27th January 2017, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum age required for admission in class 9th CBSE Board?

Respected Sir, I want to admit my son in class 9th but I am a bit confused regarding his age so can you tell me what is the minimum age required for admission in class 9th CBSE Board? Please answer as soon as possible.

29th January 2017, 02:43 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum age required for admission in class 9th CBSE Board?

The minimum age required for the candidate to take admission in class 9th in CBSE Board is 13 years 6 months. So, if your son has attained the age of 13 years 6 months, you can take admission for him in CBSE Board school. You need to obtain Transfer Certificate, Bonafide Certificate, etc., from your old school and submit it in the new school where you wish to take admission for him for pursuing 9th standard.
29th January 2017, 03:57 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum age required for admission in class 9th CBSE Board?

There is no official notification regarding the upper or lower age limit to get admission in 9th std in CBSE.

So, to get the age limit you must visit the school as for each state there is different age limit. The Directorates of State Education is liable for it ( for declaring the minimum and maximum age limit) for a particular state.
29th January 2017, 06:07 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

CBSE stands for Central Board of Secondary Education and same is one of the three Central Board apart from ICSE and NIOS which offers education upto higher secondary school level in English medium.

As far as you are concerned about the minimum age required for admission in CBSE schools then as per the official norms the age of student must be such that it is not under 14 years by the 1st October of that year in which he/she will pursue his/her Class 10th.

So from above mentioned age criteria,to be eligible for admission in Class 9th this year your son's age must not be under 13 years by the 1st October 2017.

For more details about curriculum followed by CBSE you can refer to its link www.cbse.nic.in.
9th May 2018, 11:30 AM
Unregistered

The date of birth of my son is 8.9.2007.and studying in 7th class.What will be the minimum age limit for registration in class 9th CBSC board in uttarakhand.
10th February 2020, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

My daughter DOB is 30/04/2015 and studying in class UKG. What is the min. age for admission in class 1st in CBSE Haryana.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?