14th February 2017, 02:55 PM
Unregistered

Can I join police services, if got selected in administrative services?

If I got selected for administrative services, but I want to join police services. Can I do this by some procedure?

19th February 2017, 07:20 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join police services, if got selected in administrative services?

No, you can't join in Police Services if you have got selected in Administrative services. To join in Police services, you need to appear and qualify the respective examination and participate in further rounds. If you perform well in all the rounds of Police Services recruitment, you will be selected into Police Services and you can join in it. Since, you have selected for administrative services, you can't join in Police Services.
19th February 2017, 07:59 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join police services, if got selected in administrative services?

There is no procedure to change the services at the last moment. If you have got selected in IAS cadre and want to join IPS cadre, then it will not be an easy task because recruitment has already been done. Any change will create unnecessary headache for conducting organisation.

Seats are limited for each cadre and after appointment, there aren't any seats left. Either the next candidate on merit list will get the nod or the seat will remain vacant, there is no other way.
14th June 2023, 08:48 AM
Nikhil202k
Banned

Yes, it is possible to join the police services if you have been selected for administrative services. In many countries, including India, the administrative services and police services are part of the civil services framework.

In India, for example, the administrative services refer to the Indian Administrative Service (IAS), while the police services refer to the Indian Police Service (IPS). Both services are part of the All India Services (AIS), which also includes the Indian Forest Service (IFS).

When you are selected for administrative services, you have the option to choose the Indian Police Service as your preferred service if you meet the eligibility criteria and have a strong interest in serving in the police department. The selection process for the IPS includes a competitive examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) followed by an interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?