8th February 2018, 03:01 AM
Rashmita Nayak

What to study further to become a Lecturer after graduation?

I have done with my graduation from Mumbai. I'm interested in being a Lecturer. For this what should I study and from which college in Odisha? With a good training? I'm from commerce stream.

Related Questions:
17th February 2018, 05:58 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to study further to become a Lecturer after graduation?

Being a graduate and interested in becoming a lecturer, you need to first complete your Master's degree in your desired subject and then you need to qualify NET/SET examination in the your concerned paper for recruitment in universities across India.

Further for appearing in NET/SET examination for recruitment as lecturer/assistant professor you are required to have completed your Master's degree with at least 55% marks ( in case of reserved category candidates 50% ) from a recognized university. Also there is no age limit for recruitment as a lecturer.
17th February 2018, 08:07 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

To become lecturer, the minimum academic qualification for Lectureship is master's degree in any stream from a recognized university. Candidates who have 55% marks in master's degree can apply for National Eligibility Test to become Lecturer.

Top Universities for Master's degree in Commerce:

Sambalpur University.

Berhampur University.

You can pursue Master's degree in commerce and minimum of 55% marks in master's degree.
18th February 2018, 02:54 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

To become a lecturer, you have to appear and qualify for NET examination.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed master degree from a recognised university. Candidate must have scored minimum 55% in master degree.

There is no age limit to appear for the examination. So, you can pursue a master degree in commerce.

You also have to do better preparation as according to the syllabus of NET examination.
18th February 2018, 03:03 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

For becoming Lecturer, you need to attend entrance exams like UGC NET/ CSIR NET and etc., you need to qualify the exam in merit, so that you can become Lecturer.

For attending the exam you need to fulfill the eligibility requirements which are as follows:

- The educational qualification required is a masters level degree in any related subject from any recognised university.
- The minimum percentage required is 55%.

Since you have completed graduation level degree, you need to go for masters and also you need to study B.Ed degree from any recognised university.

There are many universities which provide masters level degree in commerce or related streams. Some of the universities in Orissa which provide this course are listed below:

- Fakir Mohan Autonomous college
- Biju Pattanaik college of science & education
- Utkal university
- Institute of Media studies
- BJB Autonomous college
- NIIS Institute of Information science & management
- Regional college of management
- Attitude Business School
- Arya School of Management & Information Technology
- Dhenkanal Autonomous college
- Berhampur university
18th February 2018, 04:49 PM
NivePrabu

To become a Lecturer,you have to do post graduation in your stream and you have to do Ph.D..Then you need to appear for UGC-NET exams for lecturership..The state-level tests are also conducted with in the state..There is no age limit for lecturership..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?