
Give their individual entrance test and interviews (in case of cadet-ship)
Join the institute if you qualify their criteria.
Gain your license and join an airline company.
Thank you and All the Best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?