27th May 2013, 01:59 AM
Khurana Navneet

What is the procedure to give IAS entrance exam?

Hlo Sir/Mam i m Navneet n i want to ask what is the full procedure for giving IAS exam....and could i read pratiyogita darpan magine for touch wid the current events.... pls tell me in detail for dis exam nd instititions in P unjab and Haryana...my no. is 90684-45083

4th June 2013, 05:22 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to give IAS entrance exam?

IAS entrance exam is conducted by UPSC, usually at the month of May. Graduates below 30 years of age can apply. General studies, mental ability, general awareness, English language, Indian Polity, Indian Constitution, are some of the main topics asked for the test. Reading prathiyogita darpan, The Hindu news daily, competition winner, etc are useful to sharpen your GK. TIME, Career point, etc are some of the good coaching centers for study.
4th June 2013, 09:35 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

There is no specific exam as IAS Entrance Exam.

To become an IAS(Indian Administrative Service) officer one has to crack Civil Service Exam, conducted by UPSC once every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

The Civil Service Exam can be applied both through on line and off line mode.

Through off line mode the application form can be obtained from General Post offices and through on line mode thr application form can be down loaded from the official web site of UPSC i.e. http://www.upsconline.com

The eligible candidate applying for Civil Service exam, is called for a Preliminary exam also called as CSAT(Civil Service Aptitude Test) exam and the candidate selected out of CSAT exam is called for Civil Service main Exam and the final selection is through Personal Interview out of candidate selected from Main Exam.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
7th August 2013, 11:09 PM
Unregistered

i am doing my second year of am degree college can you tell when i can apply for my IAS preliminary exam and am 20th october,1994 born so please provide me proper solution
18th September 2013, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir i am completed B.tec at 2013 so i can apply for IAS enternce exam ?
16th January 2014, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

suppose i passed the pre exam and not passed the mains exam. then next time igive only the mains exam or pre exams also
17th January 2014, 08:31 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

IAS can be abbreviated as Indian Administrative Service. It is one of the top civil service in India.

In order to be place in IAS, here is the complete procedure.

Civil Services Aptitude Test
Civil Services Main Exam
Interview

CSAT Exam consists of questions from
Current affairs
General English
Aptitude

You can prepare Pratiyogita Darpan for current affairs as per your interest. In addition you can also prepare for Pratityogita Kiran which is also a good book.

If you get through this exam, you need to crack Main Exam for which you should have opted for one Optional subject while applying for CSAT Exam itself.

Here is the eligibility criteria that is required for the candidates to apply for this exam.

One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.

Candidates who are pursuing final year of Graduation can also apply for this exam but they should be able to show the proof of passing in Graduation by the time they appear for Interview.

Required age will be 21-30 years for the candidates of General category.

Relaxation in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category.

Relaxation in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of SC or ST category.

The nationality of the candidate should be India to apply for this exam.

If you possess the above mentioned eligibility criteria, then you can have good preparation for this exam and apply for it.

Wish you all the best
16th May 2014, 10:01 AM
Unregistered

Can a commerce stream student should opt for this and which books are most preferred for preparation???
9th February 2015, 06:16 PM
Unregistered

My age is 39,and doing degree final year from openuniversity ,can i eligible for ias,and belonging from BC.
13th February 2018, 05:08 PM
patwari1974

Dear Sir/Madam. It is me Kajal Patwari I wish to give IAS entrance exam may I Know the process of IAS entrance exam.

Kindly let me process of the same.

Thanks and Regards

Kajal Patwari
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?