2nd March 2012, 08:17 PM
Dileep Kuamar Sharma

What should I do to pass the IPS exam? I am pursuing MCA

sir,i am student of pursuing mca.plz tell me what i shall do for ips exam.and tell me which types question asked in examination.and how many times we can try for examination .Dileep kumar sharma

3rd March 2012, 11:52 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to pass the IPS exam? I am pursuing MCA

There is no separate IPS Exam for the candidates to join IPS. But instead, there is a civil services examination which is the common entrance exam for the candidates to be placed in various civil services like
-IAS
-IPS
-IRS etc.

The minimum academic qualification with which a candidate can appear for this Exam is by completion of Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.

Candidates who are pursuing final year of Graduation are also eligible to appear for this exam but they should be able to show the proof of passing in Graduation when they appear for Interview.

The selection procedure is by
-Civil Services Aptitude Test
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview

One should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for this exam.

Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category and upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.

Only candidates who have got through CSAT Exam are eligible to take civil services main examination.

The CSAT Exam consists of various qeustions from the following categories.
-General Awareness
-General English
-Aptitude

Try to be strong enough in these areas by the time you take this exam.

As per Main Exam, you need to choose 2 optional subjecs while registering for this exam.

You have to take Civil Services Main Examination on these subjects. So, know the syllabus for the subjects which you have chosen for Main Exam and start preparing for the same along with preparation for CSAT Exam.

As per number of attempts,
-A candidate of OC category can appear for this exam for a maximum of 4 times.
-OBC candidates can take this exam for a maximum of 7 times.
-There is no limit on the number of attempts for the candidates of SC/ST category for this Exam.

For updated information on civil services examination, you can visit
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
3rd March 2012, 12:08 PM
kemch

To be a IPS you have to appear for UPSC exam and the exam eligibility is graduation from any opt. subj. of the UPSC .Let me clear that the exam consists of three class that is pre.exam, main exam, and a interview .These exams are based on your opt.sub. and GK & GS.for more details log ON:
http://www.upscmantra.com
http://www.upsc.gov.
you can get further more details regarding your exam's of UPSC .....all the best......!!!
3rd March 2012, 12:25 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IPS-INDIAN POLICE SERVICE, to become an IPS officer you have to appear and crack the Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year for selection of IAS/IPS/IES/IRS/IFS etc.

The candidate must be an Indian National having either appearing for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years of age. There is upper age relaxation for SC/St candidate up to 5 years and for OBC up to 3 years.

The selection of Civil Service Exam is through three phases:-

CSAT-Civil Service Aptitude Test- which is also called preliminary exam

Civil Service Main Exam.

Personal Interview

For candidate applying for IPS should have certain minimum physical fitness as prescribed.

As you are interested for IPS you can apply for Civil Service exam during pursing your MCA. Civil Service Exam is the most toughest and competitive exam to be appeared with full confidence with preparation. At least one year rigorous preparation is required before sitting for the Civil Service Exam.

For more information you may log on to www.upsc.gov.in
24th December 2012, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

sir,i am student of pursuing mca.plz tell me what i shall do for ips exam.and tell me which types question asked in examination.and how many times we can try for examination .jaspreet singh kharoud
10th January 2013, 10:44 PM
thriller.singh

Thumbs up Re: What should I do to pass the IPS exam? I am pursuing MCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dileep Kuamar Sharma View Post
sir,i am student of pursuing mca.plz tell me what i shall do for ips exam.and tell me which types question asked in examination.and how many times we can try for examination .Dileep kumar sharma
hi,
being a graduate you are eligible for civil services exam conducted by upsc, provided that you fulfill the following age limit-

general- 20 to 30 yrs.
sc/st- 20 to 35 yrs.
obc- 20 to 33 yrs.

the pattern of this examination is as below-

civil services exam is conducted by upsc every year for recruitment to various posts such as IAS, IPS, IFS etc. the pattern of thus exam is as below-

preliminary - general studies & CSAT

main- general studies (two papers), two optional subjects(two paper each), essay, english grammar , one Indian language.

interview.

eligibility- graduation from any stream and age between 21 to 30 years for general candidates.

number of attempts allowed are as below-

general- 4
obc- 7
sc/st- no limit.

students in final year of graduation are also eligible for this exam.

best of luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?