16th February 2016, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

What is the correct way to become an IPS Officer?

I am studying in 12th with commerce and i want to become an ips officer. I just want to know that what is the correct way to complete it. Please send me the answer on my email [email protected]

16th February 2016, 08:27 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the correct way to become an IPS Officer?

To become IPS officer you have to crack the Civil Services Exam that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year. Candidate must be graduate from recognised University with minimum 50% marks in any discipline. Age limit should be in between 21 to 30 years and relaxation of 5 years is given to SC and ST and 3 years to OBC and 10 years to Physically Handicapped Wards.
16th February 2016, 11:56 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am studying in 12th with commerce and i want to become an ips officer. I just want to know that what is the correct way to complete it. Please send me the answer on my email [email protected]
IPS stands for Indian Police Service. It is a civil service exam and is one of the most prestigious exam in India right now. Apart from IPS, Indian Forest Service (IFS) and Indian Administrative Service (IAS) are other two civil service exam. All these exams are conducted by UPSC.

Eligibility Criteria that needs to be satisfied for this exam are as follows:-

-You need to be a citizen of India.
-You must a degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
-Final year candidates are eligible as well.
-You need to be at least 21 years old to apply.
-The upper age limit for this exam is 32 years.

Age Relaxation:-

OBC- 35 years.
SC/ST- 37 years.
Physically handicapped- 42 years.

Number of attempts:-

General- 6 attempts
OBC- 9 attempts
SC/ST- unlimited
Physically handicapped- 9 attempts

Physical Criteria:-

Height: 165 cm for men and 150 cm for women.
Chest: 84 cm for men and 79 cm for women.
Eyesight: A distant vision of 6/2 or 6/ 9 for worse eye and 6/6 or 6/9 vision for good eye.

Selection procedure :-
  • CSAT (civil service aptitude test)
  • Main exam
  • Interview
17th February 2016, 12:30 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can become an I.P.S Officer after appearing and qualifying in Civil Services examination conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed graduation degree from any recognised university and age between 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

So, you need to pursue graduation degree after 10+2 to appear for examination and after qualifying in all the stages become eligible for final selection for the job.

For more information about the syllabus and examination details visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
17th February 2016, 01:19 PM
rajuappu

You must be Indian
You have pass graduation from recognized university.You must be physically and mentally fit.
Age limit:
general candidates 21 to 30
OBC Candidates 21 to 33
SC/ST candidates 21 to 35

so first you will have to clear the pre and mains exam and after you face the interview.
17th February 2016, 07:37 PM
Suraj Singh 7494

To became a IPS officer you must have following eligibilities:
1) Must have minimum qualification of graduation from a recognized university with at least 60% marks.
2) Candidate must be a citizen of India.
3) Candidate must be physically fit and fine and don't have any previous criminal background.
4) The Candidate age must be in between 21 to 30 years. In case of Sc they got 5 years age relaxation and for OBC Candidate they have 3 years age relaxation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?