21st October 2017, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

What should I study after 9th standard to become an IAS officer?

Sir/Mam, I am in class 9 so which subject is perfect for me. I prepare my career as IAS officer. So, can you please provide me with the information on this? It will be really helpful if you can answer me back on this soon as possible. Thanks!

24th October 2017, 07:07 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: What should I study after 9th standard to become an IAS officer?

IAS is Indian Administrative Services. The examination conducting body of IAS is Union Public Service Commission and name of examination is Civil Services Examination.

All graduates are eligible for this examination. Your focus should be on social science subject like History, Political Science, Geography, Economics.

After 10th, you should pursue 12th with Humanities stream. You can pursue bachelor's degree in any of subjects mentioned above and select that subject as optional subject in Mains examination.
24th October 2017, 08:53 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

To become an IAS officer after completion of your 9th standard, you have to pursue 10th standard, Higher Secondary course and Bachelor's degree course. You can pursue your higher secondary and Bachelor's degree course in any discipline of your interest from a Government recognised board/ university and after completion of that, you are eligible to apply for IAS examination.
24th October 2017, 10:45 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that in order to become IAS ( Indian Administrative Service ) officer you need to qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

Further for appearing in Civil Services examination the required educational qualification is a graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.

Now as it is evident that there is no compulsion of particular stream for appearing in Civil Services examination and hence you have the liberty to choose your stream of academics for appearing in Civil Services examination.

Further I would like to advice you that you should pursue that subject for your further studies that which lies to your strength and in which you are very much interested. Also does not get yourself confused by the myths that a particular subject is easy to qualify Civil Services examination as when you compare the success rate for different optional subjects it is almost same for all the subjects.

One thing I would also like advice you that you should try to work on your vocabulary and general studies by going through English newspaper editorials and NCERT textbooks from Class VI onwards from now along with your regular academics as it would will very helpful for you when you appear for stage one of Civil Services examination i.e; Civil Services Aptitude Test.

For more details regarding Civil Services examination you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in.
25th October 2017, 01:18 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

For recruitment as an I.A.S Officer one must have to qualify in Civil Service examination.

The examination is conducted in three stages. The minimum eligibility to appear in examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline.

The age limit to appear in examination is 21-32 years.

You can pursue any stream in your academic qualification to appear in examination as there is no limitation on discipline to appear in examination.

To qualify in examination you have to prepare for examination with a proper strategy, determination and dedication to your studies.

So, from now you must go through NCERT books of Std VI -XII and Current Affairs. To get any extra information regarding examination visit at official website at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?