29th July 2011, 11:14 AM
Unregistered

Age limit for IAS and IPS exam for OBC category students? Am I eligible for it at the age of 31?

Hello,
Please help me out and let me know the age limit of IAS/IPS exam. I am an OBC category and my age is 31.
Rupa

19th August 2011, 08:16 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Age limit for IAS and IPS exam for OBC category students? Am I eligible for it at the age of 31?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
Please help me out and let me know the age limit of IAS/IPS exam. I am an OBC category and my age is 31.
Rupa
Hi

IAS entrance examination is one of the toughest examination which is conducted to recruit the top brains of India.
For the reason to administer the system.

IAS entrance exam has no bar of branch stream and field it only requires Mental maturity of the applicants.

The Age criteria that need to be fulfilled by the aspirants of IAS/IPS all are as follows.

One more thing before that as I didn't said IAS/IPS all are the services to get recruited in these services all the aspirants of IAS and also IPS aspirants. and many more aspirants have to apply for a common entrance exam.
that common entrance exam is nothing but Civil service entrance exam.

This Civil services examination is conducted by UPSC once in a year.

Now about age criteria are as follows.

you should minimum have 21 years of age
and there is certain relaxation for reserved categories.

i.e., for OBC Category the maximum age being 30 years are relaxed upto 33 years

for Sc/ST candidates the maximum age is relaxed upto 35 years.

So you will get relaxation upto 33 years

All the best for your preparation

Regards

~AdityA~
19th August 2011, 08:59 AM
ASHWANI42092

Default Re: Age limit for IAS and IPS exam for OBC category students? Am I eligible for it at the age of 31?

Dear friend,
IAS is a civil service exam conducted by UPSC every year.
Eligibility criteria for IAS are as follows:-
1.A candidate should have graduation in any discipline .
2.A candidate should have atleast 50% in graduation.
3.Age limit- 21-30 years for open cateogory.
4.Age limit -21-33 years for OBC.
5.Age limit-21-35 years for SC/ST.
So my friend you are eligible for IAS.Do hard work .
Thank you.
19th August 2011, 09:20 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Age limit for IAS and IPS exam for OBC category students? Am I eligible for it at the age of 31?

Quote:
Hello,
Rupa
Dear friend,

IAS and IPS both exam is conducted by UPSC .

Those candidate are graduate from any recognized university are eligible for IAS and IPS exam .

The minimum age for general candidate is 21 years and the maximum age is 30 years.

The age relaxation for SC/ST candidate have 5 years , and OBC candidate have age relaxation of 3 years.

Your age now in 31 years and you are belongs from OBC category.

So you are applicable for IAS and IPS axam.
19th August 2011, 12:02 PM
sachin200792

Exam for IAS and IPS is conducted by UPSC, in fact there is a same exam for both the posts.

The candidates appearing for the IAS exam must be of age group 21-30 years and a maximum of 4 attempts is provided to a general category candidate.

OBC candidates have 3 years of age relaxation and a maximum of 7 attempts are provided.

So, even if you are 31 years and you are an OBC candidate, you are eligible for the exam provided you still have your attempts remaining.
19th August 2011, 12:21 PM
genius_911

the age limit for the IAS and IPS exam is 21-30 years for general candidates.. but as you belong to OBC category so, you have been relaxed upto 33 years..
19th August 2011, 02:24 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Cool Re: Age limit for IAS and IPS exam for OBC category students? Am I eligible for it at the age of 31?

Quote:
Hello,
Rupa
IAS - Indian Administrative Service

IPS - Indian Police Service

IAS and IPS are Indian Civil Service exams and they are conducted by UPSC every year.

As far regarding the IAS and IPS age limits,both are same and for the information regarding it refer below:

Age limit for IAS,IPS:
  • Candidates who are from general category should have a age limit of 21-30 years.
  • Candidates who are from SC/ST category should have a age limit of 21-35 years.
  • Candidates who are from OBC category should have a age limit of 21-33 years.
  • Candidates who are Ex-service men will get 5 years exception from the prescribed limits.

As far regarding the education qualification,the candidate must have a degree from a recognized university.

All the best.
19th August 2011, 02:43 PM
jaydip62
Member+

yes, OBC student have also age abigility to give upsc ,IAS,IPS for Exam.
19th August 2011, 02:46 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
Since you belong to OBC category, the maximum age limit to be eligible for Indian Administrative Service and Indian Police Service is 33 years, which for general category is 30 years and for SC/ST category is 35 years.
Therefore, you are eligible to write the civil service examination, which is conducted by union public service commission for recruitment of IAS and IPS officers.

The application form for the civil service exam 2012 will be available at designated post offices and head post offices from 04-02-2012.

You may also apply online through www.upsconline.nic.in.

For more information, refer to the official website of UPSC.
19th August 2011, 03:24 PM
sg1991

The eligibility criteria for appearing in UPSC exams (IAS or IPS) is-
* The candidate must be a citizen of India.
* He/she must hold a bachelor's degree in any field from a recognised university.
* He/she must be at least 21 years of age.
The upper age limit for various categories is-
* General - 30 years
* SC/ST - 35 years
* OBC - 33 years
The maximum number of attempts are-
* General - 4
* OBC - 7
* SC/ST - no restriction
Hence, you are eligible for IAS/IPS exam.
19th August 2011, 03:27 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend,

You are from OBC category, so in your case the maximum age relaxation is 33 years.

3 years extra than general criteria, which is 21 years to 30 years.

Since your age is 31 years, then you are eligible according to the rules and criteria.

for more details, visit http://www.upsc.gov.in

You can also go through the attachment below...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf civil service details.pdf(346.2 KB, 69 views)
19th August 2011, 03:41 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

Well yes you are eligible for the IAS,IPS post for which you have to take the civil service exam which is conducted by the UPSC twice a year to select students for different civil services.

Eligibility for the exam::

You must be between 21 to 30 years if you are in general category and there is some relaxation given to reserved caste students in upper age limit.

For SC/ST the upper age limit is extended to 35 years
For OBC the upper age limit is extended to 33 years.

There is some relaxation given in number of times you can appear for the exam to the reserved caste students .

For general category :: You can take the exam 4 times
For SC/ST category :: You can take the exam unlimited times .
For OBC category :: You can take the exam 7 times

Pattern of the examination ::

There will be three phases ::

1.Preliminary
2.Main
3.Interview
19th August 2011, 11:41 PM
balafederer
Senior Member+

Hello,

Yes, you are eligible for the IAS and IPS exam at the age of 31. The IPS and IES exam is conducted by UPSC(Union public service commission) .
Eligibility:

* You should be the citizen of India.
* You should get graduation from a recognized university.

Age limit:
* The candidates of OBC category - 21 to 33 years.
* The candidates of General category - 21 to 30 years
* The candidates of SC/ST category - up to 35 years.

So
Best wishes
8th September 2011, 04:22 AM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

dear friend ,

to appear in the exams like ias and ips conducted by the upsc minimum requirement is the completion of the graduation.

the age limit criteria is different for the different categories .
1) for the general category candidate having age between 21 to 30 years can appear in the ias or ips exam.
2) while there is relaxation of the 3 years than upper age limit for the obc category candidates.
3) and there relaxation of 5 years for the sc/st category candidates.

as you have mentioned that you are belongs to obc category and your age is 31 then you pass the age eligibility criteria for the ias and ips exam.

for more detailed information of the ias and ips exam kindly visit the website www.upsc.gov.in

thanks and best luck
11th September 2011, 06:11 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hello,
Rupa
the age limit for OBC category is 21-33 years and you have a maximum of 7 attempts to clear the exam..so yes..you are definitely eligible for the IAS exam

you should also be a graduate from a recognized college to give the exam

1st round will test your aptitude,general knowledge and current affairs

2nd round will test your graduation subjects
20th September 2011, 06:47 PM
black-demon
Senior Member+

if you are a general candidates then you can not apply for this exam. because the age limit for a general candidate 21-30.
but there are 5 & 3 years of relaxations are given to the SC\ST & OBC candidates.
the age limit for OBC category is 21-33 years and you have a maximum of 7 attempts to clear the exam..so yes..you are definitely eligible for the IAS exam

you should also be a graduate from a recognized college to give the exam
20th September 2011, 08:04 PM
saugata2008

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service .

IPS stands for Indian police service .

Both exam are conducted by UPSC.

age limit for IAS exam and IPS exam are same -
21 to 30 tears for General.
21 to 33 years for OBC candidates .
21 to 35 years for OBC candidates .

Thank you
25th October 2011, 02:58 PM

Wink Re: Age limit for IAS and IPS exam for OBC category students? Am I eligible for it at the age of 31?

[QUOTE=Unregistered;975963]Hello,
Rengan/QUOTE]
25th October 2011, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

when will exam time
28th October 2011, 02:28 AM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Respected sir,
IAS entrance examination is one of the toughest examination which is conducted to recruit the top brains of India.
For the reason to administer the system.

IAS entrance exam has no bar of branch stream and field it only requires Mental maturity of the applicants.

The Age criteria that need to be fulfilled by the aspirants of IAS/IPS all are as follows.

One more thing before that as I didn't said IAS/IPS all are the services to get recruited in these services all the aspirants of IAS and also IPS aspirants. and many more aspirants have to apply for a common entrance exam.
that common entrance exam is nothing but Civil service entrance exam.

This Civil services examination is conducted by UPSC once in a year.

Now about age criteria are as follows.

the age limit criteria is different for the different categories .
1) for the general category candidate having age between 21 to 30 years can appear in the ias or ips exam.
2) while there is relaxation of the 3 years than upper age limit for the obc category candidates.
3) and there relaxation of 5 years for the sc/st category candidates.

31st October 2011, 12:09 AM
vivek050

hi dear,

-Now about age criteria are as follows.

Regards

vivek

thanks
14th November 2011, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

Dear friends,

I have 47% in my under graduation(BSC) and 70% in my post graduation(MCA). am i eligible to take IAS exam?
16th January 2012, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

Limit of age for I.A.S is finish 30 or finish 29,being 30
16th May 2012, 10:10 PM
Unregistered

what are the subjects which are required for IAS examination .And can married persons can attend the examination.
16th May 2012, 10:13 PM
Unregistered

what are the subjects which are required for IAS examination .Can married person appear for the exam.
2nd January 2013, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

Age limit for IAS and IPS exam for OBC category students? Am I eligible for it at the age of 31?
Quote:
Hello,
Rupa
27th January 2013, 03:20 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Oh !!!
Yes!!!
You are totally eligible for appear in the civil services examination as per your age limit criteria .
I appreciate it, you want to serve the nation by join the Indian civil services .
This civil service examination is conducted by the UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (UPSC), every year,.
Through this CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION, one can apply for the INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE (IAS), INDIAN POLICE SERVICE (IPS), INDIAN FOREIGN SERVICES (IFS) & INDIAN REVENUE SERVICE (IRS) etc etc.
The educational requirement for this civil services examination is a graduation dehree in any stream but from a recognized college.
There in not any kind of minimum educational percentage required.

This civil services has three stages to be clear-

1. CSAT (CIVIL SERVICE APTITUDE TEST)
2. MAINS
3. INTERVIEW.

Civil services examination patterns--

CSAT EXAM SYLLABUS--

CSAT 'S OPTIONAL SUBJECTS--

The age limit for this examination is 21-30 years for the general candidates,
21-33 years for the OBC candidates,
21-35 years for the SC\ST candidates,..

You must have INDIAN nationality.

For more--[IMG]www.upsc.gov.in[/IMG]

Thank you!!!
~gamble~
27th January 2013, 04:20 PM
kiruthika m.m

Eligibility Criteria for Civil Services (IAS,IPS,IFS,etc)

Educational Qualification-The candidates should be graduate in any discipline from a UGC recognised University.

Age Limit-For General category 21-30yrs , OBC 21-33yrs , SC/ST 21-35yrs.

Attempts-For General category-4 times , OBC-7 times , Sc/ST-Unlimited times.

Eligibility for Indian Economic Service(IES)

Educational Qualification-Postgraduate degree from a recognised University in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometrics.

Age Limit-For general category 21-30yrs,OBC-relaxation by 3yrs,SC/ST-relaxation by 5yrs.

For more details visit www.upsc.gov.in
27th January 2013, 04:22 PM
sonali pandey1111

Quote:
Hello,
Rupa
hi friend

yes you are eligible for IAS/IPS exam
there is certain relaxation for reserved categories.

27th January 2013, 04:26 PM
sanj69
Senior Member+

Yes, at the age of 31 years and candidate from OBC category, you are eligible to apply for IAS and IPS.

To become an IAS/IPS officer, one has to apply,appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

The eligible candidate should be within the age of 21 to 30 years of age with upper age relaxation for OBC candidate up to 3 years and for SC/ST candidate up to 5 years.

Apart from this the eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
27th January 2013, 04:43 PM
RAVIKANT JANGIR

Quote:
Hello,
Rupa
Helo dear,

You want to know whether you are eligible for CSE or not?
Then let me tell you that you are eligible yet.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA-

-Age limit 21-30 years for Gen. cateogory.
-Age limit 21-33 years for OBC.
-Age limit 21-35 years for SC/ST.

Gudluck!!
27th January 2013, 04:55 PM
TARA001
Senior Member++++

Hello ,

IAS AND IPS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (U.P.S.C.) evry year for the various post under Indian States .

Coming to your question , the age limit for various categories are as listed below :-

Age limits :

21-30 years for Generals candidates .

21-33 years for OBC candidates

21-35 years for SC/ST candidates

SO , SINCE YOUR AGE IS 31 YEARS RIGHT NOW , THEN YES YOU CAN APPLY FOR IAS AS WELL AS IPS , BUT YOU NEED TO BE PHYSICALLY FIT ALSO AND THIS PHYSICAL FITNESS IS APPLICABLE TO ALL THE CATEGORY .

THERE IS ALSO ONE THING THAT I WANTED TO AWARE YOU THAT IS ABOUT THE ATTEMPTS GIVEN TO ASPIRANTS AND THESE ARE MENTION BELOW , PLEASE HAVE A LOOK :-

No. of permissible attempts :

Four for General candidates .

Seven for OBC candidates .

and No limit for SC/ST candidates.

GOOD LUCK ...
27th January 2013, 05:44 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible for the Civil Service Examination at the age of 31 years. The OBC candidate should be less than 33 years old to apply for Indian Administrative Service or the Indian Police Service.

So please go ahead and apply for the Civil Service Examination for IAS or IPS, whichever you prefer. To apply either one of them you should have graduation degree. If you have completed graduation then there will be no issue.

Eligibility

1. Only candidates of Indian origin are eligible for the Civil Service Examination.

2. You should have at least bachelor degree to apply for the exam.

3. There is no criteria for percentage.

4. Tha age limit is minimum 21 years and maximum 30 years.

5. The relaxation for OBC is 3 years.

6. SC and ST get 5 years relaxation.

Selection Process

1. Preliminary Exam

2. Main Exam

3. Interview

Attempts

General - 4

OBC - 7

SC and ST - no limit
28th January 2013, 09:40 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hello,
Rupa
Dear Rupa,

First of all i would like to tell you that in order to join the Indian Administrative Services or Indian Police Services you have to crack the prestigious Civil services Examination.

the Civil services Examination is generally known as the IAS Exam or IPS Exam.

The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the Civil Services Examination every year.

The Eligibility Criteria Set by the UPS for Civil services Examination are :

a) Educational Qualification : Graduation in any discipline from any recognized college/university.

b) Candidates in Final Year of Graduation are also eligible to apply for the same.

c) Age Limit :

d) Nationality : Indian

The Civil Services Examination is conducted in three phases :

a) Preliminary Test

b) MAINS Exam

c) Interview Test

The Pattern Of The Examination is :

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.

28th January 2013, 04:25 PM
nitishtrifid

Hello Dear,

Yes definitely you are eligible for Civil services exam at the age of 31 year because you belong from OBC category and you have a benefit of age relaxation .

To become an IAS or IPS officers you must crack the CSAT exam. this exam is also say that civil services exam is conducted by UPSC once in a year.

Eligibility Criteria

candidate should be graduate from gov. recognized university
final year appearing candidate are also eligible for this exam.

age limit

general candidate can attempt from 21 to 30 year
OBC candidate can attempt from 21 to 33 year
SC/ST candidate can attempt from 21 to 35 year
28th January 2013, 07:56 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hello,
Rupa
HI!
I am happy to inform you that you are eligible for Civil Services exam at the age of 31 year.
If you want you can apply in 2013.

Age limit for I.A.S exam:-
For Open category:- 21-30 year
For OBC category:- 21-33 YEAR
For ST/SC category:- 21-37 year

IMPORTANT DATE FOR CIVIL SERVICES EXAM, 2013
Date Of Notification:-02.02.2013
Last date of submission of form:-04.03.2013 (MONDAY)
Date of exam Prelims:-19.05.2013 (SUNDAY)
Date of Mains eXam:- 19.05.2013 (SUNDAY)

For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST!
28th January 2013, 09:07 PM
Sikdu

sorry but you wont be eligible because for appearin IAS ,IPS for year one should be of age between 21 to 30 years by aug 2013
28th January 2013, 09:12 PM
Sikdu

sorry but you wont be eligible because for appearin IAS ,IPS for year one should be of age between 21 to 30 years by aug 2013
29th January 2013, 12:56 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Age limit for IAS and IPS for General category is from 21 to 30 years which is relaxed for OBC candidate up to 3 years and for SC/ST candidate up to 5 years.

So an OBC category candidate can apply for IAS and IPS up to the age of 33 years.

To become an IAS/IPS officer, one has to crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

Apart from the age criteria, the candidate applying for Civil Service Exam, must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
29th January 2013, 10:19 PM
shrish777
Senior Member+

Dear Friend,

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services.

IPS stands for Indian Police Srvices.

Yes, you are able to appear for both IAS and IPS examinations.

The educational qualification regarding with IAS and IPS are below mentioned:-

* A candidate must be an Indian.

* A candidate can be in final year of graduation.

* Age criteria- The age of a candidate who belongs to General category is 21-30 years; who belongs to OBC category is 21-33 years; and who belongs to SC/ST category is 21-35 years.

* A candidate must have finished graduation in any discipline from any recognised college/university.

Thanks.

29th January 2013, 11:41 PM
gauraansh

IAS and IPS exam is conducted by UPSC.It is the most toughest exam.Age limit for giving this exam is
21-30 years for general category
3 years relaxation for OBC
5 years for SC/ST.
SO your age is 31 in OBC so you can apply for it.
30th January 2013, 01:28 AM
mayankt

Hi,
As far as Age limit for IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services and IPS stands for Indian Police Srvices exam for OBC category students is concern ,let us see brief information about both exam

if you want to get job in above post for that you have to apply for civil services exam conducted by UPSC.
Civil Services Exam Will be held in Three Round .
1. Preliminary Exam
2. Main Examination
3. Interview Test
1. Preliminary Exam - This is an objective type questions based test which if the candidate passes, qualifies tothe second phase.
2. Main Exam - This is a subjective type questions based test which if the candidate passes, passes to the third phase after clear this you can go for interview round
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
#Qualification
Candidate must have graduation Degree in any stream,No specific marks are required,Final year students are also eligible
#.Age Limits
For gen-21-30 years
For obc- 21-33 years
For sc/st- 21-35 years
#.Attempts
General- 4
Obc- 7
Sc/st- no limit

Best book for Civil services Exam:-
#.CSAT: Interpersonal, Communication, Problem Solving and Decision Making Skills (Paper 2)
by
Shalini Verma
Publisher: Pearson

#.UPSC Portal CSAT Comprehensive Manual: IAS Preliminary Examination 2013 (Paper - 2)
by
Sachchida Nand Jha
Publisher: UPSC Portal

#.UPSC Portal CSAT General Studies Manual: IAS Preliminary Examination 2013 (Paper - 1)
by
Jha, Jha
Publisher: UPSC Portal

Notification for the next exam will come out on 2nd February 2013
Prelims exams will be held on 19th May 2013
Mains will held on
08-11-2013

for Previous Years Question Papers you can refer www.upsc.gov.in
You can fill the online application form fromthe official website www.upsconline.nic.in

Good Luck...
30th January 2013, 06:39 AM
end of query
Senior Member+

Hi
For giving the IAS exam, the age limit for the general category is 21-30 years.
For obc, it is 21-33 years of age and for sc,st it is 21-35 years.
And the number of attempts for the general category are 4, for obc, its 7 and there is no limit for the sc st students.
Now, as your age is 31, and you belong to the obc category, then you're eligible for giving the IAS exam, but only on this condition that your total number of attempts so far is less than 7.
For more details, you can go to
Www.upsc.gov.in

Gud luck
30th January 2013, 09:59 AM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Hello, Please help me out and let me know the age limit of IAS/IPS exam. I am an OBC category and my age is 31. Rupa
Nice to see your interest in Civil Services examination. As we know that the IAS, IPS is come under civil services. The civil services examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) once in every year. To appear in the IAS/IPS entrance examination you need the following criteria :

Eligibility Criteria for the Civil Services examination. :
--> Pass graduation is any stream from a recognize University. Final year graduation candidates can also appear in the IPS examination.
--> The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of examination. The upper age relaxation is also applicable for the reservation category candiadtes.

Age Relaxation for the different categories :
--> 3 years in upper age limit for the OBC category candidates i.e the age must be between 21 to 33 years.
--> 5 years in upper age limit for the SC/ST category candidates i.e the age must be between 21 to 35 years.

These are the basic eligibility criteria for the Civil Services examination. If you satisfy the above eligibility criteria then you are eligible to apply for the Civil Services exam.

There are no limit percentage required in graduation. Only pass the graduation degree is enough to appear in the Civil Services entrance examination.

So, As per your criteria if you belong to the OBC category then you are eligible for the Civil Services entrance examination. For any more details and complete information regarding the upcoming Civil Services examination please visit the official website of the UPSC : ~ http://www.upsc.gov.in
30th January 2013, 04:11 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

Both IAS and IPS examinations are civil service examinations, which are conducted by UPSC every year.

The selection procedure of IAS and IPS examination are mentioned as below:-

* preliminary examination.

* Mains examination.

* Personnel interview.

The eligibility criteria required for the civil service examinations are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation or a final year student of graduation in any stream from any recognised college or university..

* Age limit- 21-30 yrs for General, 21-33 yrs for OBC and 21-35 yrs for SC/ST contendors.

* Nationality- Indian.

The examination pattern of civil service examinations are mentioned as below:-

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
30th January 2013, 06:17 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

Yeah you are eligible for IAS and IPS examinations. You are under OBC category so you are eligible for IAS and IPS exams.

These exams are conducted by the UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) once in a year.

Eligibility criteria:-

The candidate should be complete graduation from a recognised university.

The candidate should be a citizen of india.

There is no percentage restrictions to apply this exam.

Age criteria:-

The age limits for GENERAL candidates is 21 to 30 years,

The age limits for OBC candidates is 21 to 33years,
The age limits for SC/ST candidates is 21 to 35years.

Selection process:-

Civil Services Preliminary examination,

Civil Services Mains examination,

Personal interview.

Syllabus for written exam:-

Optional Subjects:-

For more information CLICK HERE

Best of luck
1st February 2013, 01:37 AM
hibernate
Member+

Hi friends,
Hope you are in good health and good state of mind!
It's always a treat and fun to answer your queries.
I also appreciate the confidence that you have shown in us!

1)YES,YOU CAN ELIGIBLE FOR IAS AND IPS EXAMS
2)Age limit for IAS,IPS:
Candidates who are from OBC category should have a age limit of 21-33 years.

all the best

I hope I have answered all your doubts.
It was a pleasure answering your queries.
Hope that you'll come up with some more challenging queries!
Till then,take care.
Bye!

1st February 2013, 05:50 PM
helper1

hello friend,

Yes, you are eligible for the IAS, IPS Job post for which entrance exam has been conducted by the UPSC department

Eligibility for the IAS or IPS entrance exam :

1. you should be passed the graduation from any recognized university
2. age must be between the 21 to 30 years.
for the OBC: 3 years age relaxation
for the Sc/ST: 5 years age relaxation

3. Indian citizen.

selection process
1. Written test
2. Interview
3. Physical and medical test

thank you!
23rd September 2013, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hello,
Rupa
obc age limit 21 to 33 so u elgible
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?