27th January 2016, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria, number of attempts and right time to write GATE exam?

I am in 3rd year mechanical engg. I am thinking of giving gate exam. But can u please give me the complete info about it. e.g.: no of attempts, right time to give the exam: syllabus etc...!! I want to do my post graduation in aeronautical. Please help me out!

28th January 2016, 08:58 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria, number of attempts and right time to write GATE exam?

To be eligible to appear in GATE examination, the candidate must have completed Graduation or must be in final year of Graduation. There is no limit or restrictions to appear in GATE examination. Appearing in GATE examination in final year of Graduation is the right time. Since, you are pursuing 3rd year of Engineering course, I suggest you to apply for GATE examination in 4th year of your Graduation course.
28th January 2016, 08:59 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria, number of attempts and right time to write GATE exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in 3rd year mechanical engg. I am thinking of giving gate exam. But can u please give me the complete info about it. e.g.: no of attempts, right time to give the exam: syllabus etc...!! I want to do my post graduation in aeronautical. Please help me out!
GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department then are eligible for GATE exam.

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam.You can apply any number of time. There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years

I have attached the syllabus for GATE exam for ECE department so please check it out.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SYLLABUS FOR GATE EXAM FOR ECE DEPARTMENT.pdf(111.6 KB, 13 views)
29th January 2016, 03:41 PM
kribesh

Smile Re: Eligibility criteria, number of attempts and right time to write GATE exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Gate Exam is one of the most competitive Exam existing in Engineering field.Getting a good score in Gate can be helpful in one way or the other.Whether it be pursuing Mtech in top Engineering institutes or attending an interview for big MNC's,you can always rely on good Gate scores.There are no restrictions on the number of times you can appear for gate exams as long as you meet the academic eligibility criteria for Gate Exam.And the right time to appear for Gate Exam purely depends on your desire to crack the Exam with good scores.If you really want Gate Exam to be the starting point of your Career Graph,then the time is NOW!
If you want to do Post graduate in aeronautical then GATE Paper must be Aerospace Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or XE. ]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?