29th March 2014, 11:10 AM
Unregistered

Which subject should I choose in IAS? I am a student of BSc mathematics

WHICH SUB SHOULD I CHOOSE IN IAS, I AM A STUDENT OF B.Sc MATHEMATICS.

30th March 2014, 11:30 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which subject should I choose in IAS? I am a student of BSc mathematics

which coaching institute is good for upsc exams preparation in gujrat and Delhi ????
31st March 2014, 07:57 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Default Re: Which subject should I choose in IAS? I am a student of BSc mathematics

It is good that you want to become an IAS Officer and serve the country soon after the completion of your B.Sc in Mathematics.

Here is the complete selection procedure that one should crack to be placed in IAS

Civil Services Aptitude Test
Civil Services Main Exam
Interview

CSAT Exam is being conducted once in a year by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).

This Entrance Exam is the common exam for the candidates to be placed in all the civil services like
IAS
IPS
IFS etc.

The eligibility criteria to apply for CSAT Exam will be

Completion of Graduation with any of the stream.

No minimum percentage of marks are required for the candidates in Graduation.

Candidates who are pursuing final year of Graduation can also apply for this Exam but they should be able to show the proof of passing in Graduation when they appear for Interview.

Required age criteria will be
21-30 years for General category
Relaxation in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category.
Relaxation in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of SC or ST category.

As you have completed your B.Sc course in Mathematics, my suggestion would be to choose the Mathematics itself as the optional subject for Main Exam.

There is healthy competition among the candidates to crack this Exam. So, prepare well for this exam.

Wish you all the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?