13th July 2017, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for Railway JE exam?

Good morning Sir, I have completed diploma course through lateral entry of 2 years program but diploma is 3 years program. Sir, please tell me. I am eligible to fillup the form of railway JE?

13th July 2017, 11:52 PM
rochithirkane
Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Railway JE exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Good morning Sir, I have completed diploma course through lateral entry of 2 years program but diploma is 3 years program. Sir, please tell me. I am eligible to fillup the form of railway JE?
The educational qualification required for JE is Diploma passed in the relevant discipline with more than 50% marks.The candidate should be a passout i.e. should have passing certificate while filling the form and final year candidates are not allowed.The vacancies are not regular.You need to check on the website of the RRBs to know about vacancies or in Employment News.
13th July 2017, 11:57 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

--> First thing I would to let you know that for appearing in RRB JE ( Railway Recruitment Board Junior Engineer ) examination the basic qualifications required are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying withing 18 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have either completed your diploma in engineering degree course or must be in the final year of same degree course from a recognized institute.

So having completed your diploma degree through lateral entry of two years you are eligible for appearing in RRB JE examination on the educational requirement ground as three year diploma program is equivalent to two years diploma program through lateral entry after completion of higher secondary school degree.

For details and updates regarding RRB JE examination you can refer to the link www.rrb.gov.in.
14th July 2017, 08:00 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for Railway Junior Engineer entrance examination:

1. You must have done three years diploma in disciplines like electrical, civil, electronics and communication etc. Two years diploma candidates can not apply for JE entrance exam.

2. The age limit is 18-32 years. OBC and SC/ST candidates can get upper age relaxations.
14th July 2017, 08:48 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for Railway Recruitment for the post of Junior Engineer just with completion of 2 years Diploma course. There is a certain educational qualification required to be eligible for the post of "Junior Engineer".

>> For the post of Jr.Engineer:-

* You must have completed Diploma in Engineering with 3 years from a recognized university.

>> Age Criteria :-

* Minimum Age - 18 years
* Maximum Age - 32 years

So I suggest you to complete Diploma qualification 3 years from a recognized university. So that you will get the basic eligibility criteria for JE recruitment in Indian Railways.
14th July 2017, 09:11 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for Railway Junior Engineer examination is:

>>Candidate must have completed three years diploma from a recognized university. Final year diploma candidates can also apply for Railway Junior Engineer entrance exam.

>>The age limit for Junior Engineer entrance exam is 18-32 years. There is upper age relaxation of three years to OBC and five years to SC/ST candidates.

Two years diploma course candidates can not apply for Railway JE examination.
19th July 2017, 01:27 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you are eligible for Railway JE exam.

Those candidates who have completed diploma course in ECE, Electrical and Mechanical engineering from a recognized University are eligible for Railway JE exam.
12th July 2019, 09:06 AM
Unregistered

I have done polytechnic in IT am i eligible for rrb je???
13th July 2019, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

Will I be eligible for GATE exam after completing M.Sc in distance mode?
22nd August 2019, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

i am from b com completed graduation can i apply for je rrb exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?