19th November 2010, 10:35 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to get a job with a gap of almost a year?

I completed my BE in Computer Science in Sept 2009 and get job till now. So what to do know please suggest me. I m totally confuse.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get a job after 1 year gap after 12th, 2 years gap after UG and 2 years gap after PG?
  2. Can I get a job if I have 1 year Gap after 12th, 2 years gap after UG and 2 years gap after MBA(HR)?
  3. Jobs difficulty after having 1 year gap after 10th and 2 years gap after 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. List of Companies(preferably I.T) which considers more than 2 years gap in education for job?
  5. Am I eligible to get the government job if I have year gap in my studies?
  6. A year gap will restrict me in getting a job?
  7. What should be the reason given to interviewer for a year gap in academics?
  8. Is it possible to get into job via Campus Placement if I have 2 years study gap?
  9. What should I to get placed in a good company after engineering?
  10. Is there any disadvantage for study gap year students in Delhi University? What is the disadvantage? -- [New]
  11. Can I get a software job with a 1 year gap after completing B.Tech ECE?
  12. After working as a trainee in IT company can I try out a job in IT industry or government job in Indian Oil, HP etc if Have 3 years Gap between my previous job?
  13. Can I get a job in IT company even after having 2 year academic gap?
  14. Can I continue my Diploma to get good Job having a year gap after completion of 1st year of Diploma with 84%?
  15. Can I get a job in reputed organizations through placement drives if I have 3 years gap?
  16. Can I get a job after a long unemployment gap?
  17. Eligibility to get job in Syntel for a candidate who has a year gap between 12th and B.Tech?
  18. What does Academic Gap means? Am I eligible to get job in Accenture with academic gap in B.Tech?
22nd November 2010, 07:33 AM
Jinu Alex

Default Re: Is it possible to get a job with a gap of almost a year?

dear friend,
you have chances of getting a even now, provided you do some additional courses like the computer graphics or 3D networking or get yourself certified in various operating softwares like LINUX or ORACLE.
you can also do the certified course in C, C++. JAVA etc if you have not done before. so,most of the times, these additional courses act as a boon or bonuses in your resume that you submit to the various companies.
also, develop a good communication skill by reading newspapers, especially the Editorial section regularly. improve your english too by joining english proficiency centers, if required.
well, other than the job opportunities, if you are willing to study further, then start preparing yourself for GATE or CAT exam and score well to see yourself doing M.E or MBA.
so the choice is yours. stay relaxed and make the correct decision that suits you the best. God bless you.
22nd November 2010, 02:27 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

HELLO,why are you confused on matter till now you didn't find a good job it doesn't mean you will not get job after 1 yr gap.but if you are too worry then do your master degree as MBA from a renowned & affiliated institute or university to shine your future.remember if there is a will there is a way.
31st January 2011, 11:59 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Smile Re: Is it possible to get a job with a gap of almost a year?

Do not worry so many people passed out B.tech did not find jobs.It will be better study in home and give exams like PSU and Government sectors.Definitely you will get results.
26th February 2011, 01:01 PM
chinudey20

I suggest you to do some courses like Java, Dotnet,Oracle,etc. Because many companies are looking for these skills and very few graduates have these skills. Also improve your communication skill which is most important.
8th March 2011, 05:28 PM
Taurus47
Senior Member+

hii

possible to get a job with a gap of almost a year
you have chances of getting a even now, provided you do some additional courses like the computer graphics or 3D networking or get yourself certified in various operating softwares like LINUX or ORACLE.
you can also do the certified course in C, C++. JAVA etc if you have not done before. so,most of the times, these additional courses act as a boon or bonuses in your resume that you submit to the various companies.
also, develop a good communication skill by reading newspapers, especially the Editorial section regularly. improve your english too by joining english proficiency centers, if required.
well, other than the job opportunities, if you are willing to study further, then start preparing yourself for GATE or CAT exam and score well to see yourself doing M.E or MBA.
do some courses like Java, Dotnet,Oracle,etc. Because many companies are looking for these skills and very few graduates have these skills. Also improve your communication skill which is most important.

good luck
9th March 2011, 03:18 AM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

I will suggest you to do some courses in >net or JAVA as they are in great demand.
You can also do further studies like M.E. to increase your scope.
You may also do MBA as BE + MBA is in great demand in companies.
You can also do different courses like CCNA or certificate course in oracle.
Also your communication skills/Knowledge/Percentage would have been a problem in not getting a job so try to find it out & try to decrease your weak points.
There are many people who took a gap of 1 or 2 years.
Please do not take any kind of tension,you will definetely get a job.
9th March 2011, 02:27 PM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Dear,

YES, it is possible to get a job with a gap of almost a year.

You make a gap certificate or affidavit for a particular period / year from a court through notary.

All the Best
9th March 2011, 04:02 PM
saikiran_k

Smile Re: Is it possible to get a job with a gap of almost a year?

Don't worry. You have many options to get a job. you are eligible for bank PO, clerical examinations. Being a graduate, you can apply for Staff Selection Commission exams.
So prepare well and you can get a job.
20th March 2011, 12:43 PM
2cuteforuh21
Junior Member+

it doesn't mean you will not get job after 1 yr gap.but if you are too worried then do your master degree as MBA from a renowned & affiliated institute or university to shine your future.remember if there is a will there is a way.
24th March 2011, 01:25 PM
SUNNY PRAKASH

ya sure why not you can.
you will have to make gap certificate or affidavit for a particular period / year from a court through notary.
and try your best...

ALL THE BEST.........
2nd June 2011, 08:01 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do oracle course along with MBA?
30th June 2011, 03:32 PM
Arsalaan

yes it is possible to get job

since you have only one year gap. you should hurry and

take a job somewhere without wasting any time.

However if you are looking for Bigger companies you should be able to justify that

this one year has not taken a toll over you,and you still can work as a fresher

It would help if you are able to show some kind of work experience.

preferably related to computer science.
18th August 2011, 11:51 PM
Unregistered

can i get a in job in big companies with high salary by gtng 1 year gap?
19th August 2011, 01:32 PM
amaan khan ak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I completed my BE in Computer Science in Sept 2009 and get job till now. So what to do know please suggest me. I m totally confuse.
the answer is 'YES'
u can do job and there is no problem for doing a job.ur main target is that u can be a good programmer.ur programming skills will be good enough for doing job in company.
so try for job in companies.if u r a good programmer,no one can stop u. java programming is a very good option.do programming regulary.n work hard for ur interview.try to concentrate on ur basics.
i'm dam sure that u'll get success

regards
amaan
9th January 2012, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

I want a gap certificate format for new job
30th January 2012, 01:07 PM
GUNDA DIVYA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

yes you are eligible for jobs.

You can also provide a certificate if you have taken any coaching in that gap.

It is almost late start searching for job........

Drop your resume in monisterindia.com

And get alerts from govtjobalerts.com

All the best........
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?