23rd July 2013, 11:59 AM
Unregistered

Is there any scope for me in Merchant Navy after completing 12th

I had chosen computer science in 11 after completing 12 is there any scope for me in merchant navy?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the scope in Merchant Navy?
  2. How to join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What percentage is required for it? Is there any scope for girls in Merchant navy?
  3. How to join in Merchant Navy after completing 12th?
  4. How to join Merchant Navy after completing 12th science?
  5. How to join Merchant Navy after scoring 75% in 12th? Is there any scope for commerce students in Navy?
  6. How to join Merchant navy after completing 12th? List of the government colleges?
  7. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?
  8. How to join Merchant Navy after completing 12th by PCM?
  9. Best Institutes for Merchant Navy? Is it possible to join Merchant Navy with 55% in 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Should I join Merchant Navy after passing commerce with 75% in 12th boards? What is the scope for commerce students in Merchant Navy?
  11. Is there any scope in Navy and Merchant Navy for a girl if she doesn't have maths as a subject in 12th -- [New]
  12. What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy as a Deck Officer after completing 12th in BSEB board with 71%
  13. How can I join merchant navy after completing 12th?
  14. How to join Merchant Navy after completing 12th from UP board
  15. Is there any scope to join in Merchant Navy after completing engineering in electronics and telecommunication branch?
  16. How to apply for Merchant Navy while after completing 12th?
  17. Is Merchant navy course better than Civil Engineering? What is the scope in Merchant Navy?
  18. Eligibility for merchant navy? What to do to join Merchant Navy after 12th with PCM? How to join training and the physical eligibility? What is the fee structure?
25th May 2016, 10:08 PM
sah.alok932

Default Re: Is there any scope for me in Merchant Navy after completing 12th

In order to study merchant navy it is important to have studied intermediate with pure science stream branch that is with physics,chemistry and mathematics.Only those who have studied intermediate with physics,chemistry and mathematics can join merchant navy,the courses that are necessary to study in order to join merchant navy
1)Bachelor degree course in nautical science,three year undergraduate course in nautical science is one way to join merchant navy,it is necessary to have scored at least 60% in physics,chemistry and mathematics in intermediate to study nautical science.
Admissions are done directly on the basis of marks scored in intermediate,no entrance exam is required.

2)B.TECH in marine engineering is another course to study for joining merchant navy,a four year undergraduate course for those who have studied intermediate with physics,chemistry and mathematics can study after qualifying a engineering entrance exam.Those who have studied intermediate with pure science stream branch can study marine engineering,after passing entrance exam.Other than nautical science,marine engineering is another way to join marine engineering.

Apart from these two there is mechanical engineering,a indirect entry in merchant navy,above mentioned two are direct entry where as mechanical engineering is a non-direct entry.
29th October 2020, 11:30 AM
Priya Dhongade

Default Re: Is there any scope for me in Merchant Navy after completing 12th

If you wish to join as a cadet, you can pursue for B. Sc. Nautical science, B.sc Marine, B. Sc marine catering, etc. You should have PCM in class 12th to pursue a career in merchant Navy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?