7th September 2016, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for railway job after mechanical engineering?

Sir, my name is Anand and I have passed intermediate with 60%. I am doing mechanical engineering. I want to apply for a railway job. Am I eligible for railway job? Please reply me Sir [email protected] is my email id.

Related Questions:
  1. How to apply for Indian Railway with my Mechanical Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. What should I do to get Job in Indian Railway being a candidate of Mechanical Engineering? Which Exams I have to appear for this? Where can I get good Information regarding this?
  3. What are the posts available in Indian Railway for B.Tech Mechanical Engineer? Procedure to apply?
  4. Can a Diploma in Mechanical engineering through lateral entry apply for Railway Junior Engineer job?
  5. Job opportunities after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  6. What should I do to get job in Indian Railway being a Mechanical graduate?
  7. Can a Mechanical Engineering student apply for Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) exam and get a job?
  8. For how much time should I do internship after Diploma in Mechanical engineering to apply for Railway Pilot job?
  9. How can I apply for JE mechanical in railway?
  10. Am I eligible to apply for the Railway driver job after completion of 12th commerce course?
  11. What kind of job is offered in Indian Railway for B.Tech Mechanical Engineer?
  12. Job opportunities in Indian Railways for B.Tech Mechanical Engineer? Tips to prepare for Indian Railway recruitment exam?
  13. How may I find a job in Indian railways after completion of mechanical engineering course?
  14. Am I eligible to apply for railway job after completion of B.E degree in second class?
  15. How can I apply to get job in Indian Railway, IOCL, HPCL, BHEL or SAIL being a B.Tech Mechanical Engineer?
  16. How to get a job in northern railway? I am pursuing B.Tech in mechanical engineering
  17. What to study after 12th to become a Loco Pilot in Indian Railways? -- [New]
  18. Which course is better between ITI Mechanics and Diploma with Mechanical stream to get job in Indian Railway?
7th September 2016, 06:53 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for railway job after mechanical engineering?

Since you are pursuing Mechanical Engineering degree course so the best option for you will be the post of Senior Engineer or Junior Engineer in the Indian Railways and for becoming the same you need to clear RRB entrance examination.

RRB stands for Railway Recruitment Board and it conducts RRB entrance examination for recruitment of staffs at different posts as per the vacancies.

For appearing in RRB entrance examination for becoming Junior Engineer or Senior Engineer you need to have the qualifications given below :-

--> For the post of Junior Engineer :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying within 18 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the norms.

* You must have at least completed your diploma in engineering degree from a recognized university.

--> For the post of Senior Engineer :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying within 20 years to 34 years. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the norms.

* You must have completed your bachelor of engineering degree from a recognized university. Students pursuing their final year of same degree are too eligible.

For further details about the same examination log on to the link www.rrb.gov.nic.in.
7th September 2016, 11:50 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Of course you are eligible for railway jobs. There are many posts in railway like ticket collector, assistant engineer, data entry operator, GRPF, Managerial posts etc. You can apply for all of them
8th September 2016, 12:06 AM
Program complete
Senior Member++

Yes,You can apply for railway job after mechanical engineering.There are many jobs available in railway department for those who have completed engineering in Mechanical Branch.

The following are the some good job posts where you can apply:-

->>Assistant Station Master (ASM)

->>Transport Assistant

->>Jr. Executive / IT

->>Sr. System Analyst/ IT

->>Jr. Engineer / IT

->>Electronic Mechanical/ IT

->>Section Engineer

->>Junior Engineer

->>Stenographer/ Junior Stenographer (Hindi/ English)

->>Law Assistant.
8th September 2016, 12:15 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Yes, as you are from a mechanical engineering background you are eligible to apply for various jobs in railway.

In order to apply for job in the Indian Railways, you have to appear for the entrance examination of IES (Indian Engineering Services). After clearing the entrance examination, you will be appointed as a section engineer in Indian Railways. The IES examination is conducted by the UPSC. (www.upsc.gov.in).

After mechanical engineering you can apply for the following posts:

> Inspecting Engineers in Mechanical Discipline.

> Inspecting Engineering in Mechanical, Civil, Electrical and M&C.

> Assistant in Mechanical Engineer.

> Management Trainee-Mechanical.

> Assistant in Metro Projects.

> Indian Railway Stores Service (Mechanical Engineering Posts).

Here is the list of entrance examinations:

> IRTS - Indian Railway Traffic Service.

> IRAS - Indian Railway Accounts Service.

> IRSE - Indian Railway Service of Engineers.

> IRSEE - Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers.

> IRSSE - Indian Railway Service of Signal Engineers.

> IRSS - Indian Railway Store Service.
25th July 2020, 11:49 PM
Unregistered

Which is the best for mechanical engineering
3rd August 2020, 03:18 PM
Sunnyprem960

Hello,

Yes, you can apply for Indian Railway with your bachelor degree in mechanical engineering for various posts that and when there are advertised in the official website according to your qualification.
Like for e. g.: Junior engineer etc..
21st December 2020, 09:47 AM
Unregistered

I have completed diploma in mechanical engineering after my tenth. Then I joine BE MECHANICAL ENGINEERING directly in the second year . Now can I apply for STATION MASTER post in railway????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?