25th March 2016, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

What is the importance of civil services exam?

What is the importance of civil services exam? How we can ensure that we will clear the exam and get the job? Can someone who have cleared the exam provide some details and suggestions for the same? Awaiting for the response.

Related Questions:
  1. Courses to study in Graduation for pursuing Civil Services exam? Job opportunities after failing to achieve in Civil Services?
  2. What is the age limit to become a custom officer?
  3. Requirements to become a Custom Officer? I am a B.Com graduate and aged 24 years
  4. How to become an Air Port custom officer after completing B.Com?
  5. How to appear for Uttar Pradesh Civil Services? What is the pattern for Civil Services Exam
  6. Eligibility for Civil services exam? Am I eligible for Civil services exam having 2 years of education gap?
  7. Civil services General Studies Prelims Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  8. What is the eligibility to apply for the post of custom/excise officer?
  9. Best subjects which i can choose in Civil Services exam after doing BCA course?
  10. Required percentage of marks to appear for Civil Services Exam? Which subjects are a better choice for me for this exam being a B.Com student? List of Coaching centers for this Exam in Kerala?
  11. Can I be eligible for Civils having completed Graduation in 7 years with 47%?
  12. Can I join civil services after graduation? Scope for girl candidate in civil services?
  13. Civil Services Main, Mechanical Engineering (Paper II) Exam – Download Previous Years Question Papers
  14. Which are the good subjects in BA to prepare for Civil Services Exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. In Chennai which institute is considered to be the best for IAS preparation?
  16. Is it necessary to pursue B.Sc for making career in Civil Services?
  17. How to prepare for Civils being a BDS student?
  18. Detailed information and structure of Civil Services? Suitable books to prepare for CSAT?
26th March 2016, 07:39 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: What is the importance of civil services exam?

# Few facts regarding Indian Civil Service Examination and its importance:

* Civil service examination is purely based on merit which is prepared on the basis of series competitive examinations and personal interview.
* Civil service examination helps in bringing uniformity in general and public administration.
* There is no place for nepotism and corruption in the selection process of civil service examination.
* Civil service examination is completely transparent and impartial.
* Civil service examination recruits eligible and deserving candidates as top bureaucrats which gives advice to political executives and also helps in formulation as well as implementation of Government policies.

# Now here below I am giving few tips to crack the civil service examination:

* If one start preparing for civil service examination with hard work, strong determination, right study material, proper planning and better time management, there is cent percent chances of his/her success in the said examination.
* Candidate should take more and more mock interviews in order to get familiar with its process. Actually, the main motive of interview is to judge the administrative skills, logical thinking and presence of mind of the candidate.
* It is advised to candidate that he/she should focus more on NCERT books of school level while preparing for civil service examination.
* In order to get well familiar with latest pattern and structure of the examination, candidate should solve out last 6-8 years question papers.
* Importance of joining of any reputed coaching institutes cannot be ruled out. As coaching institutes helps in browsing basic concepts, provides good study material and provides time to time right guidance.
* In order to be updated with current affairs of national and international level, candidate should read the newspaper of national level.

* Referring the following monthly magazines also helps in getting information regarding current affairs of national and international level as well as other study materials regarding said examination are:

= Monthly magazine - " Competition Success Review"
= Monthly magazine - " Pratiyogita Darpan"
= Monthly magazine - " Competition Mirror"
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?