26th September 2016, 07:18 AM
Unregistered

Will I be eligible to appear in SSC CGL and Bank PO exams if my degree has been terminated by DEC at present days which was recognised in old days?

I have recently completed my B.Sc IT from Kuvempu University. The University was recognized by UGC and DEC Back when I took admission in the B.Sc IT programme, the programme was affiliated by DEC. But last year the affiliation of this programme has been terminated by DEC. Will I be eligible to appear in SSC CGL and BANK PO?

26th September 2016, 11:55 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be eligible to appear in SSC CGL and Bank PO exams if my degree has been terminated by DEC at present days which was recognised in old days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have recently completed my B.Sc IT from Kuvempu University. The University was recognized by UGC and DEC Back when I took admission in the B.Sc IT programme, the programme was affiliated by DEC. But last year the affiliation of this programme has been terminated by DEC. Will I be eligible to appear in SSC CGL and BANK PO?
You have completed B.Sc in IT from Kuvempu University so you are eligible for SSC CGL and Bank PO exam because your University is recognized by UGC.

SSC CGL:

Minimum qualification required to apply for this examination is completing a degree course from a recognized Institution.

Your age should be in between 21 to 27 years.

Bank PO:

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI PO exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 30 years.
22nd December 2017, 10:42 PM
nishanth60

Default Re: Will I be eligible to appear in SSC CGL and Bank PO exams if my degree has been terminated by DEC at present days which was recognised in old days?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for SSC CGL and bank PO examinations as you have completed your B.SC in IT stream.
Eligibility for SSC CGL exam :
-> Educational qualification required is Graduation or equivalent examination pass from recognised college or university.
-> Age limit to apply is 18-27 years for General category, 18-30 years for OBC category and 18-32 years for SC, ST category candidates.
-> Selection process is written test conducted in 2 stages, skill test and personal interview.

Eligibility for Bank PO exam :
-> Graduation in any discipline from UGC approved institution or university.
-> Age limit to apply for this exam is 21-30 years for General category candidates and age relaxations are : 3 years for OBC candidates, 5 years for SC and ST candidates.
-> Selection procedure of this exam is preliminary exam, main examination followed by personal interview for the candidates who got shortlisted in main exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?