17th August 2012, 08:42 PM
Bhagwan Saknur

What should I do to become an IPS Officer being a Commerce student?

I am commerce student I am apear now second year. i want become IPS ' what should i do now?

24th August 2012, 06:00 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to become an IPS Officer being a Commerce student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhagwan Saknur View Post
I am commerce student I am apear now second year. i want become IPS ' what should i do now?
IPS stands for Indian Police services and to become IPS officer you have to complete your Graduation first. If you have already completed your Graduation then you can apply for the UPSC civil services examination, To become IPS Officer, you have to cracked the Civil services examination. This examination is conducted in 2 stages, Preliminary examination and Main examination.

You must be medically and Physically fit to become IPS Officer.

This examination is conducted every year by UPSC, and the notification will be published every year in the employment newspaper or in the UPSC Website. This exam is conducted every year by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment to various services like the Indian Administrative Service, Indian Foreign Service and Indian Police Service, as well as Group A and Group B Central Services.

The selection is based on entrance examination followed by Personal Interview, The examination is very competitive because lots of candidates will appear for this examination.

Firstly you have to cracked the Preliminary examination, this examination is objective and there are 2 papers with negative marking. If you cracked the Preliminary examination then you are eligible for Main examination.

In Main examination there are 9 papers and you have to choose the subjects in main examination on the basis of Graduation. The Question Papers III to IX will be set both in Hindi and English.

You must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years, the upper age limit will be relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST candidates, by 3 years for candidates of OBC.

This year examination was already completed and if you have missed the chance this year then you can apply for this examination next year. Notification published in the employment Newspaper or in the official UPSC website in the Month of February. You have to fill the application form Online Only.

Any graduate candidates are eligible for this examination. Please start preparing well for this examination as per the pattern and for more details visit the official website.

http://upsc.gov.in
24th August 2012, 06:06 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
In order to appear for the Civil Service Examination (IPS Entrance Test), first of all you need to complete your bachelors degree program. As soon as you complete your bachelors degree program, you will become eligible to appear for the civil service examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission provided you are within the age limit of 21-30 years. The maximum age limit is relaxed upto 3 years for candidates belonging to OBC category and 5 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST category.

The Civil Service Examination comprise of the following stages:
  • Preliminary Exam (Civil Service Aptitude Test)
  • Main Exam
  • Interview
In order to be considered for Indian Police Service, you will have to qualify all the stages mentioned above.

Civil Service Examination is held once a year and the notification for the same is published on the official website of Union Public Service Commission as well as in major newspapers of India including Employment News.
24th August 2012, 06:17 PM
Mohit.Bansal

Thumbs up Re: What should I do to become an IPS Officer being a Commerce student?

dear friend,

to become an IPS officer you have to appear in UPSC Civil Services Exam.
for Civil Services you need to complete or appearing in final year of graduation in any field.

Eligibility Criteria:

1. Graduation in any discipline

2. Age limit:

general : 21 years to 30 years
OBC: 21 years to 33 years
SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

you can apply for UPSC exams online on following direct official link:

http://www.upsconline.nic.in/

Good Luck......
31st August 2012, 11:55 PM
Unregistered

what shuld i do for became a IPS officer being BSc in computer science
1st September 2012, 12:39 AM
drjeet
Senior Member+

Quote:
Hello dear ,

If you want to become IPS officer you should have full fill following requirements::

Eligibility Criteria:

1. Graduation in any discipline

2. Age limit:

general : 21 years to 30 years
OBC: 21 years to 33 years
SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

you can apply for UPSC exams online .

All the best.
9th September 2012, 07:51 PM
sailagishetty

My dear friend
IPS is indian administrative service.The eligibility for IPS is any graduation from recognized university.For becoming IPS officer you have to attempt UPSC civil service exam. If you have completed your graduation then you can apply for exam.This examination is conducted every year by UPSC, and the notification will be published every year in the employment newspaper or in the UPSC Website. This exam is conducted every year by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment to various services like the Indian Administrative Service, Indian Foreign Service and Indian Police Service, as well as Group A and Group B Central Services.
The selection is based on entrance examination followed by Personal Interview, The examination is very competitive because lots of candidates will appear for this examination.
Firstly you have to cracked the Preliminary examination, this examination is objective and there are 2 papers with negative marking. If you crackedthe Preliminary examination thenyou are eligible for Main examination.
In Main examination there are 9 papers and you have to choose the subjects in main examinationon the basis of Graduation. The Question Papers III to IX will be set both in Hindi and English.
You must have attained the ageof 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years, the upper age limit will be relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST candidates, by 3 years for candidates of OBC.
This year examination was already completed and if you have missed the chance this year then you can apply for thisexamination next year. Notification published in the employment Newspaper or in theofficial UPSC website in the Month of February. You have to fill the application form Online Only.
Any graduate candidates are eligible for this examination. Please start preparing well for this examination as per the pattern.For more details check official site
www.Upsc.Gov.In
15th December 2012, 08:54 PM
Unregistered

Now am in commerce widout math but iam nt ints i wanted to become in a police department.what subject should i take in college.plez help me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?