28th June 2011, 09:16 PM
dreamdude

Should I start preparing for IAS while in B.Tech ECE 2nd year? Which are the premium institutes in Delhi? Future scope available after that?

i jst cmpleted my 2nd yr in b-tech ECE , S0 shud i prepare 4 I.E.S. n0w ,0r later...??
which r da premium institutes 4 it in delhi...??
wat r da future sc0pes after it..??

nd 4 M.B.A wat is da age criteria 0r shud i say fr0m wen and till wen i can give xams 4 gettin int0 M.B.A..??

Related Questions:
  1. How to start my preparation for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of ECE? Which Books should I prepare for this Exam?
  2. How to prepare for IAS while doing B.Tech course?
  3. How should I start preparation for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech?
  4. Good institutes for training in Delhi after Engineering (ECE) 2nd year?
  5. Which institutes are the best for doing JBT or B.Ed in Delhi? What is the scope for this in future? Names of institutes and dates of admission? What is the procedure for taking admission? What is the fee structure of the institutes?
  6. Which are the coaching institutes that provide coaching from 2nd year for IAS? Institutes which are in South Delhi?
  7. Should I start preparing now for IAS after graduation? Do I need to join coaching?
  8. How to prepare for IAS? I am studying B.Tech 2nd year
  9. How to join BSNL after completing B.E ECE? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. How to prepare for IAS exam for 2nd year Civil engineering student? When to start preparing?
  11. How can I start preparing for GRE right from B.Tech 2nd year? -- [New]
  12. Can a B.Tech ECE student get into Automobile sector? What is the scope?
  13. List of coaching institutes in Delhi for IES preparations from ECE branch?
  14. After B.E ECE how can I join Indian Air Force?
  15. I am doing 3rd year in ECE : In which year can I write IAS prelims?
  16. Summer Training programme in any PSU at Delhi for B.Tech(ECE) 2nd year student? When the application form will be distributed?
  17. Eligibility criteria and procedure to apply for Summer Internship in IIT, Delhi for B.Tech(ECE) 2nd year student?
  18. Institutes and companies where I can get the summer internship? I am a 2nd year B.Tech ECE student
16th September 2011, 05:51 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Should I start preparing for IAS while in B.Tech ECE 2nd year? Which are the premium institutes in Delhi? Future scope available after that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamdude View Post
i jst cmpleted my 2nd yr in b-tech ECE , S0 shud i prepare 4 I.E.S. n0w ,0r later...??
which r da premium institutes 4 it in delhi...??
wat r da future sc0pes after it..??

nd 4 M.B.A wat is da age criteria 0r shud i say fr0m wen and till wen i can give xams 4 gettin int0 M.B.A..??
IES : Indian Engineering Services Examination.

This examination is the dream exam to crack for many young engineering students but it is not that easy like GATE or any other exams . You should have strong basics in your core branch and also will power and techniques to clear the examination within estimated duration.

As you are in 2nd year of Engineering you have nice time to prepare on your own without any coaching centers many of them go to coaching centers and crack the entrance . Yes for some of them it works and for some of them it is additional time waste.

you should decide about you are in which category. anyways.
if you want to become Indian Engineering service officer then you should not even plan for MBA at all . because you are opting for a govt career that too in technical engineering field then y to waste your time with MBA and all.

rather than doing that build your concepts strong and aim only on one target that is to achieve the post of IES.

There are many coaching institutes I can list them with adresses too but I don't want you to prefer Specially designed IES coaching centers it is waste of money . Rather than doing that some of the private institutes which gives you coaching for GATE and TANCET exams will also give coaching for IES entrance as the syllabus will be similar in all the exams.

so with some extra efforts you can get good coaching at a reasonable price. once think upon it and if you have seniors who have already chosen the path which you are going to chose just enquire them about same .. I'm sure most of them will suggest what I did.

okay and coming to preparation from now yeah you have to concentrate on every aspect of your subject to get ease in the preparation for any competitive exam like IES .

Hope you understood. my points.

all the best for your future.

Regards

~aditya~
16th September 2011, 07:18 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I start preparing for IAS while in B.Tech ECE 2nd year? Which are the premium institutes in Delhi? Future scope available after that?

dear friend,

IES exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year.

If you have completed engineering discipline in following departments then you are eligible for IES exam

1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

The applicant age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

The Notification was published in the month of January or February in Official website or employment news papers.

Final year student also eligible for IES exam .

If you are from different departments then also you are eligible but you should take one of the above departments as exam.

Yes ,You have to start IES exam preparation.

The coaching center for IES exam in Kolkata:-

Target Tutorials
D-1/7, Sector-15 Rohini,
Delhi-110085
Phone: 7881107

The Pathshala
23/26 East Patel Nagar,
New Delhi -110008
Phone: 5764530

The Study
139 Golf Links New Delhi - 110003
Phone: 6413496

The Wise Study Circle
B- 51 Cpt. Satish Marg,
Rani Bagh, New Delhi -110034
Phone: 7028614

AMITY
Amity House
E/25, Defence colony,
Newdelhi

NARAYANA
Narayana IIT Academy
47-B,Kalu Sarai,
New Delhi-110016
Ph No. 011-46080611/2/3/4

all the best.
13th June 2012, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Should I start preparing for IAS while in B.Tech ECE 2nd year? Which are the premium institutes in Delhi? Future scope available after that?

i am a amity student can i give ias
4th August 2013, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

can an ece student apply for ias examination?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?