22nd March 2016, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure followed to get job under IES?

I want a job under ies , and i am also final year student in mechanical student. What is the procedure followed to get job under IES? Can someone please provide me the complete details on the same as I am not sure about what to be done next?

Thanks!

23rd March 2016, 04:52 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed to get job under IES?

# UPSC Indian Engineering Service (IES) Examination is primarily conducted for making recruitment of young engineers in Engineering Services in various PSUs and government departments.

# UPSC Indian Engineering Service (IES) Examination is conducted through online mode usually in the month of June every year.

# Required educational qualification for UPSC Indian Engineering Service (IES) Examination:

* Must have engineering degree in discipline such as civil engineering or telecommunication or mechanical engineering or electronic engineering or electric engineering.
* Must be Indian citizen.

# Required age limit UPSC Indian Engineering Service (IES) Examination:

* 21-30 years for General category as on 1st January of respective year.
* 21-33 years for OBC category as on 1st January of respective year.
* 21-32 years for SC/ST category as on 1st January of respective year.

# Selection process of UPSC Indian Engineering Service (IES) Examination:

* Written Test
* Interview/Personality Test

# Pattern of written examination:

* Paper I : General Ability Test (Objective Type)
* Paper II : Questions pertaining to opted engineering discipline (Objective Type)
* Paper III : Questions pertaining to opted engineering discipline (Objective Type)
* Paper IV : Questions pertaining to opted engineering discipline (Conventional Type)
* Paper V : Questions pertaining to opted engineering discipline (Conventional Type)

# Few important and useful information regarding written test of UPSC Indian Engineering Service (IES) Examination:

* There is provision of negative marking.
* There is provision of deduction of 5% marks for illegible hand-writing.
* Medium of language for written test is English.

# For further information, it is advisable to visit the official website of UPSC i.e. http://upsc.gov.in
23rd March 2016, 05:10 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed to get job under IES?

IES stands for Indian Engineering Services.

UPSC conducts IES exam every year for engineering graduates who wish to work under the Government of India in the sectors of Power, Telecommunications, Railroads, Public works etc.

Eligibility criteria for IES exam are as under :-

-Nationality : The candidate must be an Indian.

-Academic Qualification :The candidate must have passed Bachelor's degree in Engineering(B.E./B.Tech) from a recognized university or equivalent.

-Age limit : The candidate age limit should be in between 21 years to 32 years as on the 1st August of the year of the examination. There will be relaxation in upper age limit by 3 years for OBC candidate and 5 years for SC/ST candidate.

- Selection process :

*Preliminary Examination,

*Main Examination, and

*Personal Interview.
23rd March 2016, 09:15 PM
pabolu srivalli

Thumbs up Re: What is the procedure followed to get job under IES?

IES is the Indian Engineering Services Examination which is conducted by the UPSC board and this examination is conducted once in every year for the selection of candidates in to various engineering services and this examination is generally applied after the completion of the B.Tech course under the branches of study such as
  1. Mechanical Engineering
  2. Civil Engineering
  3. Electrical Engineering
  4. Electronics and Communication Engineering

These are the branches of study for which the IES examination is eligible for and this can be applied in the finale year of the Engineering or after the completion of the engineering course of study and there are particular examination or selection of candidates is done in a series of ways such as

The selection of candidates is done through the
  • Written Examination
  • Interview

These are the selection process which is conducted for the IES examination selection and you need to under go this examination process for getting selected.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?