4th May 2012, 05:17 PM
chandrakant sonone

How many years later can we become an IAS officer? What kind of education is required?

How many years later we become IASand what's aducation is must

Related Questions:
  1. After 2nd PUC how long does it takes to become an IAS Officer? Starting salary and minimum required physical standard?
  2. Physical fitness requirements, starting salary and duration of IAS Officer training for 2nd PUC student?
  3. What kind of preparation should be required for me to become an IAS officer after completion of 10+2 in Arts stream?
  4. What kind of knowledge is required to become an IAS officer?
  5. How to become an IAS officer while pursuing B.E? What kind of preparation is required?
  6. Can I become IAS officer having completed B.Sc. in IT? What is required to become IAS Officer?
  7. What type of qualification is required to become IAS Officer? -- [New]
  8. Required Educational Qualification to become IAS Officer?
  9. How to become IAS officer? Minimum qualification required for IAS?
  10. Age required for IAS and IPS exam? Minimum and Maximum requirement to become an IAS or IPS officer?
  11. How to beome an IAS officer? what is the qualification required? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. How to become an IAS officer after finishing my 2nd year exam?
  13. What is the work-profile of an IES mechanical officer in various sectors? Does IES officer have same powers as IAS officer?
  14. Nepali citizen eligible to become an IAS officer? Education criteria required to apply for IAS? From which books to prepare for the exam?
  15. How to become an IAS Officer? Required Qualification to become an IAS Officer?
  16. How to become an IAS officer?
  17. What should I do to become an IAS officer? What type of graduation is required for IAS officer post? I have passed my 12th
  18. Minimum percentage required in 12th to become IAS officer?
6th May 2012, 09:52 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many years later can we become an IAS officer? What kind of education is required?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrakant sonone View Post
To become an IAS (Indian Administrative Services) Officer, first of all you will need to complete bachelors degree program(graduation) from a recognized university. After qualifying the Final year examination, you will have to write Civil Service Examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
The Civil Service Examination comprise of three stages and qualifying each stage is mandatory to move on to the next level. The three stages of civil service examination are as follows:
  • Preliminary Exam (Civil Service Aptitude Test)
  • Main Exam
  • Interview

Candidates who qualify all the stages and are among the top scorers are selected as IAS Officers. The minimum eligilbe age to write the examination is 21 years and the maximum age limit is as follows:
  • General Category:30 years
  • OBC category:33 years
  • SC/ST category:35 years
The civil service examination is conducted every year and the notification for the same is published on India's major Newspapers as well as on the official website of Union Public Service Commission.
11th May 2012, 11:28 AM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: How many years later can we become an IAS officer? What kind of education is required?

Quote:
To become an IAS officer you have to apply for the civil service examination. The civil service examination is conducted by the UPSC every year for the selection of IAS and IPS officer.

For the IAS exam a candidate should be graduate in any discipline from the recognized university. Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for the civil service examination.

For the civil service examination candidate age should be between 21 to 30 years. Relaxation in age is given for the reserved category candidates.

5 years for SC/ST

3 years for OBC.

The examination pattern of civil service examination is given below:

For more information on civil service examination you can also visit at the below given web site:
www.upsc.gov.in
11th May 2012, 11:42 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many years later can we become an IAS officer? What kind of education is required?

If you want to become an IAS officer then you should have to apply for the civil service exams conducted by UPSC in every year.
for the civil service exam the candidate must have completed their graduation .
There are three stges for civil service exams:
1.Preliminary Exam
2.Main Exam
3.Interview

The age should be for this exam is:
1. for General Candidates: 21-30 years
2.for OBC candidates: 21-33 years
3.for SCST candidates: 21-35 years

these are the age limits for the exam.if you cross the age limit then you can not apply for the IAS exam or any other civil service exam.

for more information you can click on the folowing link;
www.upsc.gov.in
11th May 2012, 11:55 AM
jyotiprakash2108

Location: 91/3 pratap nagar, sanganer,Jaipur 302021,Rajasthan,India

Quote:
IAS:Indian Administrative Services.
-this exam is held by UPSC.
-UPSC held this exam twice in a year.
Eligibility for IAS
-candidate should be Indian.
-candidate should be complete graduation from recognized university.
-candidate age should be between 21-30 year for general category.
-there is age relaxation for reserve category as per govt rules.

there are three stage to achieve the IAS
1.preliminary written exam.
2.main exam
3. interview.

for more information about IAS you can visit:
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
best of luck
Thank you
11th May 2012, 12:01 PM
tash1991

Hello Sir,

if you are complete you graduation first you have to apply for Civil Services.The Civil Services notification issued by UPSC in every year..
any more information about this go to www.upsc.gov.in

Thanking you Sir,
15th May 2012, 03:55 PM
chillarboy
Member+

IAS exam a candidate should be graduate in any discipline from the recognized university. Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for the civil service examination.
For the civil service examination candidate age should be between 21 to 30 years. Relaxation in age is given for the reserved category candidates.
5 years for SC/ST
3 years for OBC.
Eligibility for IAS
-candidate should be Indian.
-candidate should be complete graduation from recognized university.
-candidate age should be between 21-30 year for general category.
-there is age relaxation for reserve category as per govt rules.
There are three stges for civil service exams:
1.Preliminary Exam
2.Main Exam
3.Interview
The age should be for this exam is:
1. for General Candidates: 21-30 years
2.for OBC candidates: 21-33 years
3.for SCST candidates: 21-35 years
2nd June 2012, 11:47 AM
Unregistered

sir i want to know detail in how many year we can complete all examination 2 year or more than that?
6th August 2012, 12:10 AM
Unregistered

How many candidates are selected for IAS and IPS every year?
8th August 2012, 03:51 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my Degree with B.com ? Then what i have to do to write IAS
3rd March 2013, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

hwow i have to prepare for upsc exam?
4th March 2013, 07:45 AM
sanj69
Senior Member+

IAS - Indian Administrative Service and to become an IAS officer one has to crack Civil Service Examination conducted by UPSC every year.

You may become an IAS officer through one attempt after going through three stages of selection Tests.

There is also no specific education required to become an IAS officer, one will be eligible to apply for Civil service exam after Graduation in any stream.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
12th May 2013, 02:16 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

IAS Exam i.e. Indian Administrative Exam

To become IAS officer you need to complete your Graduation from a recognized university.
Minimum qualification required to appear for IAS exams is Graduation from a recognized university.

Age Limit for IAS exam:
General - 21 to 30 yrs
OBC - 21 to 33 yrs
SC/ST - 21 to 35 yrs
Defence Personnal - 21 to 33 yrs
Ex serviceman - 21 to 35 yrs

It is under Civil Service Exam conducted once in a Year by UPSC.
To become an IAS Officer One Needs to crack Civil Service Exam.
You need focused study of subjects. You should analyze the syllabus, and hard work is needed to crack this examination.

Number of Attempts:
Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs. If a person appears in the Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt.

How to apply:
•Apply online by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in
•Apply offline by purchasing the application form from designated post offices throughout the country.

For complete details go to http://www.upsc.gov.in

27th July 2013, 11:41 AM
Unregistered

how many year required to complete ias?
3rd August 2013, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my three years diploma after that i got direct admission to external

bca but that is only two years degree socan i give upsc now
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?