19th December 2009, 06:49 PM
MONISHGURU

In IIT JEE form I specified my category as General, but I am an OBC, how to change it?

sir ,i had submitted my iit jee 2010 application on dec 15 in that i specified my category as general,but iam "obc" i wan to change it how to change it pls help my dear indians

3rd January 2010, 07:01 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: In IIT JEE form I specified my category as General, but I am an OBC, how to change it?

Once you have submitted the form no further communication for any change will be entertained for you in anyway.

Best of luck
3rd January 2010, 09:28 PM
kusum singal

Default Re: In IIT JEE form I specified my category as General, but I am an OBC, how to change it?

now, you can not change anything in your application form after submitting.
3rd January 2010, 11:13 PM
rohit kumar singh

sorry...now u can not change it...u will be treated as general candidate...before submission of form it was possible to change...but not now
4th January 2010, 08:58 AM
rinesh

now there cannot be any change.but you prescribed the certificate and produced it at the time of admission.it may be helpful.
4th January 2010, 10:43 AM
ROHIT KUNDLIYA
Senior Member++

Hi
sorry sir cannot change this because this application form will be submitted for iit department. No any chance to change it
4th January 2010, 06:45 PM
Aditya Mannarwar

sorry,
I think it is not possible................

best luck
4th January 2010, 10:24 PM
vir_90

you can't change your category now...........you will be treated as general category student
more information-jee.iitd.ac.in
best of luck
5th January 2010, 03:34 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

you can not change it now,you have to write the exam in obc category
5th January 2010, 05:53 AM
satyavani
Senior Member++

if you have send your application form then the category can not be changed
5th January 2010, 02:56 PM
Abhilash Bachulinge

hie

sorry but you cannot change it

once you have submitted the form you will not be entertained
furthe

if you had changed it before submitting the form then it would be possible

but now you will be treated as as a general candidate only

good luck
5th January 2010, 04:48 PM
Senior Member+++

now you can"t change any information in the application form.
8th January 2010, 06:11 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

there is not much difference if you apply by general category or by obc category.......believe in your hard work and prepare well for the exams and you will get the seat from general category....
best of luck
25th January 2010, 04:50 AM
edward
Top Answerer

you can change it on by log on to www.jee.iit.ac.in and made the neccessary changes and send the copy of it along with the xerox of your OBC certificate to the concerned authority.
30th January 2010, 11:12 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

y didnt you look for it erlier your form cost could have been reduced anyway now just contact the office or with an application writing your mistake send your proof of obc they may accept it
31st January 2010, 05:08 PM
Aishwary

No you can not change any information in your IIT Application form after submitting form.....
9th February 2010, 09:51 AM
gautam d wonder lover
Senior Member++

you can not change any thing in your application form after its submission.
13th February 2010, 01:03 AM
bond007
Senior Member++

you must contact the authority regarding this if they say that you can change it then send a copy of OBC certificate and specify your application number also.
13th February 2010, 10:27 PM
pradeep.g.u
Senior Member+

you immediately contact the councilor iit jee and ask about changing the details ... but i think you cannot change friend
15th February 2010, 10:20 PM
thakurbaba307

dont try to tamper with details now friend because in that case your form will be liable for rejection..stick to general category for now.
16th February 2010, 12:58 AM
atanu
Senior Member++

there is no problem for it...you mailed at iit and write those problems..they will be solve the problem as soon as possible.
16th February 2010, 03:32 AM
rrmohantysmile
Senior Member+

you can't change it now you should have filled the form more cautiously and rechecked it beforesending it . but once if you have commited the mistake then you have to wait for a second chance... bbye good luck hope you dont repeat it again...
16th February 2010, 08:23 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

if you have submit your application form then it is very difficult to change it. for this problem you may contact the office soon as possible.
16th February 2010, 10:48 AM
Senior Member+++

it can not be changed i think you should just concentrate on your studies and prepare for your exam. Now you will be considered as a general category candidiate
16th February 2010, 04:39 PM
rahul saxena

IIT Bombay http://www.jee.iitb.ac.in
IIT Delhi http://jee.iitd.ac.in
IIT Guwahati http://www.iitg.ac.in/jee
IIT Kanpur http://www.iitk.ac.in/jee
IIT Kharagpur http://www.iitkgp.ernet.in/jee
IIT Madras http://jee.iitm.ac.in
IIT Roorkee http://www.iitr.ac.in/jee
IT-BHU, Varanasi http://www.itbhu.ac.in
ISM, Dhanbad http://www.ismdhanbad.ac.in
16th February 2010, 05:19 PM
Esha Sharma
Senior Member+

Hey Friend
as you have already send the form nothing can be changed now.
16th February 2010, 08:20 PM
rniveditha

i think there is no chance for u to correct it now.....
u must have been careful..
but still just try your luck by mailing it the executives
16th February 2010, 09:30 PM
anu khullar
Junior Member+

you can show your OBC certificate..& u can have help from some lawyer
24th February 2010, 12:50 PM
princearyan
Senior Member+

sorry it will not be changed ..
but you try to change contact
with aieee..conducting body...
if this is not changed then you appear as genral...
good luck..
24th May 2010, 04:02 PM
Aditya.addy
Senior Member+

dear friend,
when you have already specified your category as general then there is very little possibility of changing it.you can mail it to the ifficial of IITJEE who conducts examination.
or you can visit the website to put your queries there about changing it by stating your problem.the websites are IIT Guwahati http://www.iitg.ac.in/jee
IIT Kanpur http://www.iitk.ac.in/jee
IIT Kharagpur http://www.iitkgp.ernet.in/jee
IIT Madras http://jee.iitm.ac.in
15th July 2010, 07:25 AM
subhasish
Senior Member++

You hav mede a great mistake ,now nothing can be done,

You may fill the problem at time of counseling better to tell about the problem to the counselor.All the best.
16th July 2010, 12:14 AM
kshitijawadhiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONISHGURU View Post
sir ,i had submitted my iit jee 2010 application on dec 15 in that i specified my category as general,but iam "obc" i wan to change it how to change it pls help my dear indians
no need to change it
if you get selected imediately go to any IIT and show your certificate to prove yourself
they would accept it
15th October 2010, 06:57 PM
mseetharamster

It is possible to change..........!!!!!

Call the help line center and say the mistake you have made, they will be ready with the solution.

Or
The thing you have to follow is draw the boxes with column number specified on a A4 size paper.Write the correct details with correct copies xerox and send by speed post to the same IIT zone to which you have applied.Mistakes do happen and it is not much a problem.
18th November 2010, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

hello i have entered my passing out year as 2010 instead of 2011.will that be of any problem?i applied it online.pls help
24th December 2010, 10:12 PM
n1a2z3a4r5

sorry...now u can not change it...u will be treated as general candidate...before submission of form it was possible to change...but not now.If you want then call to the office of IIT of your zone.
15th June 2011, 09:44 PM
foreturner
Senior Member+

sorry friend but you have chosen to be

considered in general category hence you can not change it now

such matters are clearly stated in instructions while filling up

the JEE form and any mistakes are not correctable.
15th June 2011, 09:46 PM
foreturner
Senior Member+

sorry friend but you have chosen to be

considered in general category hence you can not change it now

such matters are clearly stated in instructions while filling up

the JEE form and any mistakes are not correctable.
18th June 2011, 03:22 AM
kartavya99

Quote:
you can change your category at time of taking admission and now you will not get any reservation so there is no need to change your category.
21st June 2011, 04:53 PM
rupi

Quote:
Once the form has been submitted, now no more changes can be made. But still you can try once by contacting iit jee people.
1st September 2011, 05:39 PM
kameshsriram

hi friend,

as you have send your application, it can not be change

so, leave it and prepare for the exam well.

all the best.
13th September 2011, 11:46 PM
Unregistered

i given iit in 2011 as general. in 2012 can i change my category to sc
22nd February 2012, 11:16 PM
Unregistered

can i change my caste form OBC to general after sending form........
11th June 2012, 09:54 AM
Unregistered

what is the difference between general and obc category in aieee 2012?
20th May 2013, 11:30 PM
Unregistered

I was selected under obc(NCL) in jee main with 140 marks, but am not able to get creamy layer certificate, how to change my category to general now
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?