3rd October 2012, 06:17 PM
Unregistered

What is the basic qualification required to become a IAS/IPS officer

Please let me know what is the basic qualification Reqd for become a IAS/IPS officer

Thanks & Regards

5th October 2012, 08:53 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the basic qualification required to become a IAS/IPS officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Please let me know what is the basic qualification Reqd for become a IAS/IPS officer

Thanks & Regards
IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services
IPS stands for Indian Police Services

to become IAS/IPS Officer, you have to apply for the UPSC Civil services examination, this examination conducted every year. So, if your graduation is complete in any discipline or pursuing your final year graduation course then you have to start your preparation for IAS Exam.

Civil Service Exam consist these stages namely, Preliminary Exam, Mains Exam and Interview. For Preliminary exam, you have to prepare following papers those are as follows Paper-I is General Studies, Paper-II Civil Service Aptitude Test.

To prepared well for Paper-I, you have to study these topics namely, Economy, History, Polity, Ecology and Biodiversity, Geography and General Science. For these concepts you have to refer NCERT Books.

For Paper -II, you have to prepare for Numerical ability, Language Comprehension, Mental Ability and Logical Reasoning.

If you cracked the preliminary examination only then you are eligible for Main examination. Mains exam consist nine descriptive papers, you have to select two optional subjects for four papers. You have to choose two optional subject according to your interest.

If you have completed or pursuing graduation then you can apply for Civil services examination, Your age should between 21 to 30 years, upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

If you are interested then please wait for the Next year examination notification, the notification will be published soon in the month of February next year, after Notification you are eligible to fill online application form of CSE.

The dates already updated in the official website, please check the official website for more details.

http://upsc.gov.in
5th October 2012, 10:17 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the basic qualification required to become a IAS/IPS officer

Graduation from a recognized University is the minimum requirement to apply for IAS/IPS exam. Minimum age limit is 21 years and upper age limit is 30 years. Candidates belonging to reserved categories can avail relaxation. Candidates should have cleared the civil service exam conducted by UPSC. Application fee is Rs.100/-. Maximum permissible attempts is 4.
6th October 2012, 12:53 AM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

Hai,

IPS and IAS exams:-

Educational qualification:-

The candidate should be citizen of India.

The candidate should be complete any graduation from a recognised university.

Final year appearing candidates can also be eligible.

Age criteria:-

For general candidates 21 years to 30years,

3years age relaxation for OBC

5Years age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

all the best...........
10th October 2012, 09:12 PM
ajit1979

Hello,

The minimum educational qualification for IAS/IPS examination is graduation or equivalent degree from any recognized university.

The age limit is: 21 to 30 years (age relaxation for OBC 3 years, 5 years for SC/ST).

All the best.

Thanks
6th November 2012, 02:36 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for IAS / IPS examination with certificate of graduate diploma in electrical & Engineering from central India institute of management studies
6th November 2012, 06:40 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Firstly you should know that to become IPS/IAS officer you need to appear for the Civil Service Exam. The Union Public Service Commission conducts this exam on annual basis in India.

The IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. The role of IAS officer is related to implementing government policies and collecting taxes.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. The role of IPS officer is to maintain law and order especially during riots. IPS officer also take part in anti terror operations and provides security cover to VIP personalities.

Eligibility

1. Candidate should be of Indian origin.

2. A graduation degree in any stream.

3. There is no percentage requirement.

Age Limit

1. General - 21 to 30 years.

2. OBC - 21 to 33 years.

3. SC/ST - 21 to 35 years.

Exam Pattern

1. Preliminary Exam

2. Main Exam

3. Interview

Number of Attempts

1. General - 4

2. OBC - 7

3. SC/ST - No limit
7th November 2012, 07:32 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Hello Friend,

The Prestigious Civil Services Examination is conducted every year by the Union Public Service Commission for students who want to become IAS/IPS Officers.

The Basic Qualifications Required for Civil Services Examination are :

a) You must have a Bachelor`s Degree in any discipline from any recognized college / University.

b) Your age must lie in between 21-30 years.

c) Final Year Students are also eligible for the Civil Services Examination.

d) For OBC Category , Your age must lie in between 21-33 years.

e) For SC/ST Category , Your age must lie in between 21-35 years.

f) Nationality : Indian

g) Number Of Attempts -

* Open Category : 4

* OBC Category : 7

* SC/ST Category : No Limit

The Pattern Of The Examination is :

Hope the above mentioned will provide you the information you were searching for.
7th November 2012, 11:58 PM
sbhndsen
Member+

IPS stands for Indian Police Service, which Preliminary generally helds in 1st week of May and Mains in 2nd week of October. Now eligibility Criteria is:
1.Age limit: 21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/ST. Ex - servicemen will get 5 more years exemption from the prescribed age limit.

2.Number of Attempts: Four attempts for open / general, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/ST. If a person appears in the Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt.

3. Minimum Physical Standard: The physical standards are important for the job profile and the rigorous training at the NPA. , which includes horse riding, rock climbing, assault course, PT obstacles, rope climbing etc.

4. Eye sight: 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. 6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye. Near vision J 1 for good eye. J2 for worst eye. The correction is by lenses only.

5. Ladies should not be pregnant at the time of Medical Test. Nasal candidate should not stammer while speaking.

Services are divided into technical and non-technical. Technical services are IRTS, IPS, DANI PS, CISF, RPF & other Police organization.

Now Eligibility Criteria For IAS....
1. Age limits: 21-30 years as on 1.7.2012. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs

2. Educational Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree of a recognized university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering.

Four attempts for General and seven attemps for OBCs and no limit for SCs/ST.

For IPS-

Height – Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm

Female 150 cm Pahari Female (general also) & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm

Chest – Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.

Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.
8th November 2012, 02:54 AM
Ravi kumar pawar
Member+

Hi
Civil services exam condcted by upsc every year

Eligibility for civil services:
Educational qualification:
Candidate must be graduate in any stream from recognized university
Final year appearing student can also apply.

Age limit: 21-30 year

Age relaxation:
3 year for obc
5 year for st/sc
Selection procedure:
CSAT written exam
Main exam
Interview
Best of luck
8th November 2012, 05:58 AM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Hi,

UPSC - Union Public Service Commission conducts CSAT - Civil Services Aptitude Test for IAS.

Eligibility criteria for CSAT-

1. Candidate should be of Indian origin.

2- Graduation in any discipline from a recognised university.

3- Age - 21-30 years.

There are three stages of this exam -

1- Preliminary exam
2- Main exam
3- Interview

Visit www.upsc.gov.in for latest notificationa and exam dates.
8th November 2012, 10:23 AM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend.........

IAS IPS aspirants first appear for Civil Examination

Civil Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission

Required Qualification for Civil Examination

>> Candidates must have a bachelor of degree in any stream from any recognized university

>> Final students also eligible for this examination

>> candidates age should between 21 years to 30 years, age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC candidates as per government norms

>> Candidates should be a citizen of India

all the best.......

Regards......
Tash
8th November 2012, 07:53 PM
snack

HI,

These are following qualification required to become a IAS/IPS officer ----------------

1.Graduation in any discipline from a recognised university
2.Your age must lie in between 21 to 30 years
3.Candidate should be of Indian origin
4.Final year appearing student can also apply
5.There is no percentage requirement.

Hope this will be helpful.
ALL THE BEST!!!
9th November 2012, 12:30 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Basic Qualifications of IAS/IPS:

You must be a citizen of India.

You must Complete the Graduation from any recognized University.

Candidate no minimum percentage required to become IAS/IPS exam.

Final year candidates are also eligible for this exam.

Candidate minimum age is 21 years and maximum age is 30 years. Upper age relaxation for other categories. 3 years age relaxation for the obc and 5 years age relaxation for the sc/st categories.

No of attempts:

4 attempts required for General Categories.

7 attempts required for obc category.

No limit of attempts for the sc/st categories.

ALL THE BEST.
10th November 2012, 10:50 AM
sirimulla srikanth
Senior Member++

Hai....

Both IAS and IPS exams are conducted by the UPSC once a year.

Degree holders are eligible for both exams there is no percentage required in graduation level.

ELIGIBILITY:

Candidate should complete graduation from a recognized university of india

Age limit for this exam is 21 to 30 years

Age relaxation for reserved candidates

Candidate should be a citizen of india

SELECTION PROCESS:

Preliminary exam

Main exam

Interview

NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS:

4 times choice for general candidates

7 times for OBC candidates

No limit for SC/ST candidates

ALL THE BEST.....
11th January 2013, 01:01 PM
Unregistered

HOW MUCH PERCENTAGE IS REQUEIRED FOR OFFICERS
11th January 2013, 04:33 PM
nitishtrifid

Hello Dear,

IAS or IPS exam is also known as CSAT exam this exam is conducted by UPSC once in a year. after cracking the CSAT exam on the basis of merit you can find the post like IAS, IPS , IRS..

Eligibility Criteria
Candidate should be graduate in any stream from recognized university.
final year candidate are also eligible for this exam.
There are no percentage limit

Age of the candidate is 21 to 30 year, If he/she belong from general category
Age of the candidate is 21 to 33 year, If he/she belong from OBC category
Age of the candidate is 21 to 35 year, If he/she belong from SC/ST category

Number of attempt

General candidate 4 times
OBC candidate 7 times
SC/ST candidate no limit
5th April 2013, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

I want to become an IAs. What should I do and which Book i read pls advice me
6th April 2013, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

what should we study to enter in ias examination
31st July 2013, 08:48 PM
whiteblossom

HI

IPS and IAS exams:-

Educational qualification:-
The candidate should be citizen of India.
The candidate should be complete any graduation from a recognised university.
Final year appearing candidates can also be eligible.

Age criteria:-For general candidates 21 years to 30years,

3years age relaxation for OBC
7th January 2014, 09:52 AM
Unregistered

.hello
i am just 18 years old and i am pursing b.a 2nd year in DU. AND I AM VERY INTERESTED TO IAS (INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER)
Course. MY SUBJECT IS ENGLISH AND HISTORY CAN I APPLY (IAS) UPSC EXAM PLZZZ REPLY MY PERSONAL Email id.
EMAI ID: [email protected]
23rd April 2014, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

What is the basic qualification required to become a IAS/IPS officer
28th April 2014, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

I am 20 years old. I am a girl. I am pursuing ba 2nd year. I want to apply for ips. My height is 5'2". Please give ur suggestion on my id.. [email protected]
3rd May 2014, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

i am a b-tech final year student. i want to apply for ias. can i apply for this ?
your suggestion gives on my id [email protected]
4th October 2014, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

I am standing for xi class my interested for IPS officer what language paper of IPS officer and top ten coaching in Delhi ,Allahabad and Jaipur how many subject in IPS officer and name of subjects
14th November 2014, 04:38 PM
Unregistered

Hi
I m priyanka..2nd year student..in sci stream...how can i prepared upsc exam...plzz reply my i.d [email protected] plzzz plzz.reply fast nd j upsc form kb niklte hi...mean which year..
29th May 2015, 11:12 PM
Unregistered

I want to know which degree course for the base of I P S ? Which persantage in Degree, pluse Two, SSLC?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?