3rd October 2012, 03:41 PM
Prabakaran66

Is work experience required for the candidate to get admission for MBA course? When can I write CAT Exam being a candidate pursuing BE in Mechanical Engineering?

I am now pursuing a degree in B.E. Mechanical engineering.i would want to know if a period of work experience is required for admission into an MBA degree.
When can i write the CAT exam. if i do need

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to study MBA for a Diploma holder who has 4 years of work experience? -- [New]
  2. List of MBA colleges for a candidate who has secured 78% in CAT and having 28 months of work experience?
  3. Which course is a better choice for me between MBA, M.Sc and ME being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year BE in Mechanical Engineering?
  4. Is there any chance to get admission in top German universities for MS course in automobile engineering? I am a 2nd year student pursuing my B.Tech in mechanical engineering at BITS, Pilani. What I can do from now on to improve my chances?
  5. Suggestions regarding to join MBA being a candidate of Compute Science Engineering?
  6. Can I do MBA being a candidate of pursuing B.Com?
  7. What course should I do pursue after B.A?
  8. Which are the various exams after BSc?
  9. Possibility of pursuing Ph.D Civil Engineering in Chennai for M.Tech candidate who has 3 years of work experience?
  10. Which course is a better choice for me between ME and MBA being a candidate pursuing final year of Mechanical Engineering?
  11. Percentage needed in BCA to write CAT exam to get into reputed MBA universities?
  12. Is it possible to do MBA after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  13. Which Government Exams I can appear for being a candidate of pursuing final year of Mechanical Engineering?
  14. How to do MBA after pursuing B.Tech mechanical engineering?
  15. How may I know about placement of MBA(Marketing)? How many percentile(In CAT) is required to get calls from IIM for SC candidate?
  16. Can I give CAT Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Information regarding IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing MBA?
  18. Which PG course is best after completing mechanical engineering degree? What are the possible options of joining B schools?
3rd October 2012, 05:23 PM
ankima
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is work experience required for the candidate to get admission for MBA course? When can I write CAT Exam being a candidate pursuing BE in Mechanical Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabakaran66 View Post
I am now pursuing a degree in B.E. Mechanical engineering.i would want to know if a period of work experience is required for admission into an MBA degree.
When can i write the CAT exam. if i do need
Dear,

MBA is now chosen by most of the students even from engineering background for better job options, salary package and sparkling career in corporate world!

Many reputed MBA colleges including top IIMs prefer students with work experience of a year or two. But if you want to study as a fresher its also not a problem but then you need to have great communication skill and confidence to beat your competitors in Group discussions.Experience is mandatory in Executive MBAs.

Since its a professional degree its not only about studying, giving exams and getting degree you need to have a good communication skill, innovative ideas and presentation skill as MBA involves lots of project presentation and seminars.

CAT score is accepted by all IIMs and many private MBA colleges for admission in MBA. The better will be your score the better MBA college you will get. So you should prepare well for CAT as its not very easy.

You can give test from you 3rd year of B.tech and on wards.

Best of luck!
3rd October 2012, 05:34 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is work experience required for the candidate to get admission for MBA course? When can I write CAT Exam being a candidate pursuing BE in Mechanical Engineering?

CAT stands for Common Admission Test. There is no need of any work experience to appear for the Common Admission Test. All you need is:

1. A graduation degree in any stream.

2. At least 50 percent marks in graduation

3. SC/ST require 45 percent marks.

If you meet this criteria then you can appear for the Common Admission Test. Therefore you will be able to appear for CAT exam after completing the BE course. Although I would not recommend you to go for MBA instead you should consider M.Tech as the post graduation option.

The work experience is generally not required for MBA admission. Common Admission Test is taken up for admission in Indian Institute of Management. The admission process of IIMs does not need work experience.

The requirement to be eligible for admission changes from IIM to IIM. Only passing the CAT exam with good marks will not get you entry into Indian Insitute of Management. The institute also gives value to your 10th, 12th and graduation score.

The candidates are first selected for written exam followed by group discussion and interview before they get admission in IIM. This is the procedure of getting admission in India's top B Schools.

The requirement of work experience only arises when you are looking for distance course admission in MBA. Otherwise universities generally do not ask for work experience.
3rd October 2012, 05:52 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

MBA - MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, is a two years Post Graduation course which can be pursed after Graduation in any stream through appearing entrance exam like CAT/MAT/XAT etc.

No work experience is required to get admission to MBA course. Only the candidate has to crack entrance exam to get admission to MBA course.

CAT - COMMON ADMISSION TEST, conducted by IIM(Indian Institute of Management) for admission to MBA course in IIMs and others.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Graduation in any stream of education with 50% marks(45% marks for SC/ST candidate) from a recognised University. There is no restriction to upper age for application to CAT.

As you are pursing BE Mechanical Engineering, after completion of which you can apply and appear for CAT for admission to MBA course.

For more information you may log on to http://www.catiim.in
15th January 2014, 12:09 PM
Unregistered

is work experience required for getting admission in good MBA colleges like IIM,symboysis etc?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?