24th June 2012, 01:10 AM
Unregistered

How can I get the post in IPS after passing 12th? I have read PCM

I read in class12th.i am read pcm.how can i am get a post in ips.

24th June 2012, 09:24 AM
roknits
Senior Member+

Default Re: How can I get the post in IPS after passing 12th? I have read PCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I read in class12th.i am read pcm.how can i am get a post in ips.
hello!!

One can become an IPS officer by giving The UPSC conducted civil services exanination which is conducted twice every year.

there is no separate exam conducted for Becoming An IPS officer , actually one if selected in IAS exam on the basis of his/her rank has the choice to choose from the below mentioned administrative positions..

---Indian foreign services
---Indian police services
---Indian forest services

ELIGBILITY --Civil services exam

--graduation from a recognized university.

--candidates in their final year of graduation can also apply..

--age atleast 21 years.

--relaxation and reservation for OBC/ST/ST/PWD. Candidates.

IPS means Indian police services.the candidates selected through civil services exam are given IPS to join the indian administrative positions

for more information about the exam visit : http://www.upsc.gov.in
hope this helped.............

with regards
roknits
24th June 2012, 09:46 AM
cenahlr

dear information seeker,
the eligibility criteria for joining the Indian police Services is that an aspirant should be a minimum garduate from a recognised university or a college in India. He/She should be 21years to 30 yrs of age at the time of appearing in the UPSC held Civil Services Examination.
The UPSC stands for union public service commision. This body is responsible for conducting various union level examination. Of them one is the Indian Civil Services Examination, held each year. The examination is a Three tier process. The priliminary examination is objective in nature. it is a day process and held each other in the month of May. In August the resulte are declared and the successful candidates are called for appearing in the Mains examination, which is spread in the months of october and November. In december the UPSC brings out a notification for the next years examination. In March your Main examination result is declared. April-May you are called for the interviews...Selected,you dont have to reappera in the next Preliminary.... so best of luck and focus straight on success..........l...llll
24th June 2012, 11:24 AM
GURINDER BILLING

hiiii dear......!!!!

->IPS means Indian police services.the candidates selected through civil services exam are given IPS to join the indian administrative positions

->To become an IPS officer you have to give the UPSC conducted civil services exanination which is conducted twice in a year.

-> There is no separate exam conducted for Becoming An IPS officer , actually one if selected in IAS exam on the basis of his/her rank has the choice to choose from the below mentioned administrative positions..

-->Indian foreign services
-->Indian police services
-->Indian forest services

ELIGBILITY CRITERAIA:-

-Civil services exam

-graduation from a recognized university.

-candidates in their final year of graduation can also apply..

-age atleast 21 years.

-relaxation and reservation for OBC/ST/ST/PWD. Candidates.

for more information you can visit this website:-

-> http://www.upsc.gov.in

best wishes....gurinder!!!
24th June 2012, 06:02 PM
padhakudkt

IPS stands for Indian Police Services officer and to become IPS Officer you have to complete your Graduate degree course first, Because graduation is the minimum Eligibility Criteria to apply for Civil services examination of UPSC to become IPS Officer.

But you have completed your 12Th examination. So you are Not eligible for Civil services examination now. Please complete your Graduation degree course first and then apply for this examination.

To apply for this examination you must have attained the age of 21 years and Not attained the age of 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

So, You have to study 3 more year and have to complete your Graduation and then you can appeared for Civil services examination.

This examination is Conducted in 2 stages, Preliminary examination and Main examination. But firstly you have to cracked the Preliminary examination Only then you are eligible for Main examination.

Number of Attempts:

~~ Four attempts for open
~~ seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs.

If a person appears in the Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt.

So, please complete your Graduation first and then apply for UPSC Civil services examination and if you need more information about this examination then please check official website :

www.upsc.gov.in
24th June 2012, 07:38 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

IPS eligibility criteria:-

To give this exam you need to be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university. If you are appearing for the final year then also you are eligible to apply for this exam.

Your age should be between 21-30 years.

There is relaxation for the SC/ST/OBC category.

The selection procedure includes preliminary exam, main exam and personal interview.

At the most you can give this exam for four times.

Minimum height for male is 165 cm and for female it is 150 cm.
Chest size for male should be minimum 84 cm, expandable upto 5cm. In case of female it is 79cm, expandable upto 5cm.

Eye:- 6/12 or 6/9 distant vision for worse eye and 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye.

For more information please log onto this website:- www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?