26th March 2016, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for Railways exam if I have passed 10th from NIOS board?

Am I eligible to apply for Railways exam if I have passed 10th from NIOS board? What is the minimum eligibility criteria required to apply for the railways? Can you please let me know the criteria and the details which I need to follow up?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to get job if pursuing 10th NIOS Board?
  2. Am I eligible to get a government job after completion of 12th from NIOS board?
  3. Am I eligible to apply for Andhra Pradesh LAWCET if reappeared in intermediate from NIOS Board?
  4. Can I be eligible to write government railway exam? I am a final year CSE student
  5. Am I eligible to apply for Army Direct recruitment being a 10th NIOS student? How can they verify if address is not mentioned in NIOS Certificate?
  6. Eligibility to appear in JEXPO for 10th NIOS students with mentioned subjects?
  7. Can I do 10th in NIOS Board being 25 years old 8th passed candidate?
  8. Can I apply for improvement of marks in Mar-April 2016 exam of NIOS board?
  9. How can I get a job in Railway? I am a diploma candidate in Information Science
  10. Eligibility to get Government jobs for NIOS students?
  11. Is it possible to score good marks in NIOS Board exams for 10th student?
  12. What should I do to get job being an NIOS student?
  13. Am I eligible to apply for JEE Advanced if reappearing in 12th from NIOS board?
  14. Whether a candidate is eligible to get admission in 11th CBSE if appear 10th NIOS?
  15. Can I appear in 12th Science NIOS Board exam now if completed 10th NIOS in this year?
  16. How to apply for NIOS Senior Secondary exam? What is the eligibility required to pass NIOS? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. NIOS Sr. Secondary passed candidate is eligible for MBBS, BDS and B.Arch? Procedure to apply for COMEDK MBBS exam?
  18. Eligibility to apply for 10th and 12th from NIOS for a candidate who has completed 9th WBBSE about 5 years ago? Eligibility to apply JEE Main and Advanced?
27th March 2016, 10:09 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Railways exam if I have passed 10th from NIOS board?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to apply for Railways exam if I have passed 10th from NIOS board? What is the minimum eligibility criteria required to apply for the railways? Can you please let me know the criteria and the details which I need to follow up?
You have passed 10th standard, so you are eligible for Indian Railway in Group D post.

Those candidates who have completed 10th standard from recognized board are eligible for Railway Group D post.

Your minimum age should be 18 years.
27th March 2016, 04:59 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Railways exam if I have passed 10th from NIOS board?

Yes, you will be eligible to apply for Railways exam after passing 10th from NIOS board.

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open School.

The students who have passed NIOS board are eligible to appear in any entrance exam. NIOS degree are recognized by the Ministry of Human Resource and Development (HRD), Government of India.

NIOS administers Secondary and Senior Secondary examinations of open schools similar to the CBSE and the CISCE to increase literacy and provide education to rural areas.

Being a 10th passed candidate, you can apply for RRB exam for posts like Commercial Clerk, Ticket Examiner, Accounts Clerk cum Typist, Junior Clerk Cum Typist, RPF constable, etc.

Eligibility criteria:

-The candidate should have passed 10th / equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks.

-The candidate age limit to apply for these posts should be in between 18 years to 30 years. Age Relaxation is given to the reserved category candidates as per the norms set by the government.

-The selection is done through written exam followed by the personal interview and medical test for the qualified candidates.
1st August 2017, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for applying senior sectional engineer in railway recruitment board. As i cleared my engineering degree from from visveshwaray technology university but i got my Puc from NIOS.
27th May 2018, 01:27 AM
Unregistered

I have completed 10 2 from a state open school with subjects English,MIL(Assamese language), Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics. Now, as we know open schools don't have streams. Whether myself will be treated as science stream students..? Please clarify.
8th June 2018, 10:47 AM
Unregistered

I have passed iti in electrician in nios board am I eligible for any railway job?
8th September 2018, 06:45 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for railway job I have complete 10th standard in andhra Pradesh open school society
8th April 2019, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for the post of law in railway recruitment board as I have completed my 10th standard from nios? And in notification of rrb they are showing sslc/matriculation/high school certificate or equivalent only? So which option should I choose as I have choose other category but my form is not uploading further?
17th July 2019, 01:57 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for Railway intermediate (departmental For Junior eng.. ) exam if I have passed 12th from NIOS board?
10th July 2020, 11:15 PM
Unregistered

I have passed 10th from Nios , can I apply in railway or other government job
19th February 2021, 06:36 AM
Unregistered

I have clear the exam of 10th and i have given the Nios board can RPF will be accepted the Nios board in thy job of RPF constable plz reply me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?