14th September 2012, 11:06 PM
togyzachariah

Is it possible to join Merchant Navy with 60% marks in 12th

Is it possible to join Merchant Navy with 60% marks in 12th? where to study?

Related Questions:
  1. Best Institutes for Merchant Navy? Is it possible to join Merchant Navy with 55% in 12th?
  2. Eligibility for merchant navy? What to do to join Merchant Navy after 12th with PCM? How to join training and the physical eligibility? What is the fee structure?
  3. How to join Merchant Navy after passing class 12th? I have scored 80% marks
  4. How may I join merchant navy after completion of B.Com degree? What sort of physical fitness is required for the same?
  5. How to join Merchant Navy after doing 10th with 75% marks
  6. Can I join Merchant navy after passing 12th commerce? What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy?
  7. Merchant Navy or Indian Navy after B.Sc.? Admission procedure and Institutes?
  8. How to join in Merchant Navy after completing 12th?
  9. Government colleges for Merchant Navy? How to join them? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. What is the scope of B.Sc graduate to get a job in Merchant or Indian Navy? -- [New]
  11. How to join Merchant Navy after diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  12. How can I join merchant navy after passing 10th? I want to join in Merchant Navy
  13. How to join Merchant navy after completing 12th? List of the government colleges?
  14. What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy as a Deck Officer after completing 12th in BSEB board with 71%
  15. How to join Merchant Navy after completing 12th from UP board
  16. How can I join Merchant Navy with commerce stream? I have passed 12th HSc exam
  17. How to join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What percentage is required for it? Is there any scope for girls in Merchant navy?
  18. How to join Merchant Navy as officer after passing 12th with 80%
24th February 2013, 03:45 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

Red face Re: Is it possible to join Merchant Navy with 60% marks in 12th

Hi,

Merchant Navy is one of the career where you get money,fame and adventurous life in the sea. In order to join merchant navy you have to qualify some of the qualities. As you are in 12th now,you are on right time for it.

Indian Merchant Navy personnel training is done with the responsibility of the Government of India.

>> IF you want to join as navigational and engineering fields,you have to take:-

*complete their B.Sc. degree in mechanical or marine engineering.

Eligibilty:

> If you are in 12th standard,then you can join as deck cadets.

>unmarried male and female candidates.

> not more than 20 years.

>10+2 system or equivalent should be passed.

Selection:-

Selection is on the basis of merit,and also IIT-JEE

Some of the best institution are given below:-

>B.Sc. Nautical Science degree of TS Chanakya, Mumbai.

>Marine Engineering Research Institute (MERI),Calcutta (4 year marine engineering course).

>DMET

>Tolani Maritime Institute (TMI)

All the best for your career and promotion is depended on further examinations conducted by the Directorate General of Shipping (DGS), experience and personal merit of yourself.
24th February 2013, 07:38 PM
Kotesh432
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is it possible to join Merchant Navy with 60% marks in 12th

Hi Guest,

The eligibility for marine Engineering is as follows:

The candidate needs to complete 12th standard with good percentage.

After completing 12th you can apply and as you mentioned you have a good percentage 60 you can apply for the exam.

Thank you,

All the best.
18th February 2017, 07:58 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is it possible to join Merchant Navy with 60% marks in 12th

Can I go for merchant navy if my hsc score is 60 ? Can you explain me in detail ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?