13th June 2013, 11:28 AM
SWATHI RAO.R

Is IES difficult for IAS? I have completed B.E in electronics and communication

Hello i have completed BE in electronics and communication, i was thinking to take IES exam, but many told that its better to take IAS because IES will be difficult to pass. Is this true?

Related Questions:
  1. Should I prepare for IAS or IES exam after passing electronics and communication engineering?
  2. How should I prepare for government job after completing B.Tech in electronics and communication -- [New]
  3. Last 10 years papers of IES in electronics and communication engineering?
  4. Can I give the IES exam as an electronics and communication student under ETC branch?
  5. What is the work-profile of an IES mechanical officer in various sectors? Does IES officer have same powers as IAS officer? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Last 10 question papers of IES of electronics and communication and syllabus
  7. Best books for preparation for IAS for B.Tech Electronics and Communication Engineering student?
  8. How should I crack IES? I am a student of B.Tech first year electronics and communication student
  9. Which subjects should I prefer for IAS exam preparation? I have completing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication
  10. Can I apply for IES in electrical engineering after completing B.Tech in Electronics and Communication engineering?
  11. Syllabus for IES for electronics and communication branch?
  12. Syllabus of IES examination for Electronics and Communication stream
  13. Syllabus of IES entrance test?
  14. How to prepare for IAS? I am pursuing BE with ECE stream. What can I do to crack IAS exam?
  15. Can I apply for IES exam after completing Electronics Engineering?
  16. Can a Electronics engineering holder apply for IES exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. IAS exam after B.E. from AMEI in Electronics & Communication?
  18. Which are the good coaching institutes in Jaipur for GATE preparation? -- [Most Discussed]
21st June 2013, 06:46 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is IES difficult for IAS? I have completed B.E in electronics and communication

Both IES and IAS have difficulty at their own levels. Syllabus for IES test is much related to the topics covered under engineering. For IAS test, you can expect questions on Indian polity, constitution, Indian/World Geography, general studies, English, etc. You can go with IES, if interested in engineering services sector and vice versa. Dedicated exam preparation using reference books and previous year question papers will definitely help you to clear the exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?