16th January 2017, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Customs directly after completing class 12th scoring 75% marks? Do I have to complete Graduation to join Customs?

Respected Sir, I have completed my class 12th scoring 75% marks and now I wish to join the Customs without pursuing Graduation. I want to know can I join Customs directly after completing class 12th scoring 75% marks? Do I have to complete Graduation to join Customs? Please answer as soon as possible.

18th January 2017, 11:54 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Customs directly after completing class 12th scoring 75% marks? Do I have to complete Graduation to join Customs?

The recruitment in Custom Department is offered through Civil Service entrance examination which is conducted by UPSC.

The minimum eligibility to appear for examination is bachelor degree. So, you have to pursue graduation in any stream to appear for examination.

Civil Service examination is conducted in three stages as Preliminary, Mains and Interview and candidates have to qualify in all stages of examination for final selection as an officer in Custom department.

For further any information related to examination log on to www.upsc.gov.in.
19th January 2017, 10:17 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Customs directly after completing class 12th scoring 75% marks? Do I have to complete Graduation to join Customs?

You cannot join Customs department directly after completion of 12th Class. In order to get job in Customs department, you are required to follow a certain eligibility criteria that is required.

The minimum qualification required to be eligible for this recruitment is "Graduation" in any discipline. In order to get job in Customs department, you are required to appear in Combined Graduate Level Examination that is conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC).

I suggest you to pursue Graduation first in order to be eligible for this recruitment as the minimum qualification required is Bachelor Degree hence you cannot find job in Customs department with just 12th Class qualification.
19th January 2017, 10:46 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

For recruitment as an officer in Custom department the minimum required qualification is bachelor degree in any discipline.

The recruitment is made after qualifying in Civil Service examination which is among the toughest and conducted by UPSC every year. The age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years.

So, you are not eligible to appear for examination after bachelor degree in any discipline.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?