20th October 2011, 01:26 AM
b.nikita

Required time to prepare for IES Exam?

How much time is needed for the preparation of ies exam???
How hard one has to prepare to get through ies??

20th October 2011, 01:29 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Required time to prepare for IES Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.nikita View Post

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IES EXAM

IES exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year.

If you have completed engineering discipline in following departments then you are eligible for IES exam

1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

The applicant age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

The Notification was published in the month of January or February in Official website or employment news papers.

Final year student also eligible for IES exam .

If you are from different departments then also you are eligible but you should take one of the above departments as exam.

For Online Application using the link http://upsconline.nic.in
20th October 2011, 01:30 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi..the Indian engineering services examination is one of the most competitive examinations in the country with more than 2 lakhs students taking the examination for an very limited number of seats ..
also one of the most important factors for this examination being so tough is the fact the syllabus of this examination is just very vast and you have to cover almost all the topics which are there in the engineering of the graduate level and that makes it very tough ,also the fact that the there are four question papers for this examination so they have the leverage to ask at least one question from all the topics and hence to do well in this examination you have to cover almost all the topics from your graduation engineering subject,
the amount of time given for preparing depends from person to person ,it should be optimum to give you the maximum practice and also the confidence in dealing with an particular topic ,you can not leave any topic have to prepare almost all the topics in the subject ,please follow the following link for details http://www.upsc.gov.in/
20th October 2011, 05:04 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear..........
This is the chart from where you will get details information of IES exam details like.
how to apply for this exam , where to apply
required qualification etc.........

for this you have to prepare very seriously with hard work other wise you can not crack this exam at once

for more details you can visit website http://www.upsc.gov.in

good luck..........
16th February 2012, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

Is an average student crack ias exam if he was ready to do hard llabour.
17th February 2012, 02:58 AM
chandler8161

You have mentioned that you want to clear IES(Indian Economic Service) examination.For the purpose of clearing this exam you have to clear
CSE(Civil Services exams) .CSE is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service commission) which is the respective authority for conducting these
type of examinations.

I would like to suggest you some ways in which you can prepare for this exam.These can be discussed as follows:
1)You should join a coaching class-
You can join a good coaching institute as you really need a guidance to clear this exam.There are many known coaching classes which produce results
in this field.Many such coaching are located in Delhi and other parts of the country.

2)Increase your general awareness-
You should increase your level of general knowledge as this would greatly help you in clearing this exam.A lot many questions are asked from the various national
and international affairs happening around the world.So, for this purpose you should read newspaper or listen to news bulletin.

3)Read books of renowned publications-
You should choose best books for the preparation of IES for example you can choose Upkar publications, Arihant publications,etc.
Apart from that you should improve your interpersonal skills for the purpose of appearing for personal interview pr
17th February 2012, 11:51 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.nikita View Post
HI,
I.E.S is Indian Engineering Services
I.E.S exam exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year..

For I.E.S exam you have to pass engineering in one of the following branch:-
1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

Age limit is 21-33 year

For more detail fog on to www.upsc.gov.in

GOOD LUCK!
22nd March 2012, 09:46 PM
Unregistered

iam an sc candidate and i got 21/100 ,my gate score is 332 in ece stream in 2012.can i get admission to m.e/m.tech in anna university?
12th May 2012, 08:03 PM
Unregistered

i m in BE 2nd yr n im an average student.....how much time is required to prepare for IES?
12th May 2012, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

i m in 3rd yr BE & im an average student....how much time will be required for preparation of IES exam?
7th December 2012, 05:30 PM
Unregistered

if i clear a ies exam what post i can get
23rd February 2013, 12:45 AM
Unregistered

how to prepare for ies exam as i m 2nd year civil engg student
18th February 2014, 05:48 AM
Unregistered

Thumbs down Re: Required time to prepare for IES Exam?

I read ur post and to which I request ypu that please dont guide someone by tellng that its toughest exams and all that before a student start for good......and it seems even you are marketing here that books may you refer by upkar or arihant. I can say it with confidence if a student 'll choose books like u told cant clear the helper post in any department. He/she must prefer standard books for covering the syllabus........... Upkar publication....
8th March 2014, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

I m below average student.i have done mechanical eng in 2012 .i m weak in basics of engineering as well in english ..is that possible to clear IES exam is that really possible
10th December 2014, 03:36 AM
Unregistered

I HAVE UG DEGREE 55%. AND I AM A SC CANDIDATE ... CAN I GET ADMISSION IN IIT DELHI... WITH THE GATE SCORE OF 50 MARKS OUT OF 100...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?