3rd August 2012, 09:41 PM
yadav monu95

What is the age limit for CDS? Qualification required for the same?

what is age limit in cds,qualification...please provide to me the details

4th August 2012, 11:49 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the age limit for CDS? Qualification required for the same?

CDS - COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE, the exam of entrance is conducted by UPSC twice every year as CDS-I and CDS-II for entry in to :-

-INDIAN MILITARY ACADEMY
-INDIAN NAVAL ACADEMY
-INDIAN AIR FORCE ACADEMY
-INDIAN OFFICER'S TRAINING ACADEMY

Generally age limit for CDS is from 19 to 25 years. But for different wing of CDS different age limit has been fixed.

For IMA - 19 to 24 years
For INA - 19 to 22 years
For IAFA - 19 to 23 years
For OTA - 19 to 25 years

Apart from this in order to be eligible for CDS one must be an Indian unmarried National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University with good Physical and Mental health.

The selection is through written exam followed by personal interview along with Physical Fitness and Medical Test.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
4th August 2012, 12:21 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by yadav monu95 View Post

If you want to pursue your career in any one of the defense services of India then you need to give the Combined Defence Services Examination which is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

Eligibility Criteria for different academy is different.

Indian Military Academy:

To join the Indian Military Academy you need to have a degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Your age should vary between 19 and 24 years when applying for this exam.

Naval Academy and Air Force Academy:

To join the Naval Academy and Air Force Academy you need to posses a bachelor's degree in technology or engineering or a B.Sc degree with physics and mathematics.

For entering Naval Academy your age should be between 19 and 22 years.

If you are seeking admission in Air Force Academy then your age should vary between 19 and 23 years.

Officers' Training Academy:

To apply for this academy you need to be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university.

Your age should be between 19 and 25 years.

Selection Procedure includes:

>>Written Examination
>>Group Discussion and Personal Interview
>>Medical Test

CDS Exam Pattern:

Physical Standard:

Please Note: CDS II Exam is on 16/09/12

Official Website: http://www.upsc.gov.in
12th September 2012, 09:22 PM
Unregistered

My DOB is 27 May 88 will i be able to fill up the cds 1 2013 form ? I missed my chance this year.
11th November 2012, 02:32 PM
Unregistered

can 12th appearing students give cds exam
12th February 2013, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

I am 12th pass with 85% in PCM can i apply for cds
12th February 2013, 07:02 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI!
COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICES
C.D.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C twice in a year

Fr C.D.S exam you have to pass graduation with any stream from recognized university.

After Qualifying C.D.S exam you ca join:-
> Indian Army
> Indian Navy
< Indian Air Force

Age limit for C.D.S exam is :-
> For Indian Navy:- 19-22 year
> For Indian Air Force:- 19-23 year
> For Indian Army:- 19-24 year.

You should be medically fit.

ALL THE BEST!
12th February 2013, 08:39 PM
helper1

hello friend,

CDS is combined defense service exam has been conducted by the UPSC department for the job post under the Defense service like

Indian Army
indian Navy
Airforce etc

Eligibility for CDS entrance exam :

1. you should be passed the bachelor degree with atleast 55% marks from any recognized university.
2. age must be between the 19 to 27 years./
Age relaxation as per gov. rules
3. Indian citizen

selection process:
1. written test
2. Screening test
3. Interview etc

For more details : www.upsc.gov.in

thank you!
12th February 2013, 09:05 PM
spider man2906
Senior Member+

Eligibility for CDS :
-->The candidate applying for CDS must be an Indian origin
-->Candidates must graduation with minimum 55% marks
-->Only unmarried candidates are eligible
-->The age limit is 19 - 25 years
all the best...........
14th February 2013, 08:47 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hey friend,

To tell about the CDS Exam,this exam is one of the Defence service exam and this exam is conducted by UPSC And is held every year

This exam is conducted for candidates to join in:

>> Indian Military Academy

>> Indian Navy

>> Indian Air Force

>> Officer Training Academy

The age limit for the CDS exam is that the candidate must have 19-24 years in the case of joining in Indian Military Academy

For joining in Indian Navy you need to have 19-22 years of age

For joining in Indian Air Force you need to have 19-23 years

If you want to join in Officer Training Academy you should have 19-25 years

Apart from this you need to possess some extra qualification which are the:
  • Nationality
  • Martial Status
  • Education Qualification
  • Physical Standard

To tell in detailed about these standards it is that you need to have a Citizenship in India.

The Martial Status needed for the exam is that you should be a Unmarried Male candidate

The Education qualification needed by the candidate in order for applying for the CDS Exam for joining in IMA and OTA is that you should have completed a degree from a recognized university with a fair percentage

In the case of you interested in joining in Indian Navy you need to have completed a Engineering Degree and for Air Force you need to have completed a Degree with Physics and Mathematics as subjects.

Apart from all these you need to be Physically fit while appearing for the exam

If you are going to satisfy all these criteria's for the exam then you can apply for the CDS Exam.

To know more information regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST
15th February 2013, 02:13 AM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Hello,
The Combined Defence Services Examination also shortly known as the CDS examination is conducted twice a year by the UPSC for recruitment into the following,
Indian Naval Academy
Indian Military Academy
Air Force Academy and
Officers Training Academy.

The basic eligibility criteria for the CDS (Combined Defence Services) are as follows-:

Indian Naval Academy->The candidate must have a Degree in Engineering or B.Sc with Physics & Mathematics.Final Year candidates are also eligible.

For Indian Military Academy and Officers Training Academy->The candidate must be a Graduate in any discipline.

Air Force Academy->The candidate mus be a Degree holder with Physics and Mathematics in their 12th or an Engineering Degree.

AGE LIMIT-:

For Indian Naval Academy->The minimum age must be 19 years and the maximum 22 years.

For Indian Military Academy->The minimum age must be 19 years and the maximum 24 years.

For Officers Training Academy->The minimum age must be 19 years and the maximum 25 years.

For Air Force Academy->The candidate must be of at least 19 years and the maximum of 23 years.

You can visit the UPSC website for any informationhttp://www.upsc.gov.in

Good Luck.
15th February 2013, 02:43 PM
ankit80
Member+

CDS Examination was conducted by UPSC every year 2 Times. The Notification of CDS examination was published in the employment newspaper or in the UPSC Official website In the month of SEP for CDS (I) Examination and In MAY for CDS (II) Examination.

So, Combined Defence Services Examination will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for admission in the Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy And In Officers’ Training Academy. The Eligiblity Criteria are vary form Post to post.

Eligiblity Criteria for CDS Examination -

For Indian Military Academy -You need to complete your Graduation degree in any discipline and Only Unmarried male candidates between 19-24 years are eligible for IMA.

For Indian Naval Academy - You Need to passed in your Engineering Degree examination and if you have passed in your B.Sc course with Physics and Mathematics OR Passed in Bachelor of Engineering then you are apply for Naval Academy, But for this Only Unmarried male candidates between 19-22 years are eligible.

For Air Force Academy - You have to Passed in your Engineering Degree of a recognised University with Physics and Mathematics at 12Th Examination, But Only Unmarried male candidates between 19-23 years are eligible.

For Officers’ Training Academy - You need to passed in your Bachelor degree examination and married or unmarried Male candidates between 19-25 years are eligible to apply for OTA.
thank you
15th February 2013, 04:38 PM
media1

HAI,

The age limit for CDS is 19-24 years .

Best of luck,
Thank you-------------------
4th May 2013, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am A Biswas. Educational qualification:- 10 2-72% in arts; graduate in geography(54%). Age:-22.Can I apply for CDS? If yes,in which catagory?
4th May 2013, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

Sir,I am A Biswas.Educational qualification
:-10 2-72% in arts; B.A in Geography(54%).Am I apply for CDS exam?If yes, for which catagory?I am 22 years old.
4th May 2013, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

:-10 2-72% in arts; B.A in Geography(54%).Am I apply for CDS exam?If yes, for which catagory?I am 22 years old.
15th May 2013, 03:46 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Combined Defence Services Examination

The CDS examination is conducted twice a year by the UPSC for recruitment into the following:
  1. Indian Naval Academy
  2. Indian Military Academy
  3. Air Force Academy and
  4. Officers Training Academy.
Age limit for C.D.S exam is :-
For Indian Navy:- 19-22 year
For Indian Air Force:- 19-23 year
For Indian Army:- 19-24 year.

Educational Qualification:
Indian Military Academy:To join the Indian Military Academy you need to have a degree in any discipline from a recognized university

Naval Academy and Air Force Academy:To join the Naval Academy and Air Force Academy you need to posses a bachelor's degree in technology or engineering or a B.Sc degree with physics and mathematics.

Officers' Training Academy:To apply for this academy you need to be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university.
15th May 2013, 10:25 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Those who are Graduate and want to join Indian Army can apply for CDS examination conducted by UPSC.

For Indian Army Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University is the required qualification.

Age Limit for CDS examination:

The age limit for different academies varies which is given below.

Indian Air Force Academy - 19 to 22 years

Indian Naval Academy - 19 to 23 years

Indian Military Academy - 19 to 24 years

Officers' Training Academy - 19 to 25 years

The selection into the academy will be based on the merit list prepared by conducting an examination which will have following stages:

-Objective Type Paper

-SSB Interview

-Medical Examination

You must be physically and mentally fit if you want to join Indian Army. If you are found unfit by the medical board then you will not be considered for the Indian Army.

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
15th May 2013, 11:54 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend...................

CDS Eligibility Details:

Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is going to conducts Combined Defence Services (CDS) Examination for recruitment of various vacancies under Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers Training Academy. The following are the eligibility details to apply for the Combined Defence Services Exam.

Eligibility Details:

1. Nationality: A candidate must be either
(a) A citizen of India, or
(b) A subject of Nepal, or
(c) A subject of Bhutan, or
(d) A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or

2. Age Limit:

(i) For IMA: Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1990 and not later than 1st January, 1995.
(ii) For Indian Naval Academy: Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1992 (2nd January, 1990 in case of NCC Naval Wing ‘C’ Certificate holders) and not later than 1st January, 1995.
(iii) For Air Force Academy: Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1991 and not later than 1st January, 1995.
(iv) For Officers’ Training Academy (SSC Course for Men): Male candidates (married or unmarried) born not earlier than 2nd January, 1989 and not later than 1st January, 1995.
(v) For Officers Training Academy (SSC Women Non-Technical Course): Unmarried Women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should have been born not earlier than 2nd January, 1989 and not later than 1st January, 1995.

3. Educational Qualification:

(i) For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy: Degree of a recognized University or equivalent.
(ii) For Indian Naval Academy: Degree in Engineering.
(iii) For Air Force Academy: Degree of a recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
Note: Those candidates who are studying in the final years Degree course and have yet to pass the final year Degree examination are also eligible to apply.
16th May 2013, 12:22 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
In CDS there are 4 wings for which exam is conducted and they are:

>> IMA - Graduation Pass in any Stream
>> OTA- Graduation Pass in any Stream
>> AIRFORCE- Graduation Pass with Phy and Maths as subjects in class 12th or BE/BTECH
>> NAVY - Graduation Pass with Phy and Maths as subjects in class 12th or BE/BTECH

AGE LIMITS-
IMA- Between 19- 24 years
OTA Between 19- 25 years
NAVY - Between 19- 22 years
AIR FORCE - Between 19- 23 years

Next CDS exams will be held on 8th Sep 2013
Notification will come out on 25th May 2013
15th September 2013, 06:20 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
It's Nice to see that you're interested to apply for CDS Entrance Examination .

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service and this Entrance Examination is Conducted upsc for every twice in a year .

This CDS Entrance Entrance Examination having three wings like Army . Navy, Airforce and Officer Training Academy.

The Educational qualification is same for all the three wings , but the specialization is differ from Academy to Academy.

Graduation course is Minimum Educational qualification to apply for CDS Entrance and no Minimum Percentage of marks required for this Entrance Examination .. Final year candidate may also eligible to appear in this Entrance Examination ..

For Joining in Airforce or Navy Wing then you should Complete graduation course in science stream with Physics and Mathematics as a main subject in Bachelor degree course ..

Commerce and Arts stream candidates are not applicable for Navy and Airforce Academy ..

For Joining in Army and Officer Training Academy then you should be Finished bachelor degree in faculty from recognized university ..

you did not mention you educational here . Based on Educational qualification you may apply for any one of the wing in which you have
interested .

All Stream candidates are eligible for Army and Officer Training Academy ..

And Come to the Marital Status .. Only Unmarried Male candidates are applicable for Army and Officer Training academy.

But the Both the Unmarried Male and Female candidates are applicable for Office

The Age limit is differ from academy to academy

-For Joining in Army Wing then your age should be 19 years to 24 years
-For Joining in Navy Wing then your age should be 19 years to 22 year
-For Joining in Officer Training Academy then you're age should be 19 years to 25 years
-For Joining in Aiforce Wing then you're age should be 19 years to 23 years .
15th September 2013, 11:32 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend

The acronym of the CDS stands for Combined Defence Service and this Entrance Examination is Conducted upsc for every twice in a year .

This CDS Entrance Entrance Examination having different wings like Army,Navy,Airforce and Officer Training Academy.

The Educational qualification is completion of the graduation degree from a recognised university for all the three wings,but the specialization is differ from Academy to Academy.

**Eligibility Criteria :-

Graduation course is Minimum Educational qualification to apply for CDS Entrance and no Minimum Percentage of marks required for this Entrance Examination .. Final year candidate may also eligible to appear in this Entrance Examination ..

For Joining in Airforce or Navy Wing then you should Complete graduation course in science stream with Physics and Mathematics as a main subject in Bachelor degree course ..

Commerce and Arts stream candidates are not applicable for Navy and Airforce Academy ..

For Joining in Army and Officer Training Academy then you should be Finished bachelor degree in faculty from recognized university ..

you did not mention you educational here . Based on Educational qualification you may apply for any one of the wing in which you have
interested .

All Stream candidates are eligible for Army and Officer Training Academy ..

And Coming to the Marital Status .. Only Unmarried Male candidates are applicable for Army and Officer Training academy.

But the Both the Unmarried Male and Female candidates are applicable for Office Training Academy.

The Age limit varies from academy to academy

-For Joining in Army Wing then your age should be 19 years to 24 years
-For Joining in Navy Wing then your age should be 19 years to 22 year
-For Joining in Officer Training Academy then you're age should be 19 years to 25 years
-For Joining in Aiforce Wing then you're age should be 19 years to 23 years .

All The Best
16th September 2013, 12:20 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend...........

CDS stands for Combined Defense Service.

This exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year.

CDS - I

CDS - II

CDS has four wings:

Indian Military Academy

Indian Air force

Indian Naval

Officer Training

Eligibility Criteria:

Nationality:

Candidate should be citizen of India.

Educational Qualification:

You should complete the Graduation from recognized University.

Percentage not required for this exam.

Final year pursuing candidates are eligible for this exam.

Age Limit:

Indian Military Academy:

19 to 24 years.

Indian Naval:

19 to 22 years.

Indian Air force:

19 to 23 years.

Officer Training:

19 to 25 years.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for this exam.

Female candidates are eligible for the Officer Training recruitment.

Selection Process:

Written Test

Interview

Medical Test

All the best........
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?