4th October 2012, 10:40 PM
SHRAUS

Which are the subjects for IAS officer exam?

I want to be an ias officer what is the subject and cource which required for this

Related Questions:
  1. How to prepare myself for IAS exam? How many subjects do I have to opt for IAS exam?
  2. What subjects should I take to become an IAS officer through B.Tech
  3. How many Exams I have to undergo to become IAS Officer? What are the subjects for this? Which books to prepare for this? Does coaching necessary to become IAS Officer?
  4. ICSE or CBSE Board, which will help me to become an IAS Officer? Subjects to follow in IAS examination?
  5. Which are the subjects for IAS officer exam?
  6. What are the subjects of IAS? How should I prepare for IAS?
  7. What is the work-profile of an IES mechanical officer in various sectors? Does IES officer have same powers as IAS officer?
  8. Can I become IAS Officer after completion of Graduation in Geography? Which subjects should I choose for this?
  9. Eligibility and qualification needed for IAS officer's post? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Which subjects to take up in 12th become an IAS officer?
  11. How to select optional subjects for Civil Services examination? How to prepare well for the examination?
  12. How to prepare for IAS entrance exam? How many optional subjects should we opt for IAS exam?
  13. Which subjects should be taken in 11th and 12th to become an IAS officer?
  14. What subjects can I choose to become an IAS officer?
  15. Which Optional Subjects should I choose for IAS Exam?
  16. How to become an IAS officer? I am a student of BSc Agriculture
  17. Physical fitness requirements, starting salary and duration of IAS Officer training for 2nd PUC student?
  18. How can I become an IAS Officer being a 9th student? Detailed information about IAS? -- [New]
5th October 2012, 10:30 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which are the subjects for IAS officer exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHRAUS View Post
I want to be an ias officer what is the subject and cource which required for this
IAS exam is conducted by UPSC through Civil Service Exam so if you want to go for IAS exam , you can attend to CSAT exam.

Those candidate are graduate from any recognized university with any discipline are eligible for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 21 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

You can choose one of these scoring subject like History , Pol science , Philosophy etc. This subject are scoring if you can .

Optional Subject for IAS Exam:-

Mains Subject:-

For further information you may log on to For further information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in

5th April 2013, 03:13 PM
Unregistered

Hiii,
i'm in 10th standard going to be 11th...i want to become I.A.S OFFICER so plz tell me whole process from 11th till to become an I.A.S OFFICER
9th April 2013, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

Can I do my MBA and then write my IAS exam? What specialization should I opt in MBA?
10th May 2013, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

after 12th what process i must have to do plz tell?
2nd June 2013, 04:31 PM
Unregistered

Hi
I am in 10 th standard going to be 11th i want to become I.A.S Officer.so please tell me whole process from 11 th till to become an I.A.S officer
2nd June 2013, 06:19 PM
mhtshrm9

dear guest its good to see that u are willing to prepare so early
u should take up those subjects only which u feel u will take in ur upsc exam
graduate in those so u'll master them by then which will help u alot
graduation is a must criteria for this exam so if ur determined go for specialization in desired subject
2nd June 2013, 07:29 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

The Indian Administrative Service officers are selected through the Civil Services Examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission on the yearly basis.

If you want to become IAS officer then simply complete graduation. You can have any subjects of your choice in 12th and any graduation course to be eligible for the Civil Services Examination.

Therefore you have haven't already completed graduation, put the focus on it and complete the graduation. Choose the course for graduation which can offer you good job in case you are not selected for the Indian Administrative Service.

IAS Eligibility

1. Nationality of the candidate has to be Indian.

2. Basic qualification criteria is bachelor degree.

3. No percentage requirement in bachelor degree.

4. Candidates between age group of 21 to 30 years can apply.

5. The upper age limit is relaxed for OBC by 3 years as per govt rules.

6. 5 years relaxation is given for the SC/ST candidates.

7. No physical criteria requirement for Indian Administrative Service.

Selection Procedure

1. Preliminary Exam which is conducted in June. There are two written tests with the aim to qualify for the next stage. Unable to clear preliminary means that you can not appear for the rest of the stages.

2. Main Examination that will seal your fate. 9 written tests that will comprise your total score.

3. Personal Interview
5th July 2013, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

Post Re: Which are the subjects for IAS officer exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHRAUS View Post
what is the subject & cources which are required for IAS.??
22nd November 2013, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

How can i"ll become ias after complete my b.com
17th November 2015, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

Hiii!!!!! I am in 11th I had taken physical education instead of maths and please ell me which subjects are important to became I.A.S officer
3rd July 2016, 11:32 PM
Unregistered

actually from my point of view i think that if we have perfect vision for our aim anything impossible can be achieve after all we are humans a social animal wid great level of intelligenvce.we should just have faith in our self and just give our best and should not think that we cant do this..because whatever is ips or any other thing we human beings only be so why not we should try...hope for best stay calm be positive....
17th September 2016, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

What are the best subject which we take on graduation to became an IAS officer
18th July 2017, 10:05 AM
Unregistered

How I'll become an IAS officer after completing my BA and which subjects are most necessary for its preparation?
1st August 2017, 08:58 PM
Unregistered

I am in 9th standard going to class 9th next year.i want to become an IAS officer. Please tell me what are the subjects for studying in it and how to prepare for it?
12th March 2018, 11:00 PM
Unregistered

I am in 10th class and I want to become an IAS officer but my history is not good but my maths science(except bio) economics political science is good then which stream i choice in 11th class
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?