5th November 2011, 06:11 PM
Unregistered

Minimum percentage required in each subject of Physics, Chemistry and Maths for IIT JEE?

what is the minimum percentage in each subject of phy,che,maths for appearing iit/jee

6th November 2011, 08:19 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Minimum percentage required in each subject of Physics, Chemistry and Maths for IIT JEE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what is the minimum percentage in each subject of phy,che,maths for appearing iit/jee

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IIT-JEE EXAM

1.The candidate must have passed their 10+2 examinations from a recognized board with PHYSICS ,CHEMISTRY , MATHEMATICS.

2. You must have score above 60% in class 10+2 exam.

You can apply for this post in two times.But this time must be regular means if you can apply 2012 then you have option for 2013.
6th November 2011, 01:16 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Minimum percentage required in each subject of Physics, Chemistry and Maths for IIT JEE?

you have to must score a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate that is 60% overall percentage including Physics,chemistry and Maths in your qualifying exam. Failing to get this minimum Criteria you are not Eligible for admission into Various IIT's.

But see if you are SC/ST/PD then there's some relaxations upto 5% i.e 55% is the minimum Criteria for these Candidates.

your qualifying exam for IIT-JEE will be
  • If you are 12th class passout or appearing
  • else if you are diploma passout or appearing...

Either of these qualification will be consider...
6th November 2011, 07:07 PM
miiky

you must have to score a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate that is 60% overall percentage including Physics,chemistry and Maths in your qualifying exam. Failing to get this minimum Criteria you are not Eligible for admission into Various IIT's.For SC/ST/PD candidates relaxations upto 5% i.e 55% is the minimum Criteria for these Candidates.
8th November 2011, 11:39 AM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,
If you are interested in IIT JEE then
Here are the details criteria for IIT JEE

1.You should have passed 12th standard examination.

2.You must be from science background

3.You must have Physics,Chemistry and math in 12th standard examination.

4.You should carry minimum 50%marks in PCM.

I think you have all these criteria

For more details please go through the attachments below

All the best..........
Attached Files
File Type: pdf How_to_start_Preparation_For_IIT_JEE.PDF(102.3 KB, 346 views)
File Type: pdf iitjee.pdf(1.95 MB, 247 views)
10th November 2011, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

what is cut-off score in entrance exams?
2nd December 2011, 03:31 PM
Unregistered

what are cut off for pcm for class 11
20th January 2012, 11:35 PM
abhin91
Member+

Minimum Percentage of Marks in Qualifying exam that is class 12th to be eligible for IITJEE:

Candidates belonging to GE and OBC categories must secure at least 60% marks in aggregate in QE. SC, ST and PD candidates must secure at least 55% marks in aggregate in QE.

The percentage of marks awarded by the Board will be treated as final. If the Board does not award the percentage of marks, it will be calculated based on the marks obtained in all subjects listed in the mark sheet.
QE stands for aualifying exam that is class 12 boards exam. So as mentioned above its the aggregate marks that should be considered.
29th February 2012, 01:53 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

GE and OBC categories must secure at least 60% marks in aggregate in QE. SC, ST and PD candidates must secure at least 55% marks in aggregate in QE.The percentage of marks awarded by the Board will be treated as final. If the Board does not award the percentage of marks, it will be calculated based on the marks obtained in all subjects listed in the mark sheet.have to must score a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate that is 60% overall percentage including Physics,chemistry and Maths in your qualifying exam. Failing to get this minimum Criteria you are not Eligible for admission into Various IIT's. if you are SC/ST/PD then there's some relaxations upto 5% i.e 55% is the minimum Criteria for these Candidates.your qualifying exam for IIT-JEE will be If you are 12th class passout or appearing
30th March 2012, 12:14 AM
Unregistered

pls can somebody explain to me the meaning of," 10% required in each subject for subject cutoff".
does this mean 10% of a subject's maximum marks in 1 paper or both papers 1 and 2? pl help.
pm
23rd April 2012, 07:18 PM
Unregistered

i got 88% in 1st inter and 86% in pcm but in chemistry i got 56% . may i eligible to write the iit jee in 2013
26th April 2012, 10:48 PM
Unregistered

My son has passed 10th from CBSE in 2011.For some reason he couldn't appear in 11th exam in 2012.Now he will appear in 11th exam in 2013 and in 12th exam in 2014.Will he be eligible to appear in IIT JEE in 2014 and 2015 both ?
28th May 2012, 10:53 PM
Unregistered

I got 71% in aggregate in 10 2,but 42% in math . Can i eligible for iit jee entrance exame
30th May 2012, 10:20 AM
Unregistered

I have got 46 in maths, 52 in physics and 58 in chemistry. Due to these low marks would i be able to crack iit because from year 2013 12th board marks will also be needed for iit?
5th June 2012, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have got 44 in physics,43 in chemistry and 85 in maths,am i eligible for iit jee 2013
please reply as soon as possible...
22nd June 2012, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

According to BANSAL coaching, only top 20% students in Boards will be able to appear for jee 2013. Is it true ?
26th June 2012, 04:36 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend ,

There is no any provision or fixation for marks in subjects like physics , chemistry and mathematics that you have to get in order to be eligible to give IIT - JEE.

The most important thing that matters is that you have to secure a minimum of 60% marks in 12th anyhow if you want to be eligible to appear in IIT-JEE.

But , for sake of convenience , most of the students have the mis-conception that they will have to score a minimum of 60% marks in PCM. Please i urge you to just clarify those around you with the same misconception so that even a single other candidate will get the correct information.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
13th December 2012, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

i have got 57% in maths,53% in physics and 53% in chemistry i am eglible for iit-jee 2013 entrance exam
23rd February 2013, 08:38 PM
Unregistered

I have got 45%marks in mathematics can I apear in JEE
24th February 2013, 12:17 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IIT JEE - Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Examination conducted by IIT for admission to under Graduate B.Tech. course in IITs.

The minimum percentage required in aggregate in 12th Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics to apply for IIT JEE is 60%(55% marks for SC/ST Candidate)

Apart from this the candidate must be an Indian Citizen having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass from a recognised Board above the age of 17 years, is eligible to apply for IIT JEE.
21st March 2013, 05:24 PM
Unregistered

minimum percentage physics maths and cheminsry or individual qualyfication or not
18th May 2013, 09:21 AM
Unregistered

What in minimum percentage required in ba With math exam for iit?
18th May 2013, 09:39 AM
Unregistered

What is percentage required in ba with math exam for iit?
28th May 2013, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

Sir i got 58% in cbse board 2013 . can i appear for iit jee in 2014 . as i am a sc candidate.
8th December 2013, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

i got 53% marks in maths, 65% marks in chemistry ,67.5 % in physics.Now i am doing graduation in physics.can i apply for MSc entrance in IIT? how much marks that i have to learn in degree to apply for MSc entrance??
3rd April 2015, 07:26 PM
Unregistered

I have scored 50 marks in maths.. more than 80 in rest all.....will i get admission to iit if i have cleared jee advance?
22nd May 2015, 11:47 AM
Unregistered

What does minimum percentage of marks in each subject means?
1st November 2015, 01:24 AM
Unregistered

I have got marks 63 %u2105 in all. physics 61,chemistry 80, maths, 48 in 2015 .can I apply jee mains 2016 .please reply on my email address. [email protected]
10th December 2019, 12:01 PM
suchi haria
Junior Member+

The eligibility criteria for IIT JEE is
Candidate must score at least 60% in physics, chemistry and mathematics
Candidate must ve af a certain age at the time of admission
If you fulfill the above criteria than you are eligible for the course
The syllabus for the entrance exam is based on CBSE board
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?