15th April 2016, 05:54 PM
Unregistered

Maximum number of attempts available in GATE?

Dear Friends,
I am a final year B.E. student. I am planning to write GATE this time. Please tell me the maximum number of attempts one can make to clear GATE. Please answer as early as possible. Thank you!

18th April 2016, 11:46 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Maximum number of attempts available in GATE?

Maximum Number of Attempts available in GATE Examination:

I am happy to say that there is NO limit to the number of attempts. Yes, as there is no certain limit on Number of Attempts you may appear in GATE Examination as many times as you want i.e., till you get your desired score. In general, with reasonably strong preparation, I am sure you may clear it in one go.

<> Candidates can give their Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering unlimited times.

<> Remember, every result of the each attempt is generally valid for 2 years after its result declaration.

<> Although there are unlimited attempts, I suggest you to crack it with in first or second attempt.
19th April 2016, 08:13 AM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This exam is conducted every year for getting admission in post graduation program and having a chance of getting job in PSU companies. You are planning to prepare for this exam and interested to know about the number of attempts for this exam. Following are the details for this exam:

Educational qualification: Student must possess B.E/ B-Tech degree in relevant discipline from a recognized university. Students in the final year of degree course are also eligible for this exam.

Number of attempts: There is no limit for number of attempts. Students can take this test any number of times.

>>Since it is one of the toughest exams of the engineering discipline. So in my opinion you have to start your preparation for this exam. Following are the preparation tips you can follow to prepare for this exam:

--prepare well core subjects.

--go through previous year paper and analyze the difficulty of the paper

--join a test series as it evaluates your performance

--focus more on weak subjects
19th April 2016, 10:23 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Friends,
I am a final year B.E. student. I am planning to write GATE this time. Please tell me the maximum number of attempts one can make to clear GATE. Please answer as early as possible. Thank you!
GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

If you have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department, then are eligible for GATE exam.

There is no restriction for attempts in GATE exam. You can apply any number of times. There is no age criteria, but your minimum age must be above 18 years.

Your age should be below 21 years.
19th April 2016, 06:56 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

GATE stands for General Aptitude Test in engineering and it is conducted for selection of deserving candidates for their higher education courses along with financial assistance.

For appearing in the same examination, one must have either completed his/her Bachelor of Engineering / Technology / Architecture or Master of Science degree from a recognized university. There is no upper age limit for applying for the same examination.

Also one is allowed to sit in the same examination as many times he wants if he/she satisfy the educational qualification.

For more updates and details about the same examination you can refer to the official link of GATE i.e; www.gate.iit.ac.in.
10th February 2020, 06:10 PM
Unregistered

i passed out btech in 2014 can i psu through gate?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?