18th March 2010, 10:35 AM
vipindohre

How to improve my English?

Can you please tell me how to improve my english/...

Please reply

thanks

31st March 2011, 12:14 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to improve my English?

Well, to improve your english all you have to do is read read and read. I also had few problems in this language a year back or so. But later after reading a lot I improved a little bit on it.

What you can do is subscribe to magazines like Indian Today or read newspapers like The Hindu or Times of INdia. Also watch english news channels and learn how they speak or present themselves.

Also pratice writing essays or articles. You can even start answering question on this forum which will help you to improve your english speaking skills

Its not a 1 night process. It will definitely take some time so have patience and dont give.

ALl the best
31st March 2011, 12:32 AM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Three Best and cheap way to improve English language:

• Buy newspaper daily and read it loudly,if you feel anything hard,write it in your rough book and search it in the dictionary or in internet.
  • Try to speak in English with your friends
  • Try to practice speaking English by seeing in to the mirror,it helps to increase your confidence
If you really practice English in above mentioned manner,definitely you will seeing change in a short period of time.
31st March 2011, 12:41 AM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: How to improve my English?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipindohre View Post

Please reply

thanks
TIPS TO IMPROVE ENGLISH LANGUAGE

Some of the tips to improve the English language as follows....

-> KNOW THE BASIC GRAMMAR : It's very important that you should know the basic grammar well in English to improve in its, because if you are not able to phrase proper sentence then you won't be able to speak and write well..

To improve your English grammar, you just have to read through the school grammar books again to get a clear idea, I have attached 2 e-books which helps you to improve your grammar.. Kindly check it out..

-> CONVERSE IN ENGLISH : Start conversing English with your friends or relatives or parents even if it's not good to hear, because it helps you to learn the language more and more...

-> READ DAILY : Daily read the newspaper or see the English news channels to improve your vocabulary to know more words in English which helps you to speak and write well..

If you can follow these small steps, am sure you will be an expert in a month or so..
31st March 2011, 12:51 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Please reply

thanks

How To Improve Engilsh -

If You Really Want To Improve Your English/Communication Skills, Then Please Always Talk in English Everyday In Your Friends Circle, This is The Only Way to Improve Your Communication Skills.

And Secondly, Read the English Newspaper Daily and See English News Channels, This Will Helps You to Understant, What They Are saying. So Daily Listen the News and keep Watching English Movies, when You see The Movie.

If Your Communication Skills Was Very Poor, Then Please Join Some Good Coaching Centre and Take a Crash Course, This will helps To Improve Your Communication Skills.

And Very Improtant, Awareness of Your Own Interaction With Other People Is the First Step In Improving Your Communication Skills.
31st March 2011, 12:55 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

In current scenario, if you want to fit for the industry needs or to get a good job or for several other aspects, good communication in English is becoming necessary.

So to improve English, you should be good at the following areas i.e. LSRW
L-Listening
S-Studying
R-Reading
W-Writing.

Start improving in English with fundamentals of English grammar. If you gain some knowledge in that obviously you will make sentences on your own and from then start speaking in English with your friends, at home etc.

At the same time, go through some great lectures, and some other lectures and maintain good concentration while listening. This will let you know the several ways which will be helpful for your speaking.

Read as much as you can. The more you read, the better helpful it is for you while your conversations. Ask your friends and some others to let you know the mistakes in your speaking and ensure that you should not repeat the same mistakes again.

Go through English news channels and English news papers
31st March 2011, 12:58 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

If you really want to improve your english then follow these simple steps-
As now a days the students are net savvy & mobile crazy too so You can also opt it as a mode to use it in your favourable terms means instead of time pass you can learn many things from it.
1. To improve your english the most & simple funda is to start chatting with your friends on internet.This will not only rectify your english writing skills but also make your typing speed good too.

2. Start making SMS to your friends so that you can be in touch with the latest updates.

3. To make your speaking good its better to make an enquiry calls to some institutes & ask them the information in the english language.As the person on the other side is unknown to you so you can easily remove your hesitations & make you as a fluent one.

4. But on the other side means from the education point of view its good to read the english newspapers & magazines daily & try to solve the quizes & puzzles in it.

5. Instead of watching the T.V programmes in hindi its good to watch the English channels & hollywood movies.

6 If you are a fond of listening music then keep stressing on english songs & from the archies gallery purchase some books in which that songs are written.And when you listen that songs then sing them also to make your language more refined.
31st March 2011, 09:12 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: How to improve my English?

Quote:

Please reply

thanks

English is a very important of our life now .If you are finding any job, then also your english should be good . There are so many ways of improving your english .I am telling you some best methods for that purpose :

(1)READ ENGLISH NEWPAPER
Read english newspaper daily and note the word which are not understandable to you. The newpapers contains the word which are commonly used so it will help you a lot.

(2)WATCH ENGLISH NEWS DAILY
Watch english news and note the way of expressing from the news reader .

(3)MAKE YOUR VOCABULARY STRONG
For strengthening your vocabulary read the book "WORD POWER MADE EASY " by NORMAN LEWIS.

(4)DON'T HESITATE TO SPEAK IN ENGLISH
Make a group of 4 or 5 students or your friends and try to speak before them .Don't think you are speaking right or wrong.

(5)WEAK ENGLISH
If you think that your english is very weak then read "SUPERFAST ENGLISH".

These are some common methods of improving english .Follow them and you will notice huge change in yourself.

With Regards
ravik1214
31st March 2011, 10:50 AM
Unregistered

I have compkete graduation..now I want to do mba from foren..how I can apply for mba in foren country????
31st March 2011, 11:34 AM
Revathy GM

Dear Friend

I can get you some tips to improve English

Read English Newspapers Eg, The HINDU

Take some english words and learn their meanings using DICTIONARY

For communicating in English, you should speak to your friends, colleagues in english

Dont feel bad even if you speak wrong...

My best wishes
31st March 2011, 11:42 AM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,
Hello,
If You Really Want To Improve Your English/Communication Skills, Then Please Always Talk in English Everyday In Your Friends Circle, This is The Only Way to Improve Your Communication Skills.

And Secondly, Read the English Newspaper Daily and See English News Channels, This Will Helps You to Understant, What They Are saying. So Daily Listen the News and keep Watching English Movies, when You see The Movie.

If Your Communication Skills Was Very Poor, Then Please Join Some Good Coaching Centre and Take a Crash Course, This will helps To Improve Your Communication Skills.

And Very Improtant, Awareness of Your Own Interaction With Other People Is the First Step In Improving Your Communication Skills.

Thanks.
All the best for your preparation.
31st March 2011, 11:59 AM
nitin.nagarkar

Dear Sir,
I want to Maharashtra state public service comission papers of last 7 years. Can you please provide the paper set for MPSC prepareation. And how to atudy in MPSC syllabus and how to improove my self to get better chance to become a Police sub Inspectors. Please give some ideas to good chance for Police sub inspectors.
31st March 2011, 07:00 PM
daks narang

Quote:

Please reply

thanks
well,to improve your english skills all you need to do is read ,write & speak in english.read english newspapers like The Hindustan times ,the times of india etc.,summarise the news in your own words,speak in english with your friends & colleagues,try to practice to write articles,speeches and deliver them,listen english news and try to grab their pronounciation.to me what helped is giving ans. in this forum.
so move on friend......
19th April 2011, 12:38 AM
pra_11

Hi friend,

thanks for ur attachment and it will be very useful most of people like me.

keep it up

Regards
Prabhu R

Quote:
Originally Posted by melwynjensen View Post
TIPS TO IMPROVE ENGLISH LANGUAGE

Some of the tips to improve the English language as follows....

-> KNOW THE BASIC GRAMMAR : It's very important that you should know the basic grammar well in English to improve in its, because if you are not able to phrase proper sentence then you won't be able to speak and write well..

To improve your English grammar, you just have to read through the school grammar books again to get a clear idea, I have attached 2 e-books which helps you to improve your grammar.. Kindly check it out..

-> CONVERSE IN ENGLISH : Start conversing English with your friends or relatives or parents even if it's not good to hear, because it helps you to learn the language more and more...

-> READ DAILY : Daily read the newspaper or see the English news channels to improve your vocabulary to know more words in English which helps you to speak and write well..

If you can follow these small steps, am sure you will be an expert in a month or so..
29th May 2011, 04:01 PM
purna20

Quote:

Please reply

thanks
If you want to improve english then start interacting with many person with english,learn new phrases,idioms,words everyday and use it.
For perfect speaking see english channels or buy english guru of 3rd level.
Only buying will not do but see 4hrs and practice and use it the rest day.
This will make your english perfect.
29th June 2011, 03:34 PM
sandeeptyagi100
Member+

yes dear you can
but you have to do only one simple thing that is ''''TYT''
WHICH MEAN
T''---train
Y''----your
T''-----toung

by speaking lot in front of mirror in loud
and read english newspaper complete underline new words and note on copy and learn them

it has seven stage in english speakin learning (ESL)
1.basic
2-4 . begening with much practice
5-7. intermidiate with lot of vacobullary

for more information contact me at [email protected]

best of luck
15th December 2011, 01:33 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Hi

English is just another language, and just like you are a master in speaking your mother tongue, that's because you use it day night English can also be done that way.

FEW TIPS ON SPEAKING GOOD ENGLISH :

1. Read News Paper Daily : It not only informs you about the news, but also improves your grammar and vocabulary.

2. Watch English Movies : Watching these movies can develop your accent and also make you want to learn from them, english being their native language.

3. Converse in English : Make new friends and promise with them to talk in English. This would be beneficial for them as well.

4. Learn a word everyday : Take the dictionary and learn a word and meaning every day.

Try to follow the above mentioned points and you would certainly benefit from them.

All the best.

Regards
#RJ#
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?