how can i pass ips exam please help...please give me tips for the same

22nd September 2012, 02:01 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I pass IPS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklavya kumar View Post
how can i pass ips exam please help...please give me tips for the same
IPS stands for Indian Police services and to become IPS Officer, you have to appear for the UPSC Civil services examination. This examination is conducted by UPSC every year in these stages, preliminary and Mains. But you have to prepared for the Preliminary examination first. There are three stages in IPS exams.

=> Civil Service Aptitude Test(CSAT)
=> Main Exams
=> Interview

To apply for this examination you must have completed your bachelor degree course in any discipline from recognized university and you must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years, upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

So, if your aim is to become IPS officer, then you have to prepare for the preliminary examination first.

There are two papers in preliminary examination and all are objective with negative marking. If you cracked the preliminary examination then you are eligible for Mains.

You have to choose the subjects for Main examination on the basis of your Graduation.

In this examination you will get limited Attempts to cracked this examination.

If you are General candidates then, four attempts. For scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates there is no restriction and for Other Backward Classes it's up to seven attempts.

IPS officers got a job in Police Departments, jobs like Director of Intelligence Bureau, Deputy Superintendent of Police, Assistant Commissioner of Police etc.

If you are really interested then please prepared as per the syllabus, you can get syllabus from the official website of UPSC.

The notification published in the month of February and eligible candidates may fill the application form online from the official website.

So please start preparation for this examination from now and for more details check UPSC website.

23rd March 2013, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

plz tell me is there best coaching centre for preparation of ips in amritsar

24th March 2013, 05:37 AM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend.............

If you are interested in IPS services,

First you can crack the Civil Examination, Civil Examination is conducted by UPSC ( Union Public Service Commission) in yearly ones

For this civil examination some eligibility criteria are there, if you satisfy theses eligibility criteria then you are eligible for this examination i.e.

Educational Qualification

Age Limit

Nationality

Physical Standard
etc...............

Required Eligibility Criteria for Civil Examination

Educational Qualification

** Candidates have a bachelor of degree in any stream from any recognized university,
Final year students also eligible for this examination,There is no percentage required for this examination

Age Limit

** Candidates age should between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates

3 years relaxation for OBC candidates

Nationality

** Candidates should be a citizen of India

Selection Procedure

** Preliminary Examination

** Mains Examination

** Interview Test

No.of Attempts

** Maximum 7 attempts for general candidates

** Maximum 4 attempts for OBC Candidates

** No restriction for SC/ST candidates

Physical Standards for IPS

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?